Character Customization - We want more!

This goes for some accessories and even facial hair for helms too! It would be great to have a second pass on some of these things, or simply add an option to allow us to let it clip through it if it’s not too obnoxious.

I also had a chat with a friend, who brought up some new lines of customisation I thought would be neat to mention; voices, gender and age. Voice packs or voice modifiers are a staple in many RPGs already, even just adding a couple of alternate lines would be great. On gender, there was some speculation a while back on wowhead that some datamined lines of code suggested that players would be able to select their preferred gender that the NPCs would addres you with - and I think that would be a great feature. Age is already somewhat customisable with a few face types and hair colours, but not by an awful lot.

Oh, and I was also asked to ask for more colours for everyone, particularly hair colours. If we can dye our hair, why can’t our hair be literally any colour? And how about adding secondary and perhaps even tertiary colours to hair?

21 Likes

I think this is great, but at the same time, I feel it could be hard with the engine WoW is run on, and with the massive size differences (Aka bigger tauren or kul tirans) But it could definitely be something to look at more. More character customization, is as you said, something we never get tired of.

I think it does count, if not giving goblin as many face options, then give them more that weighs up. And it should not be that hard to make more than 6 different faces for each race. At least set the base to around 10-15. Same with skintone, I notice this with Lightforged Draenei, though the tones might not look too different, it does actually make a huge difference how blue and yellow-ish the colour is. This also goes for Goblin, as you can only strictly choose between something around the spectrum of green.

Another big thing is hairstyles, we want more hairstyles; braids, accessories, hair dyes, hair equipment. The addition of headdresses for certain races is something I really love, and use on quite a few of my characters, but I would love for even more! There is no limit to how much we want.

Unlocking these different options, is something we saw in Battle For Azeroth with the Night Warrior option being enabled for Night Elves, by completeing a quest. This also goes with druids; you can find and learn forms that you teach across all your characters and this is something I feel you could do with customization options as well (Also cosmetic items and transmogs, but that is an entirely different post)

THIS Is something I wish I was more vocal about in the original forum, but here I am. Hats making your entire hairstyle disappear is something that is dreadful and all in all really annoying. As well as hair clipping through armor; aka Venthyr Transmogs. It is really annoying wearing certain hats and suddenly your long haired character stuffs all their hair into the hat. It messes with the immersion as well as it prevents some from even equipping such things. WE have seen headpieces being added that now does not remove the hair, which is great, but also means we just want more of it. We want our characters to be as diverse and correct to what we picture them as, as possible!

17 Likes

As long as there’s enough options to create enough variety. Goblins are actually a good example of a race that will probably have less face options than other races, because they can also customise their noses and ears, something other races can’t do. (Maybe everyone should get to do that, though!)

Wowhead’s old article on customisations (https://www.wowhead.com/news/comparison-of-unique-customization-combinations-for-all-races-orc-male-and-night-318794) go into good detail on the differences between races, and how many unique combinations you can make with them; the number one thing that stands out is that every single additional layer of customisation creates a lot more diversity than simply one new option. I think it’s important more races get more layers (what I referred to as vectors) of customisation to balance things out.

17 Likes

I’m glad we all know the woes of hats hiding our hair.

As for my wishes for customization, I would really like Forsaken to get some TLC. Yes, I’m biased. While their silhouette is iconic, I always find myself wishing my undead could hold themselves up a little more properly.

In that same vein, having variety in body types- across lots of different races- would make me so happy. Though I’m sure that might take more work, hence why MMOs with preset races never do it.

13 Likes

Id die if they added more customization for PvP aspect of doing things instead of just a flag that looks meaner every honor level

10 Likes

First and foremost I would like to see every single option not limited by any body type or towards any specific model. This means all makeup, jewelry, hairstyles, beards, etc. Absolutely nothing should be off-limits. The absolute euphoria I’ve seen from people who have experienced what can be done with less limited and less locked creators in other MMORPGs/RPGs is always amazing to see and WoW would benefit massively from such an addition.

