Characters and their writing

No we didn’t. Don’t tell me we were expecting Vol’jin to die when he first became Warchief.

cough Kargath and Gorefiend cough

3 Likes

I tend to think Delaryn’s main problem is that Blizzard didn’t dare to go for Shandris.

Meanwhile, Delaryn was just a mauve shirt barely introduced as of the War itself.

1 Like

Kargath definitely got sacrificed for loot.

Teron Gorefiend doesn’t give me much reason to believe he wasn’t old demon horde all the way. Heck him siding with Illidan and not the Legion is actually an interesting character development for him, since otherwise he’s been just Gul’dan’s lieutenant.

2 Likes

And this is why I feel her death was such a waste. You quest with this Night Elf character throughout the War of Thorns and yet, she felt like a throwaway character. Such a character should never be treated in such a fashion, in my opinion.

I’m sure some people felt something, but I certainly didn’t. I just thought of a character I should have included in my first post - Zelling.

You don’t do many quests with him, but in the beginning you’re treated to him and his family rejecting him because he chose undeath. All because he wanted to take care of them. So, you feel something when he gets rejected. When he died many here and myself felt something because he was a good character.

With Delaryn, it was ‘Oh, hi there. Horde is here. We need to stop them!’ and then that’s all you’re really doing. Going from one place to another and never really connecting with her. At least, I didn’t get that feeling.

1 Like

Not even after varian died (im ally i saw that cinematic first) i expected vol jin to die. not even for parity we had golden boy to step in after he died.

imagine my surprise when i saw the horde cinematic, my first thought was :how the frick can they waste vol jin like this???, and indeed what a waste this last 2 years were.

4 Likes

Answer is simple.
They. Don’t. Care. About. The. Writing.

3 Likes