Childrens' week schedule

How does Blizz fail so badly that they advertise incorrect dates in the wow classic launcher for an event? I’ve been set to classic the entire time and the launcher told me children’s week ends on the 10th. I login to finish getting pets and it’s over. On that note, how are they able to screw up so bad the events are on different days between retail and classic? They seem to be the same length, why shift it 2 days? I’m just pissed I have to wait an extra year to get all the pets. I just checked the news section of the wow website and the only dates mentioned are the 3rd-10th.

2 Likes

It looks like the event is indeed supposed to go until the 10th according to the news blog at least.

If there’s been some sort of bug that ended the event early for Classic, you’d want to post in the Classic Bug Report forum.

2 Likes

Classic children’s week starts on the 1st and ends on the 7th.

1 Like

Right if you dig dig there’s different days, which is what’s pissing me off.

Perhaps you should post in a forum where the Blizzard employees have some say in the issue? Schedule and announcement contents are the province of the developers, and developers don’t read the Customer Support forums. And no one in these forums forward complaints or suggestions to them.

Classic General Discussion would probably be good.

3 Likes

is that even a thing?

it’s been a while since i’ve played classic, but i thought the launcher was just the launcher.

the only childrens week thing i see is this:

is there a different one for classic?

1 Like

When you select the classic game in the launcher pull down menu, the news articles change to reflect classic. Can’t see anything for childrens week on the classic side, only the retail side.

There was a popup? or at least a news article about children’s week when my client was set to classic. This is my frustration.

Does Classic have the same details in the in-game calendar as retail, showing event start and ending times?

There’s no in-game calendar for classic unfortunately.

1 Like

Ah, thanks Perl.

2 Likes

This is beyond frustrating. I’ve been going back and forth with GMs about this. There’s no classic wow calendar, but there was also no (1) community post, (2) launcher flare, (3) website/wowhead announcement, (4) any indicator that the wow classic schedule was different than the retail one.

What i’ve dug from my ticket back and forth is that the Devs put children’s week in the same week at 2020 instead of using the 2021 dates.

Other holidays (i.e. Hallow’s End etc) follow the retail schedule. And if they don’t - why ? It only causes confusion and frustration to be added to the game

Submitted a bug, feedback, yada yada but the only response I’ve gotten in tickets and from the process is “try again next year.” It’s soooo frustrating to be a part of that process.

Actually, it took a while, but the classic site of Wowhead does state it ended on 5/7.

Not sure why it was different then retail, better luck next year though.

Hopefully no more tickets though, GM staff would not really be able to bypass the event anyway.

I thought that was what I also saw for 2021, which was wierd it gave me a link for 2020.

1 Like

Every action I’ve seen re: classic support is proving to me that wow classic game support (from instance caps instead of fixing botting to rushed naxx/TBC prepatch schedules) is an afterthought for activision blizzard. This just adds to that list.

I mean how easy would it have been to put a short community forum post or add a picture in the launcher?

I hope some of the TBC micro transaction money goes into supporting this game instead of treating it as a maintenance mode game or sub generator.

Customer support is the same across both versions of the game. They have no involvement in development, so would not have anything to do with the issues you mentioned.

Usually community has involvement in updating the websites, hopefully that will be better next year, or even the next event to be honest.

That’s fine - I should have made more clear my distinction between development and support.

I hope you (and others at blizzard) can understand the frustration as classic players when we get a holiday that comes and goes without us knowing or having an in game calendar combined with the 1.5 year history I mentioned above. And now we’re being presented with over $100 of microtransactions when there has clearly been a developmental resource disparity between the two.

The holiday in the grand scheme is minor but the lack of even acknowledging it on blizzard end is another symptom of feeling like we’re just another dollar sign.

Remember when the Christmas event just didn’t work at all? Very cool

Just to touch on this for clarity’s sake. Kozzae (and the other MVPs) are not Blizzard employees. They are players just like you and I.

More info about the MVP Program can be found here.