On the topic of being allowed to choose your pronouns outside of your body choice, that would be a fantastic thing for many players. And I’d like them to add more than just they/them to the roster of pronouns. For example, there are a number of popular neopronouns such as fae/faer, ze/zir, or xe/xem that could also easily be included and should be included.

If possible, I’d also like to see people be able to pick multiple pronoun options and the game would choose between the ones you have chosen.

I fully endorse having more varied and different body types and feel that having body sliders would also be a benefit but would come secondary to just having more body types in-game to begin with.

As far as specific customizations are concerned that haven’t been mentioned, we should get a wide variety of prosthetic limb options for the races in Azeroth. This would be great on a customization front but more importantly, provide a more accurate representation for a number of players who enjoy the game.

10 Likes

Blood Elfs should be able to use the Void elf hairstyles - minus the cool glow effects.

18 Likes

Posting here as per Dynja’s request, I did not see this thread when I made the one I posted. (Just Copy/Pasting Mine)

To preface, I had help compiling this thread, as I didn’t want to leave anyone out. If we somehow forgot a popular request, feel free to let me know and I can add it. Also, if any artists have an issue with me reposting their concept art here, just let me know, you can link this thread to ping me in General Discussion. Same with if you know who it came from, I can add credit. :slight_smile: (I can also remove the images if the artist doesnt want it up)

Anyway, customization was one of the main selling points of Shadowlands, and when we were told there would be no more added, it was a massive letdown and had tons of threads about it. Then you announced in 9.1.5 that 3 allied races were being updated, which was great.

So please don’t let the customization options stop, they’re arguably the one thing most players agree on being a good thing being added. Here’s a list of the customization options players have been asking for, summed up.

Pandaren:

• Jewelry: Jade. Large Wooden Beads. Celestial-Focused Jewelry (Black Ox, White Tiger, Green Dragon, Red Crane). Koi Fish. Turtles. Pawprints.
  • More Face Options (Female have a perpetual :3 face with no way to opt out)
  • Scars
  • Blind Eye Options
  • Longer Beards for Males
  • Eyebrow Customization
  • More Hairstyles (with Headbands and such)
  • Ability to remove the “Naked” Sandals
  • Faction-Based Jewelry, Tattoos, etc. to help create some Faction Pride for Pandaren
  • Tail Options for Male Pandaren

Draenei:

• More Eye Colors (E.G. Green, Purple)
  • More Horn Options
  • More Face Options
  • Red/Dark Purple Skin Option
  • Scars
  • Tattoos (Red, Green, Black, etc.)

Note: The Skin and Tattoo options will help facilitate the Man’ari fantasy. Lore-wise, it’d be rather easy for them to explain that some Man’ari sought forgiveness from Velen after Sargeras’s defeat. Yes, they committed horrible atrocities, but so did the Death Knights. This will also give a choice that isn’t the bland white/blue skin tones Draenei currently have.

Concept Art (as a Horde Allied Race, but still works here) by Rurukatt:

Trolls and Zandalari Trolls:

• Beards
  • Scars
  • More Jewelry, inspired by the Zandalari NPCs like Priestess Alun’za
  • More Eye Colors
  • More Tusk Customization
  • Forest and Ice Troll Skin Options

Beard Mockup by RamavataramaArt, Unsure about Tattoo/Tusk/etc. Mockup Artist:

Worgen:

• Tails (Arguably the most requested feature of any race on the forums)
  • Mane Colors
  • Hair Accessories (Hat, Roses, etc.)
  • Night Elf “Two Forms” Option.
  • More Face Options
  • Scars

Orcs and Mag’Har Orcs:

• Blackrock, Dragonmaw and Fel Orc Skin Options.
  • Dragonmaw Tattoos.
  • Bleeding Hollow Eye options.
  • Shattered Hand Stump.
  • Eyebrow Options.

Goblins:

• New Hairstyles
  • Younger Faces
  • More Jewelry
  • Tattoos
  • Gilgoblin Skin/Hair Options

Face Concept Art by Faebelina, Hairstyle/etc. by Ray of the Sun.

