Character's Item Level Seems Wrong

My character’s item level used to be much higher but after equipping an upgrade from a raid (don’t remember what item it was) my item level dropped significantly to the point I can’t queue for a raid I could do before. After checking my armor all but one of my pieces is above my current item level and the one that isn’t is only 3 below my current item level so I’m wondering why my item level is so low. Not sure if this is just some misunderstanding of how item-level works on my part or if it’s a bug in the game but any help would be appreciated.

You equipped a wand without an off-hand. Most likely you had a staff in that slot before (which accounted for both weapon & off-hand slots as it is a 2-handed weapon). 1-handed weapons (such as daggers, swords, maces, fist weapons, axes, wands, etc.) all need an off-hand to complement them.

5 Likes

Is there a way I can get an off hand easier then just spam running raids/dungeons/world quests. Cause I already got rid of the staff.

You could check your auction house to see if one happens to be available. You could also recover the staff via the Item Restoration service.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/restoration

4 Likes

Thank you, I was able to recover the staff.

5 Likes

You’re welcome.

If you would also like to work towards acquiring an off-hand, here is a Wowhead listing of the currently available ones for lvl 120 Horde Priests.

5 Likes

You should be able to buy a 340 offhand from the auction house from a scribe.

Sinister Combatant’s Etched Vessel

Is probably your best bet, until something higher drops. Its currently the highest ilvl bind on equip.

7 Likes

This is a pickle when you get a new item for the main-hand without an offhand of equal ilevel it can shift you down-wards. Or you hang on to it until you get an item for that slot. While leveling I had to keep things in my bank that I wanted to hold on to or I would of ended up salvaging it.