Character Transfers Update -- May 1

I already placed my refund for my own character transfer that I did legit 2 days prior to leave Skyfury to Whitemane. Crazy how they withheld doing this for WAY too long.

2 Likes

That was changed in wotlk iirc

1 Like

Hi can ally on skyfury get a legitimate server xfer option?

5 Likes

Being Alliance stuck on Skyfury with free xfers to Horde dominated servers makes me feel like Blizz is kindly asking me to unsub >:(

7 Likes

0/10. Where is alliance supposed to go?? We hop from dying server to dying server & repeat the same process every few months. It’s really like ya’ll do everything in your power to make sure no one has a good time around here. SMH MY HEAD.

6 Likes

Can skyfury at least get a decent option for alliance transfer ?

Skyfury is a West PVP server and for alliance player all the options are horde servers. I lived both Angerforge and Skyfury dying surprisingly quicker than I thought it would die and now the only ok server to go would be Eranikus which is another slowly dying server.

There’s only 1 real option here and it’s Grobbulus, so either open xfer to Grobbulus or merge Skyfury/Angerforge to Grobbulus cause sadly the last option left for all the alliance player on Skyfury would be to unsub at this point.

Sulfuras is 98% horde, Whitemane is 100% horde and Eranikus is 80% horde with the alliance side dying slowly. I don’t know which person took that decision, but that person was clearly not in the right mind for both faction cause only the horde faction can actually transfer to a populated server while the alliance side is just going to get destroyed on Eranikus IF we decide to transfer.

Tldr; Merge Skyfury to Grobbulus and stop being so stupid, read your own server stats at least before making a decision like that.

9 Likes

So now, if you want to transfer some of your trapped characters to Sulfuras from other realms, you have to transfer to one of these dead fresh start realms for $25 just so you can actually free transfer to Sulfuras instead of just unlocking Sulfuras. Bravo Blizzard.

3 Likes

They literally don’t play their own game… They have no idea what they’re doing

3 Likes

They want you to buy a faction change bud

4 Likes

This is so upsetting it passes over almost into comedy at this point. One had to wonder: who is making these decisions? How? Why?

Are you guys looking at server trends and data when you make these decisions? This doesn’t make any sense.

I run an Alliance guild that started on Angerforge, which died thanks to Blizzard’s inaction, and now the same is happening to Skyfury. Only, at least at the time, free transfers to Skyfury from Angerforge made sense.

What you have done here does not make sense, so we can only assume it is a mistake or there is another phase of transfers opening soon for alliance.

Holding a guild together on a server with no active population - especially a PvP server - is excruciating. Why would yall willingly risk losing hundreds of subs for no reason, when all you have to do is open transfers to a well populated PvP server for both factions?

This is absolutely baffling. Here’s to hoping it is an oversight and there is more to come very soon!

5 Likes

So, is the goal here that I transfer to a Horde dominated realm and pay for a faction transfer? What’s the deal, no options for an Alliance favored server?

4 Likes

umm… i just wanna ask, is now yojamba free realm xfer are closed? i can’t see any selection realm, i got trapped in yojamba :cry:

4 Likes

I asked Chat GPT to help me with this Dilemma, in the voice of a WoW streamer, and this is what they had to say:

"Hey, what’s up guys? So, I heard that the Skyfury server on Wrath of the Lich King Classic is on the decline. Blizzard just opened up some free transfers, but they’re only to horde-dominated realms which would totally suck for any alliance players.

The best option they gave us is Eranikus, but even that’s not great. So, here’s the dilemma: should we take the leap and transfer to Eranikus and hope for a better paid transfer option in the future? Or should we hold out and hope that Blizzard drops some more free transfer options that work better for us?

Honestly, Blizzard is pretty unpredictable when it comes to these things. They usually offer free transfers to balance out server populations, but there’s no telling when they’ll offer another round of free transfers or if they’ll be better suited for us.

If I were in your shoes, I’d weigh the pros and cons of each option. If you’re really struggling to find a good destination server, transferring to Eranikus might be worth a shot. But, keep in mind that paid transfers can be pricey and there’s no guarantee that you’ll have a better experience if the new server isn’t active or into the same content as your guild.

My advice would be to reach out to other players or guilds on Skyfury to see what they’re planning to do. You can also hit up Blizzard customer support for more guidance. At the end of the day, it’s important to gather as much info as possible before making a decision.

Hope that helps, and good luck out there!"

5 Likes

Another horrendous transfer list with no faction restrictions on it either. Blizzard has either learned nothing from all the prior mismanagement of realms or just likes spraying fuel onto the fire they allowed to occur in the first place.

5 Likes

Are you looking for an active world pvp realm? Here on Eranikus, we have a strong sense of community and we world pvp everyday. Our guild name is BIGPPVP on Alliance and we have several rivalries with Horde guilds and players. We run 80 man For the Alliance achievement runs throughout the week. We don’t only kill the bosses, we take over the whole city and disrespect the Horde to the max. We have a healthy realm that plays the game just like it used to be played, for FUN! When we aren’t doing For the Alliance, we’re taking over Orgrimmar or picking massive fights in Hillsbrad! For those that miss old school pvp, we’d love to have you join us!

2 Likes

Remulos Horde still needs some sort of help.

3 Likes

This TBH. I recently created an alliance toon on Eranikus where this character is currently stationed… and i honestly thought the horde population basis was a struggle to get content completed with until I reached max level on my Alliance toon. Now i can see getting content done via horde can be tough, but completing content as Alliance here is the true definition of struggle. So much so that i was already evaluating alternative destinations for any transfer to a pvp alliance realm prior to these free transfers only to conclude there is absolutely no where to go considering benediction is locked.

The joke here is all the alliance players on realms that are apparently on servers less populated then eranikus have been givin this server as their best destination… Meanwhile i need to spend at least 30 min to an hour trying to find a dungeon group on this server as a pug alliance faction not even mentioning the dumb luck and massive time required to even stumble across a capable raid group. I hate to agree with a lot of what im reading here but the way the population and server balance is being orchestrated make whoever’s heading this seem absolutely clueless. I find it offensive you have players who need to commit hours of searching for the capability of doing even basic content ultimately because you have not provided a good alternative nor have enough forethought to recognize people dont want to constantly be spending hours trying to simply play the game. Every time i look at these forums i see players addressing these issues and i dont feel sensible measures are being taken to address concerns… Like how do you have a server locked that has less population then an open one? I’m sorry to say but it feels like blizzard is running a clown show and i can only really say this feels like very high levels of incompetence. How can anyone really expect anything but the slow gradual death of every server when this is how its being managed? I already came over here from earthfury which was the same story previous. If you really are looking to create an additional alliance populated server wouldnt it only be common sense to ensure the there’s only one realm to choose for free as to encourage a bulk of players to move there? Or at least create an incentive for a server transfer? Im really pondering how/who makes these decisions. You are no doubt losing lots of player base for poor choices and forethought. If i continue to struggle to be able to play the game just due to lack of population and have no suitable viable options otherwise, i wont be too far behind them.

4 Likes

Thank you very much!

My friends and I are now able to make groups, and participate in raids again.

1 Like

Can skyfury at least get a decent option for alliance transfer ?

7 Likes

Please do not let people transfer to, and then ruin, Grobbulus. Keep it locked. We have a good population.

1 Like