Vulpera:

• Actual Hair/Hairstyles
  • More Fur Colors
  • More Ear Shapes
  • More Mouth Shapes
  • Scars
  • Different Fur Types (Shaggy, Fluffy, etc.)
  • More Eye Colors, Maybe Heterochromatic Options (Like Most Core Races Received)
  • More Varied Patterns
  • More Jewelry Options

Lightforged Draenei

• Darker Skin Tone Options

Note: It’s understood Lightforged are supposed to have light skin, however, Lightforged Death Knights exist, so having a Darker Skin Tone for them would be nice, and having it available in general would be great. Onyx Skin Mockup by Somand.

Mechagnomes

• More Metallic Color Options (Saronite, Fel Iron, etc.)
  • Mismatched Limb Colors/Types
  • More Hand Options (Thicker, Thinner, Tesla Coil, Buzz Saw, Cannon, etc.)
  • Titanic Mechagnome Options for Head/Appendages
  • The Ability to be 100% Robotic
  • Non-Bipedal Legs (Mechaspider, etc.)
  • Borg-Like Mecha-Implants (Mecha Parts on Cheek, Eyebrows, etc.)
  • More Eye Customization (Different Colors, One Mecha, One Bio, Flashlights, etc.)
  • Separate Ear, Chin, and Eye Modifications so they can be Mix/Matched
  • Mecha-Mouth Option
  • More Varied Hair Colors (Brighter, similar to Gnomes)
  • More Hair Styles
  • Cybernetic Hair (LED Lights, etc.)
  • Scars (Grease/Burn Marks, Damaged Limbs, etc.)
  • Tattoos

All images from The Mechagnome Megathread linked at the bottom.

Forsaken

• Upright Posture Option
  • “Stitched” Skin Option
  • Facial Hair

Humans

• Tattoos
  • Asymmetrical Earrings
  • Remove Some Faces Being Locked Behind Skin Color

Night Elves

• Jewelry Option For Males
  • More Headdresses
  • More Varied Markings
  • More Earrings
  • “Neutral” Faces for Males
  • Fix “Disappearing Eyebrows” with Certain Helms, like the Halloween Hats

Zandalari Trolls

• More Hair Styles/Colors
  • New Eye Colors
  • More Tattoos

Kul Tiran

• Tattoos (Sailor/Shipfarer Tattoos)
  • More Beard Options

Mag’har Orcs

• More Hairstyles
  • More Eye Colors

Dark Iron Dwarf

• More Hair Styles/Colors
  • More Eye Colors
  • More Tattoos
  • Jewelry

Tauren

• Grimtotem Skin Options
  • Other Tribe (such as Grimtotem) Face Paint Options
  • More headdresses

Nightborne

• Better Shaped Eyelashes
  • Fix the Mis-Aligned Hairstyles (Explanations in this thread.)
  • More Headdress Styles
  • Better Placement for Hair Decorations on some Hairstyles
  • Higher Definition Jewelry that fits the Nightborne Theme, not Night Elf Like Current.
  • “Neutral” Faces for Males
  • Fix “Disappearing Eyebrows” with Certain Helms, like the Halloween Hats
  • Fix the Chin Decorations and Heritage Armor Chestpiece Confliction
  • Better Luminous Hands Animation
  • More Visible Tattoos
  • Fix the Choppy Edges on Tattoos

Blood elves:

• Scars
  • Farstrider Tattoos (Various Colors)
  • Farstrider Feathers
  • Rune “Tattoos”, Similar to those seen in the BC Art
  • Amber, Orange, Black, and Red Eyes Option (the latter two for Dark Ranger/Darkfallen Fantasy (Including Optional Around-the-Eye Markings)
  • Heterochromia Eye Options
  • More Blind Eye Options
  • Eyebrow Size Options
  • Darkfallen Skin Tone Options
  • San’layn Bat-Style Ear Options
  • Fangs and Claws for Darkfallen Fantasy
  • Phoenix/Light based Tattoos
  • Golden Hair Highlights for a more Light Based Paladin Theme
  • Phoenix-style weapons
  • Male Jewelry & Jewelry Removed from Original Update
  • An Updated Paladin Mount, either a Hawkstrider, to show their growth on their own, or an updated Courser.

