Charge Stun DR Bug Unintended!

Edit - Confirmed bug so if we can get some clarification please and thanks from a Blue. Finally found when Charge stun was changed to share DR’s!!!

Edit 2 Update- Currently on TBC PTR Charge is still putting Concussion blows and other player stuns on DR. This is really annoying, please fix! After you charge all other stuns should have their full duration. Charge is NOT on the DR table.

Source for DR changes
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Diminishing_returns

2nd source in patch 4.0.6 patch notes first thing listed in Warrior
https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_4.0.6

Patch 4.0.6 Ability Warrior Charge now shares diminishing returns with stun effects.

This is when Charge was changed for everyone but Prot Warbringer talent allowed for Charge to remain OFF the DR stun table!!

I remember charge has it’s own DR table. For some reason Charge stun currently DR’s other stuns doesn’t make much sense. Then that means any warrior that Charge will Dr the 5 sec stuns and everyone gets charged by a warrior.

This seems like current DR tables from Retail not Vanilla. Or am I missing something.

Currently this means any Charge will DR a HOJ, Rogue stun etc… Making their big stuns worthless. That isn’t right! I know we have all separate DR tables in Vanilla which is what made stuns so unforgiving and allowed class gameplay to function.

However this is a huge problem with control for PvE stopping mobs that get away or pull Aggro. It really minimizes peoples roles when charge can DR other CC then it causes a wipe.

If 2 warriors charge you that means your main stun is DRed. That isn’t right.

10 Likes

I say keep it, rogues warriors and mages should have to think about who they dump cc on and actually be coordinated. I mean, hunters freezing trap and scatter shot share drs and they aren’t even the same category of cc, i don’t see why other classes should have it easy either.

Because the game was designed that way!

I rather just have the correct gameplay. I don’t want to end up with a version of Retail where we have to leave again for a different version of the game.

This game is supposed to be correct above all else. We can’t streamline gameplay. Besides when a mob gets away and its now on DR and I can’t stun it maybe it will just eat you instead. Kinda defeats the purpose of the main Tank stun if I can’t actually control targets that Dps pull because it’s on a DR.

If I charge a target and I am tanking. Then another warrior charges and hits a huge crit pulls aggro. I can’t stun it and prevent the incoming damage to get aggro back because it’s on DR. It’s on a 45 sec CD too. Rather have it work.

Or how about a Pally who is kind enough to fill his role of healing and off tank control. The warriors charged in on a mob got CCed now the mob is running at a healer. The pally steps up and decides to Stun it buuuuuut… He can’t it’s on DR. Healer gets eaten since pally has no taunt.

This causes a lot of problems thanks…

5 Likes

Hoping we can get this fixed… Was in a group with a warrior and hunter. The benefit of me being a Tank is I can Stun a mob that gets aggro. So when the mob goes to dart at my hunter the Stun in now on DR.

This makes tanking pretty rough when you Concussion blow doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Wait… so you are saying, DR’s are affected by other people around you?

Yes I am saying that Warrior charge is DR other stuns. Which is no good since every warrior charges to get rage and as a gap closer but it’s putting main stuns on DR making them not effective.

Even right now I have stopped using charge because it’s putting stuff on DR. Not sure what else to do? It’s pretty annoying though. I’ll see a warrior charge something and I know I can’t stun it now and waste a CD. Really not sure why this 1 second charge stun is DR main stuns. It’s brutal. I know in Retail it works that way but this isn’t Retail. That is why in there they removed charge stun eventually they went back and forth with what to do.

Charge should be on it’s own DR table. At no point in time should it be DRing other stuns. One of the reasons I enjoy Classic was the old design but think they messed something up with the Legion client that Classic is built on.

4 Likes

After further testing with other classes had a Bear druid let me charge the target. He used Bashed but it was on DR from charge. This isn’t intended. This means Charge will full DR all other stuns making CC worthless. Nah… This is a bug from being on the Retail client.

6 Likes

Charge, Intercept, Cheap Shot and Bash are on the controlled stun DR table, they share DRs. There’s also a separate random stun table.

Only stun that has its own DR type is Kidney Shot. Always has been this way.

It definitely has not always been this way as over the coarse of charge stun it has had separate DR tables at many times. There was times where when they came out with Warbringer talent for charge stun it was used because it didn’t have a DR so it functioned as a great interrupt if a target was on Stun DR from regular stuns.

Now as far as how it was originally in Vanilla. No I don’t believe Charge was ever on the same DR. Originally it was designed as a gap closer not something to Ruin your teams CC. In Retail it was changed because it was being abused in Arena and I can understand that. However to say it never functioned that way is incorrect. I used to play Man Cleave and would use Charge stun after DRs with the other warrior. It was obnoxious and why it was changed but at the time it was a .05 sec stun.

So I can’t believe that it was this way and then they changed DR stun tables latter in expansions then removed it again. It was always a gap closer not a stun DR issue. Not being able to CC and stun a warriors target doesn’t make sense and it can’t have worked that way.

3 Likes

After some reading and research for something else. I discovered that charge stun was changed in Patch 5.2.0 Warbringer now reduces the target’s movement by 50% for 15 seconds (8 seconds in PvP), in addition to its other effects. The 3-second stun/knockdown is now in the diminishing returns category for stuns (same as Shockwave and Storm Bolt), and not the proc stun diminishing returns category.

It used to be in the proc stun diminishing returns until it was changed because of complaints in Arena PvP.

3 Likes

Now I was reading deeper into the patches and it happened even before that we finally see the change to all warriors without warbringer

The source of the info
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Diminishing_returns

3 Likes

Lets keep this bumped for an immediate fix so warriors can actually charge their targets and not DR mess up group play. This is super annoying!

3 Likes

Nice one blizz… You better fix this before phase 2

Probably also makes Mace Spec completely useless

2 Likes

Well it’s making just general game play useless. Warriors have to charge to Gap close and get initial rage. If a warrior charges though it gimps him and his team tremendously. It locks you out of any stun CC which is why it never worked this way.

Not being able to charge to get rage or get on the target because you want to CC it is maddening in the Old game where it’s needed. I understand why they latter changed it because you had so much other mobility and they eventually removed stun from Charge so there wasn’t conflicting issues with Gap closing DR stuns.

Definitely need a fix and this is just the beginning of Warrior bugs.

2 Likes

Where were you warriors when they made Scatter dr Trap?

Don’t understand your question? Is Scatter supposed to DR trap?

The DR tables and much of the class functionality is wrong it seems for a lot of classes. They need to fix these bugs so that the class gameplay is correct!

Beta should of been longer.

3 Likes

It would of been nice if it was longer and people who main these classes test them to report all these bugs. They really should of invited so many more people to Beta. Now all of Phase 1 is a giant Beta test.

1 Like

Unfortunately yes and I really really really hope they can fix this bug sooner than latter. Guess I will put in another bug report then another and then another. Come on guys, Charge can’t DR stuns that is so broken. Walking up to mobs instead of charging them isn’t fun.

1 Like

So no fix yet or even any attention to this? Bad time to be a warrior specifically a Prot warrior. You want more tanks? Haha nope so many bugs with them. Play another game until Phase 2 perhaps? Just really want to see some more fixes and get the massive amount of gamebreaking bugs under control!!

1 Like

Yes it isn’t looking good at all! I made a Priest since they are bugged in their favor and completely OP. Sorry hard to main a warrior when it’s not working correct mechanically. Just hope they can fix it soon because I do want to main a warrior but won’t be doing it when as it is.

1 Like