Changing zones causes me to lag out but not disconnect

Switching zones keeps causing me issues, either in transit or when I land everything just stops responding, I’ll be able to see and use chat but no spells or abilities will work, everyone else will just be stuck running in place to me. I never had this problem a single time before Shadowlands. It takes me multiple times of forcing the game to close and logging back in to get everything back to normal and working again.

1 Like

I have the same issue when I hearth, or change zones. Everyone around me is running in place, and I seem to be unable to interact with anything. After closing WoW and trying to relaunch I proceed to get disconnect on average for two attempts before the third working and allowing me to log in, back at the original location at the end of the flight path, or the destination of my hearth.

1 Like

This is still happening to me and it’s really just getting unacceptable.

1 Like

How many add-ons are you running? Reloading them at each zoning can cause extreme lag if they are throwing errors in the background.

Turned them all off and it still does the same thing.

1 Like

Hi there,

A few quick questions before I just throw steps out.

1. Does it happen at all times of day or just during one part?

2. When disabled, were they removed or just turned off?

3. Does this happen when changing zones not in Shadowlands?

4. Do you use Wifi or wireless internet to connect?

I do hope to hear from y’all soon, I want to help!

/Nathardrick

All the time, I disabled them I’m not just going to randomly remove my addons when they never caused me any problems before. I don’t know, I’ve only really been to Stormwind but it’s happened there. No, I have a cable to my modem.

1 Like

All it takes is a simple renaming of the Add-on folder or Interface folder, just to test the zone loading. That would let you know if an add-on is causing the issue. Depending on the add-on, it may not be updated for Shadowlands, or the update given to the add-on is causing a new problem.

Well I removed WTF, Cache, and Interface didn’t solve it. I never had this problem until SL and as far as I know it’s only my Stormrage characters.

1 Like

I am having this problem as well. I have disabled all my addons and am hardwired to my network. It only happens when changing zones. I can’t even log out. I have to hard close the game and relog in.

1 Like