Note: Most San’layn desiring players want them as an Allied Race. However, if you don’t plan to add them as one, I imagine (I can’t speak for them) they’d rather customization than not at all. (I highly recommend reading the Megathread: San’layn/vampyr elf Customization (and Allied Race idea) Coagulated Megathread {Re-VAMPed} - It’s by far one of the biggest threads in the forum, outlines hair styles, hair colors, ear options, etc. I can’t really summarize everything in this.)

“Rune Tattoo” art by Unknown. San’layn Art by ZombieQualia on Twitter. Farstrider Tattoo Mockup by Somand. Phoenix/Light Tattoo by Ace. Phoenix Weapons by Olivia Leppard.

Void Elves:

• More Hairstyles, with Tentacle Toggles
  • Void / Starcursed Hair Effects
  • Jet Black and Stark White Hair Colors
  • Tattoos (Purple, Black, Silver, Dark Blue)
  • Eyebrow Size Options
  • Scars
  • More Jewelry Options for Both Genders
  • Black/Greyish/Void Skin Tones
  • Entropic Embrace Toggle
  • Void Corrupted “Normal” Skin Tones
  • More Eye Colors (Greys, Blacks, Pinks, maybe Old God Inspired Eyes)
  • More Hair Colors (Pinks, Purples, Greys)
  • More Tentacle Color Options (Starcursed Blue, Black, Fuchsia and White)
  • Fix Receding Hairlines and Holes Caused by Tentacle Toggle
  • Remove Some Faces Being Locked Behind Skin Color

Female Hairstyles by Faebelina, Male by Luoren, Starcursed Hair by Rama, Eye Options by Silverleaf, Skin Tones by Silverleaf, Hair Colors and Void Corrupted Normal Skin tones and Scar Mockups by Ramavatarama. Non-Void Hairstyles by Rama. Nightborne/Void Elf Hairstyles by Faebelina.

(The top hairstyles are Nightborne)

I apologize if I missed anyone. Feel free to ping me if I did, as I said. I tried my best to get all of the popular requests.

Here is the mega-thread of customization threads that go into more detail, with more concept art, of pretty much everything here:

Some Megathreads not listed in that:

44 Likes

Now to comment on some things in this thread, as I somehow didn’t see it get created.

I’m not entirely sure who you’re talking to, but almost every blood elf and void elf fan I know doesn’t want this. They want uniqueness, the main concern with blood elf players is that they lost uniqueness by giving Void Elves regular skin tones and hair colors, and void elf players feel they lost uniqueness by giving Blood Elves their blue and purple eyes. So homogenizing them would likely just make more people mad than happy.

I think I’ve seen more threads complaining about this than anything else in the past year.

If there’s one thing I’ve ever been against in this game, it’s adding body options for Kul Tiran. This goes back to my first point about homogenization.

There are Twenty Two other races they can play. Meanwhile, what would this take away, to give, you might ask? Representation.

Kul Tirans are the only non-animal race without the “skinny” body type. If you give people the option to play them as “Skinny,” I imagine most of them would - especially since humans have way more customization than Kul Tirans.

This innately would take away representation for the non-typical body size community. We would see less of us in the world. And much like how representation matters for PoC and LGBT, it does for heavyset people. I already have a rather large annoyance at Blizzard for sexualizing female pandaren instead of embracing being chubby like with males.

A compromise, in my eyes, would be adding Druid and Shaman to the base Human classes. They can RP as Kul Tiran, and it would mean any KT class is available to regular human so they can RP as a skinny Kul Tiran without innately taking away representation.

Representation matters.

7 Likes

This is not really true. Heavy-set people will still be able to be represented because being a heavy-set Kul Tiran will remain an option. Those who choose to play Kul Tiran play that because they want to be a heavy-set human, and adding an option to make them skinny doesn’t automatically make all of them reconsider and play a skinny version. If so, why are people playing Kul Tirans as other classes such as mages or warriors, which are available to regular humans as well? I do not think we would see less of them out in the world if we changed this.

