Character cannot logon due to 'World Server is down' error in WotLK

WotLK classic
Maladath server
Time of issue 5am CDT USA
Character attempts to logon but cannot due to ‘World Server is down’ error message
Other chars on account can logon fine on same server.

Steps to resolve:
Used the Automated Support process to resolve. Followed all suggestions and lastly performed the Support suggested process to ‘move character to a safe location’. The results of the Blizz ‘move character to a safe location’ process was: ‘There was an error while processing your request. Please submit a ticket to get help from one of our Game Masters.’ and then they promptly marked the ticket as resolved. Sadly, they did not tell me how to create a ticket to get help from a GM and after hours of searching the forum and Blizz site, I was unable to find out how to create this ticket as it kept directing me back to the automated ticket process which I described above in an endless support loop. Thus I am trying to go this route in submitting a customer service ticket for assistance.

Issue history:
On the Maladath server, I had my character use the Dalaran flightmaster for a flight out of the city of Dalaran to one of the Tuskar ports and shortly after takeoff the system kicked me off the mount and I fell out of the sky to a mountain top and verily survived the fall. I hearthed back to Dalaran and tried it again thinking it was just a fluke but at that same spot in the flight, it dropped me again to the mountain. I also noticed that I was getting a system message spam in Chat saying something like ‘Transfer access is unavailable’ which was a strange message since I am not transferring no where and it kept spamming me over and over. I logged out of the game completely and when I tried to logon again, it gave me the ‘World Server is down’ message and will not let me logon with that one char. Other chars logon fine.

Note: There are several others with this issue if you look at the topic over in the Classic bug report and Classic dissussion form. Some experienced this in Classic while me and at least three others experienced the issue in WotLK while flying out of Dalaran. Please help both me and them too!

Short answer theres no one here that can fix the issue this is primairly a players to player support forum.

Long answer the more people that report it as a bug hopefully the sooner that it will be looked at by the QA team and work on a fix.

1 Like

would you know how a person actually creates a ticket for GM help. I have reached a point of begging for help on how to do that. Thanks for any help you can provide.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow

1 Like

Sadly when I fill it out it auto takes me to the automated support page which results in the system unable to help me as described above and tell me to file a support ticket. So puts me in a loop. I do appreciate you help my friend and kindness.

Try using this ticket path:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1369/ticket

Just be sure to mention that the automated service is NOT working to correct your login issue.

8 Likes

Oh Kyzera, you are indeed a goddess !

That was an extremely wonderful link that allowed me to fully submitt a ticket without going thur the looping automated serice. Blizzard should be paying you for your excellent community help. It feels so good right now knowing that I finally submitted the issue officially and can go to bed stress free now. Thank you , thank you for all your help.

8 Likes

You’re welcome.

7 Likes

This issue ( I mentioned above ) was resolved with the help of a Game Master who responded to my support ticket that I created. The GM moved my char to a safe location and I was able to logon successfully. The GM noted the issue was resolved on the server (Maladath) so that it would not plague me again. Special thanks to Kyzera of the community forums for providing me the link to creating the support ticket that I was unable to find myself.

7 Likes