Cheating in game

Seeing a resto druid be able to instant cast a heal that takes almost 2 seconds to cast in a BG, he was able to move around at a rate I know for a fact is impossible for legitimate players. Really blizzard…Do you plan on doing anything about the cheaters?

If you want to keep on this road, you will kill off WoW. What a disgrace and a laughing stock you all have become.

1 Like

Blizzard doesnt take reports over the forums only way and proper way is to right click and report and leave out the wild speculation totaly irrelevant.

6 Likes

Right click and report if you suspect cheating. This logs a lot of information that Blizzard can review.

You will not be told the outcome.

4 Likes

If you believe someone is exploiting, Fatlazers, you’ll want to use the right click report option by right clicking on their character portrait and select: Report For: Cheating. That will gather relevant information and forward a report for investigation.

With that said, generally speaking spells and abilities are usually not able to be influenced in that manner. What often happens is the observer may not have a firm understanding of the class or specs abilities and what bonuses they may get through talents or other items.

For example, the majority of a Druid’s healing spells are instant cast. There are two that have a cast time, Regrowth and Wild Growth. However, there are two PvP talents that allow instant casts of some healing spells. Overgrowth, which instantly applies Lifebloom, Rejuvenation, Wild Growth, and Regrowth’s heal over time effect. There is also the passive Early Spring, which makes Wild Growth an instant cast.

The only disgrace would be making unfounded accusations without proper research, which we try not to do. So again, if you believe someone is exploiting, please be certain to use the proper means of reporting them. We’re not psychic, we don’t automatically feel when someone may have done something to violate policy.

23 Likes

Do you really know it for a fact? There are many talents/specs/etc in this game that can help a player in PvP. Have you truly research the resto druid cooldowns/talents/spec/azerite talents/PvP talents, and truly know FOR SURE that it is something that cannot legitimately be done?

Blizzard constantly fights against any kind of cheating in this game. You might recall that very recently, they nailed a lot of people who use a client-side modification. That mostly didn’t even affect gameplay.

They want reports by right-clicking the player, and selecting “Report for Cheating”. That sends a TON of information for them to investigate with. Much more reliable information than “I saw it, and it’s impossible”.

yawn This has been said since before the game had any expansions. I can’t even keep up with the latest “WoW killer”. Is it Aeon or Rift? Maybe Star Wars or Warhammer?

8 Likes

the more you know

1 Like

That is one of the stupidest statement you can make about anything. It is lame. It is overused. Every complaint made about WoW has included it, from the very beginning. It totally negates anything you might have to say. It just makes you look like a wimpy whiner.

Using a lame comment like “kill off WoW” makes you the laughing stock.

Right-click>report player for>cheating. Use that to report it. Don’t whine on the forum. It is the best, most efficient way to report cheating. It includes log files that are needed for any investigation. It will not result in a lightning-bolt and instant ban. Every report is investigated.

You will not be told if anything comes of your report. It is just between Blizzard and the other player.

9 Likes

Clearly, Star Citizen. snerk. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Just to be clear, this was on a toon that wasn’t above level 20. Not really impressed by the fact that you come back at me with telling me I don’t have a firm understanding of the class, I do and others in the BG were saying the same thing.

What the reported player was doing was clearly cheating, good to see you folks don’t care too much to fix your own game considering the Worgen starting area is bugged beyond all reasonable levels, and now to see my Warrior can’t even go to Stormheim because that is bugged.

But do go on with your infinite wisdom about how you folks do such an amazing job when there are bugs in a game your devs should be able to fix within a reasonable amount of time. Yet they do not.

Maybe it’s best to understand that most of you really don’t have a firm grasp on how to run a business and actually hire people that can fix things instead of the bottom of the barrel just to save a few copper.

It would seem you know very little about game development, bug fixing, or just how complex the game is behind the scenes.

However, if you think you can do better, do it! Build the next “wow killer” and make your millions!

5 Likes

I didn’t “come back at you”, Fatlazers. I stated some of the common confusion that occurs from time to time when observing what some people think might be exploitation/cheating. I didn’t state that is what you experienced, or that you wouldn’t know what you were referring to. I don’t know your experience, I can’t claim to, I can only provide information that could have applied here and something that might be taken into consideration in general. I’m sorry if you interpreted that as an attack.

Then obviously that didn’t apply to this situation and the advice stands, please use the right click report option to report for: Cheating. If you have screenshots or videos that can help demonstrate what you are seeing, you can submit those to hacks@blizzard.com. Note: They cannot be used as evidence, but it helps during the investigations.

While I can appreciate the frustration, Fatlazers, hyperbolic rhetoric is really unnecessary and doesn’t at all lend credence to your post. It was distracting in your first post and continues to be in this one. Since that seems to be what you wish to focus on, I think it prudent to lock this one up.

Again, if you see someone you suspect of cheating, please report it appropriately.

9 Likes