However:

This is true, and we need better representation. I think Kul Tirans should get skinny options, but I also think every race should get multiple body types to properly cover the vast spectrum of looks we have in real life. We need more options to let us express who we are, and we also need to work on the attitudes we have towards ideas of beauty and what is acceptable to look like. For example, the assumption that everyone’s going to pick a skinny option for Kul Tirans if they had the choice, makes me wonder: why? The answer to that question is what needs to be worked at, and that’s not something you can ‘fix’ in the character creator.

12 Likes

There is already a ton of people using the Kul Tiran humans to RP regular humans from say, Gilneas, Lordaeron or the Stormwind Kingdom already. THe problem is, there is no representation for skinny people then. There is either really fit muscular humans or a heavierset human to choose from. I dont understand why theres always only two sides; muscular and heavyset, what about the inbetween? This is also about possibility and diversity, there will be no diversity by denying certain groups and certain things to be available as a choice because then you are limited.

I highly agree with these statements, its important that everyone is heard and that we are given as much choice as possible.

By Lore, there is not much uniqueness other than Void elves being blood elves thrown out of hte horde, giving them the same customization as blood elves would only enforce their heritage, and by giving blood elves the void elf hairstyles, would even support more consistancy and variation.

I believe and think that it is best for the large majority of people to have the possibility of just giving as many customizations as possible, and the easiest way to this is to give races already implemented hairstyles and such, and sharing them across other races.

The alternative would be designing MORE hairstyles, but we also gotta be realistic. This would give more diversity. Being realistic, there is not much difference between void elves and blood elves (and high elves), they are literally all the same model, all the same culture and all the same place they come from. Ask oneself this;
If you had to choose between; no new customization for either races or shared customization, what would you choose?

As a Lightforged Draenei player, I would like to share a lot of the customization with the regular draenei, and I do not feel that would make them less unique. At this point, there are 3 races in the world that people RP and play as; blood elf, void elf and high elf. (SOrry if I am wrong about some of the lore, these elves are not my main interest point in WoW). I do not believe we can exclude two races from having shared customization, when I talk about shared customization, it would be cool to have human hairstyles on elves too, night elf hairstyles on draenei, dwarves. Its not JUST shared between void elf and blood elf (this meaning both ways). We are asking for more customization, and perhaps the easiest way to go for this is to let a lot of the similar races share a lot of their customization, I also think its then important to for example give blood elves chances to have runes… But at this day and age, there is not much physical difference between a blood elf and high elf, besides the green eyes, occassionally.

I would LOVE to see more of the shared customization between HM tauren and regular tauren. Maybe one should ask for clearer and more obvious differences between blood elves and void elves (eventually high elves?), what these would be, I do not know. But I do know that they are all very similar.

I have tried my best and was in touch for months with different GMs on Moonguard, i was even sent a document wishlist with a lot of people collaborating on what the playerbase wanted. Threads on the general discussion forums were also made for me to engage in and read peoples ideas, and I took every single realistic idea from there and put it in. I am just a Community Council member and I spent 2-3 months gathering data before writing this forum post. If anyone does not feel heard or represented, I did note at the end that you were free to make a thread in response.

I think it’s important to remember we cannot ask for everything people want, we also have to be realistic and cut down on things, If I was to write down everything I have been asked to bring up, I would still be writing and this post would never be read.

Allied race post will be up in the future!

9 Likes

I also would like to say that runic tattoos and such should not be class restricted, which is not what I meant at all. I am sorry if I worded myself wrong.

My point is to have as many lorefriendly customization options open for everyone as possible. Runes then going to death knights, blood elves, void elves, mages, warlocks, paladins (?), demon hunters, draenei, night elf (elune runes?), nightborne, priests. All that.

Apologies if I have not been clear.

7 Likes

Representation means nothing if no one chooses that option - if you don’t see the thing in game, then it’s not representation. Sure, you might be able roll it, but Kul Tiran can’t be Paladin, Demon Hunter, Warlock, or Evoker. So if you main one of those classes? You rely on other people playing that race for representation.

