Character services (realm transfer, namechange, etc)

Has there been any talk of following;

Paid realm transfer
Paid name change
Paid faction change

Please post responses with evidence if possible.

if it is anything like vanilla wow (which is what blizzard has promised), we would have the paid server transfers with long cool-downs

source

Do you have a timeframe for when?

the only timeframe is the one given. when more people are max level. i’d guess phase 2 or 3.

1 Like

When they allow paid transfers, they have to be selective about where they let people go. Full/High realms need to be off-limits.

It’s honestly going to be a crap shoot idk what is going to be good or bad about either way you do it.

For example, I’m fine now but when transfers come up I’m 100% transferring off of my full server to a medium pop… BUT the server I’m on is like 70% horde no exaggeration. So these xfers might REALLY kill the ally on my server. Idk what they can really do about it but the faction imbalance is overwhelming on stalagg

They could allow free transfers for horde only. But they won’t because that makes too much sense.

The answer at the moment is “Maybe”

Character transfers may be a thing as that is a service released in Vanilla, but other services we may not have available

There has been no hard yes or no answers

I hope they release regular transfers soon. I think a lot of people are currently unhappy with their realm for a variety of reasons, but don’t want to be pigeonholed into one destination realm.

I can see reasons for not having the other services but what exactly is the harm in having the character name change service? I guess people who have bad reputations on a server just changing their name?

Faction imbalance is a player-created problem unfortunately and unless a hard NO is enforced on Stalagg, a split like that will only get worse. Alliance players will bail because they’re sick of being outnumbered and Horde players will swarm because they would prefer to play being the dominant faction.

One’s name being dirt is an appropriate social consequence to being a jerk in-game. Being able to quickly run away from it so one can continue being a jerk goes against that.

Logically, Blizz will wait until they feel server pops are stable enough.

My guess is character services will certainly be in Classic in Q4. $$$ is why.

As much as server transfers would help friends reconnect they would be detrimental to the game with it being Classic. This allows players to level on low populated servers then transfer when they are max level skipping queues which build upon the communities that each server creates. It also allows ninja looting raids then simply server transfer to where nobody knows you. The same for name changes where you can simply namechange after ninja looting. Not having these services makes you think about server selection and name selection alot more and in turn creates a bigger connection between you and your character.

Paid transfers were already in the game in retail vanilla and there’s also ways to change your name and server already in the game, so I feel like that point is sort of moot

Why would horde want to xfer off? They have a massive population with no competition. They need to put faction specific ques on the server but that would NEVER happen. And yeah I get it, it would piss the horde off. And I’m not asking for a perfect 50/50 split but Jesus Christ wherever I go if I see a single alliance member I feel out of place.

Yup. And I can guarantee if the server doesn’t break from imbalance before xfers, it for sure is after them. At least for me it will. I almost took the free xfer off but I think blizzard really messed up with only allowing the xfer on a brand new server… they should have allowed the xfer on an existing low/med pop server