Characters Invisible in Portraits and Armory

Some players seem to have become invisible in their character portraits and in the Armory.

1 Like

This seems to be moving around, but just to show two examples:

EDIT: And one of the two reappeared.

pls fix me blizz

This happened to me, not sure if it’s related but it happened when I visited the forums while I was in BfD fighting Jaina and transformed into a horde character.

waves hand in front of face

You can’t see me!

Yep same problem here

I have not transferred or race changed, but I noticed that this character’s portrait is completely covered by her sword, and I cannot see her face at all. I have seen other Gnomes with the same problem.

Glad I’m not the only one with the issue!

Same for my main as well.

Same here as well. I am now a splodge here on the forums and invisible in the armory. It’s only this character - all my others still remain visible in the “change character” box and on the armory.

Same here , main is invisible in armory.

Three days of this existential crisis.

“I think therefore I am…”

Nope I still don’t exist

Come on Blizzard, it’s been like 5 days. Please fix the missing portraits.

Still a red splodge here.

Looks like most of you got fixed, but maybe they prefer me as a splodge.

Unfortunately, I’m still a blob, too. I tried logging out and in twice to no avail. All of my characters except this one are fine.

Still invisible. It’s really hurting my street cred in the xmog forum!

The fix for the forum avatar:
log out of the forum
log out of wow
VOILA! fixed

My armory page self corrected after the Tues maintenance last week.

Hope this works for y’all

2 Likes

My portrait has been missing for a few days.

Update: Fixed. See below. It probably had something to do with transmog as Moonphyre pointed out, but my fix was to undo some stored transmog changes and then completely remove an item, then refresh web, then log back in.

1 Like

I tried that but it didn’t work.

However, it looks like it does have something to do with transmog so +1 and thanks for Moonphyre.

I visited the transmogrifier and saw some pending changes - 325 gold worth! I clicked undo changes. The changes were undone. I stepped away from transmogrifier and logged out. I checked forum - portrait still invisible. I logged in and went back to transmogrifier - those changes for 325 had returned!!! I clicked undo and then clicked my headgear. I changed it to no headgear. I changed my lack of headgear to my preferred headgear. I logged out and checked the forum portrait- portrait still missing.

EDIT - FIXED! Here’s how:
I logged in again and completely removed my headgear rather than mess with the transmogrifier. Refreshed my browser. VOILA.

EDIT - Logged in. Put my headgear back on, logged out, refreshed browser, SUCCESS. Logged in.

Update: I think I know what caused this! Last week I was in the middle of visiting the transmogrifier and I got disconnected. That might have triggered the problem.

2 Likes

Success here with that as well! Well spotted!!