If you gave people the option between a regular human model and KT human, where regular human has an astronomical amount of customization options compared to KT human, most people will opt for the one they can customize more.

And for those trying to get the super thin KT human model that’s based on a forsaken skeleton? That would require a ton of art team work to make a female model, customization options, etc. that could be spent making the base KT race customization better and more appealing. By advocating for them to spend time on that model you’re essentially telling everyone who likes the not-thin model they need to be okay with the subpar amount of KT customization that currently exists. They wouldn’t spend art time making all new models and options for a skinny version and then still update the non-thin version.

Likewise, your suggestion about adding more body types for other races: This would be great, but it’s not realistic. Again, they aren’t going to spend art time making new model skeletons for different races for different body sizes. And if they do, it’s going to come at the expense of updated customization for the existing options.

Again, there are 22 other races people who want to play a skinny model can play. Even female pandas are skinny. Literal pandas.

YOU may not see it as taking away representation, but it is. I have seen I think one Pandaren in the past year. I have seen hundreds of Kul Tirans. How many of those KTs would use a skinny model if they could?

I’ll give you a hint: It’s definitely not 0. And if even a single one of them did, that’s taking away representation.

I apologize if any of this comes off heated. It’s something I’m very passionate about, and one of the few cases where I do not want more options added.

They have not 1, not 2, not 3, but TWENTY TWO options of races to choose for representation. The fact you actually said skinny people don’t have representation is ridiculously insulting.

As for non-muscular - Blood/Void Elves exist. They are about as skinny as you can get before Blizzard would tread on the dangerous waters of being accused of encouraging eating disorders. Just like KT tread the water on the other end of the spectrum.

This is the issue. People want more unique customizations, they don’t want to homogenize the races even more. Please, just look at a single blood elf or void elf thread and you’ll see.

They are literally not the same culture. High Elves, Blood Elves, and even Void Elves have different cultures. There’s even different cultures within the different Blood Elf groups.

And you would be wrong. It would by definition, take away uniqueness.

I am very opposed to most of your thoughts, and I will make it known. Just like I’m sure you’re opposed to mine and I expect you to make it known.

2 Likes

Perhaps there is a huge difference then, I see Pandaren daily. There is quite a few pandaren being RPed and even played in PVE here in Europe. I know many do love the pandaren dearly because of their realistic body size.

Being muscular is not skinny. Tauren are not skinny, neither are the females, dwarfes are not skinny, orcs are definitely not skinny. Zandalari trolls are muscular, both the female and male models. Worgen males are muscular and even human females are toned. I do not feel represented by -ANY- of the races in wow. Blood elves are also muscular. Having a sixpack and muscular arms is not for everyone, every single male race in the game except for a few have a very muscular torso and upper arms, as well as thighs. Some people want humans to represent them, they do not want a troll or a minotaur like creature to represent their body type… They would want humans. Why cant everyone be represented as humans? Or do we have to go with an undead to be able to play a skinny character, so we should be happy with that?

If you find it insulting I am not happy with two options; heavyset and muscular, then that is rather insulting too. Females should also have the option to be heavily muscled as well, I think we should have all of the oppertunities. People will play them either way and it seems you and i have very different views on what is represented and not. I think we should also be careful about stepping into territory of what is encouraging disorders and what isn’t, as this is a fantasy world and has humans able to shift into a werewolf.

These are the most played races, and one could say that is insulting, it is not representative and it’s played because people want to play it, and one cant fault people for not wanting to play a heavyset character.

They all stem from the same place, Quel’Thalas. Some would argue Void elves are too new to see any deepening culture or heritage other than who they used to be before becoming void elves. There is little lore at all around the Void Elves, too little.

The title is literally “we want more”, I would want nothing more than for MORE and NEW customizations to come out, but we have to be realistic. The easiest way to get it would have to share a lot of hairstyles, hair colours among ALL THE RACES. I am not talking about ONLY Giving Void elves the same hairstyles as blood elves and Vise versa. I am talking about dwarven hairstyle options for void elves, for draenei, for goblins, for trolls.

