Character Migration ---> Paid Transfer

Hello,

If I were to take a free migration off Benediction just so I am able to play, but I want to pay for a transfer to a different server, would I be able to or would I be locked down?

1. Transfer from Benediction to Eranikus because theres no paid transfer option available without being in the character window
  2. Once on the new server with no queue, pay for character transfer to my desired realm destination

Is this feasible?

Thank you

Pretty sure Eranikus was locked recently or something so it likely has queues as well. If you can create a new toon on it you should be able to transfer to it but if you can not create new toons on it it will not be an available server to transfer to. That being said if you take the free character transfer dont forget there is also a lockout time between character services, so you can pay to transfer but it would be when that lockout expires.

Edit - looking at it on my lists atm (itd be offpeak US times, theres no queue but its also listed as full so id be expected some queues at least in the beginning.

so there is a lockout time on the free transfer then? i thought there was no lockout, thanks for confirming

FCTs don’t actually impose transfer cooldowns, and can even bypass the paid transfer cooldown.

2 Likes

ahh I thought the free transfers were still giving people like a 3-4 day lockout or something, or was that a bug?

The article was updated two weeks ago, so if it’s after that I’d assume a bug.

It was when they started doing the realm consolidation thing (when I last looked at it) so might have just been that system doing screwy things at the time)

Thats good news then mr/mrs OP. You can transfer away!

thank you all, i would really like for support to confirm. this entire server queue crap and just trying to play with my friends has been a complete and total catastrophe.

They left for the day roughly 90 minutes ago but should be back in about 11 hours.

Per the Wrath Classic transfer eligibility Support article, certain realms are locked from accepting paid transfers.

Realms currently accepting paid transfers are:
US East

• Ashkandi
  • Bloodsail Buccaneers
  • Earthfury
  • Eranikus
  • Maladath
  • Westfall
  • Windseeker

US West

• Atiesh
  • Azuresong
  • Myzrael
  • Old Blanchy

Oceanic

• Arugal
  • Remulos
  • Yojamba

As long as your desired destination is in that list, you should be good.

4 Likes

hopefully, im very scared to take the free one, then get screwed not being able to do a paid transfer, can someone in @support confirm please?

The CS forum isn’t staffed around the clock, and our support forum agents went home a couple hours ago.

3 Likes

Maladath is not on the realm list for transfer in the shop. been wanting to move my warrior there from Grob to play with the guys i played classic with.

As was explained in your own post - Maladath is considered a fresh start server currently and the support article is incorrect. Paid transfers are not going to be allowed for at least 90 days unless they change their minds. The people who determine that are the Devs. No Devs ever come to the CS forum. So posting in multiple threads here because you don’t like the answer given will not change anything, I’m afraid to say.

Now, if you want your voice heard, you can post to the Wrath GD forum or through the in-game suggestions and feedback interface.

2 Likes

People like you are the reason I don’t post on these forms and mostly why I stay away from people in general. I was simply stating that Maladath is not on the shop paid server list. Blizzard should atleast fix their mistakes. They’ve made quite a few since early TBC.

What mistake? Paid transfers won’t be available for at least 90 days from the realm opening so why would it need to be on the paid transfer list until it is actually open for paid transfers?

1 Like

I’m referring to the mistake of it being on the list that says you can paid transfer to it.

Your post didn’t read like you were advocating for the article to be corrected, instead it seemed as though you were trying to push obstinately for something not intended.

Still, the article cannot be corrected by the SFAs on this particular forum, and they’re the only staff that comes here. To bring awareness to the incorrect article, there is the line at the bottom of it to the tune of “was this article helpful?” If you select no, it will then give you some options as to why it wasn’t. While none of the options are simply stating the article is wrong, it still sends up a flag for the article to be reviewed. Or you could chime in on the main Dev thread there stickied on the WotLKC GD forum.

1 Like

this is the deets from the transfer requirements

Character and Account Restrictions

• For a minimum of 90 days, possibly longer, Fresh Start realms will not be available destinations for character transfers
  • You cannot transfer a Death Knight to a realm that already has a Death Knight
  • You can transfer a character only once every 90 days
  • You cannot transfer a character boosted in the past 72 hours
  • You cannot transfer a character that isn’t at least level 10
  • You cannot transfer a character with active auctions on the Auction House
  • You cannot transfer a character with mail in the mailbox
  • You cannot transfer a character that is the captain of an arena team
  • You cannot transfer a character to another World of Warcraft account
  • You cannot transfer a character that exceeds the gold limit for its level

So as a fresh start realm you wont have access to tf for 90 days

I can see where its on the list, id imagine someone just misclicked a box, yes its annoying but they are not likely to create exceptions for it

2 Likes