I would OF COURSE prefer new and unique customization options for each and every race, but we also have to look at the easiest outcome and suggest that.

I think one has to ask, if we had to choose, would we rather just keep it like it is or share every customization across all races?

I think its important to keep in mind European servers and US servers is different on the RP side of things.

11 Likes

By this logic, Dracthyr are also going to take away representation, because there’s going to be more players that move on from Kul Tiran to play those. This is not taking away representation.

And as I’ve pointed out, I do not think adding an option for a skinny version will make fewer people play the original KT model. At least not any more than literally any new race would. With every new race and class, or customisation option drop, there’s going to be more diversity in the same player pool (adjusting for new and quitting players).

The main reason there’s little representation is a cultural thing. Nothing Blizzard does can really change that. Would giving Kul Tirans millions of new permutations of customisation make them more popular? Definitely. Will this convince everyone to start playing Kul Tirans and thus make them much better represented? If people aren’t playing Kul Tirans because they’re fat, I doubt it.

Of course, but we want more customisations for every race and bring them up to an equal level. That would include both heavy and skinny Kul Tirans.

That’s not the same, one does not exclude the other. You can have skinny Kul Tirans and more customisation options for regular Kul Tirans. We’re not even necessarily advocating for a skinny model before we get more customisation options, so it’s not going to take resources away from that.

Realistically, maybe not, but we’re advocating for them to do so anyway because it’s something players want, and it’s going to do well for representation, which is the topic that sparked the discussion. In fact, this is what we should be striving for if representation and body positivity is our end goal. Representation through one race is awful representation, it’s tokenisation at best. Can you imagine if you wanted to play a black character, and you were forced to play one race? It really used to be like that, and that was rightfully corrected. It might be easier to make another skin tone instead of adding a new model (assuming that is even needed, you could just adjust the model or use an existing skeleton, at least for some races), but just because something takes more resources and more time doesn’t mean it’s not worth doing it.

You get more representation by adding more options for it for other races, by normalising body types across all races instead of saying ‘this is the race you have to play if you want to be X’.

15 Likes

So, I’ve been on alpha lately, and one of the new dragons (note, dragon, not blood elf, before people scream) has something to note:

Now, I do not want people to scream “OMG THE VOID ELVES ARE ASKING FOR MORE STUFF” - But without a doubt, these eyes are the living embodiment of what void elf players who want more void options have been asking for since the very beginning, before you caved into High Elf fans before Void Elf players. This in purple, blue, and orange.

Here’s some very quick edits to show you how it would look like and if it isn’t obvious why this fits void elves, I’ll be surprised.

This screams old god, and void. The orange is almost exactly what N’zoth’s eyes look like, and what we’ve been asking for.

This eye exists in the game now, you are actively using it on a character in alpha. PLEASE consider adding this to Void Elves - it would also rectify the fact we have no unique eye colors compared to Blood Elves, something they do have unique from us, and add more unique things between the races, even if minor.

(And I’m aware this is meant to be the “Cross” version of dracthyr eyes, but it’s not entirely as you can easily see, as it’s missing one part of + shape, effectively turning it into a slit, more catlike, or, you know, void/old god like)

9 Likes

I just want a keg on my back the way tauren get the totem its even in the game on an insane cooldown

10 Likes

This would be more relevant to mogs and toys I suppose. Which I totally agree on, more mogs to represent culture and profession! (Which we are gettin a lot of now)

I feel like blizzard releases a toy then it becomes a mog when everyome uses it like the fire feral druid form. They just take an extreme amount of time

(Hope this isn’t against the rules of the CC forums pushing this back up to the top but I’ve got some options to add)

Making glasses/eyewear/certain masks a part of the customization options for all races (or potentially creating a new cosmetic category in game for these so we can mog glasses and a hat)

Dracthyr:
Separating the scarf on the Shako customization option on Dracthyr and making it it’s own customize option.
The ability to mix and match the different helms with the Shako Scarf if it gets separated from the hood.

7 Likes