Changing demo shout threat gen

Hey Tel, grats on 60 bud. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe the dps should wait 10 seconds before unloading and AoEing everything and there will be less frustrated tanks and more people willing to tank.

I also didn’t know about this. My husband has been tanking all our dungeons and doing it just like he did back in vanilla and our runs were all smooth. Then another warrior tells him he’s tanking wrong and should be spamming Demo and everyone just AoEing everything, and we were both like… what?

Now this hotfix is coming out and he LOL’d pretty hard.

1 Like

I guess my pally tank will be more useful now.

2 Likes

Thanks man. I finally caught up. :grin:

1 Like

I’m glad, I stopped leveling my warrior because mindless aoe tanking is ridiculously boring. Now hopefully it takes a bit of gameplay again.

2 Likes

I hated aoe tanking so much I stopped doing it. This is such a good thing!!! Back to Cc/FF Chain pulls like thrall intended!

TBH the aoe groups are more fun without a tank anyway.

spell cleave groups will just bring another mage and then there will be tanks for everyone else.

1 Like

Classic was not made to aoe tank, although paly’s do have some good aoe threat grabbers that is not how the game was designed. In vanilla you have to cc tagets and always mark the main targets for the dps. If groups are aoe tanking in dungeons something is broken besides a few abilities. This was not vanilla and we wanted no changes!!!

3 Likes

Nope. Demoralizing Roar/Shout still holds aggro just fine.

This genuinely wont even change much when it comes to SM/ZF farms. Frost Mages will still be able to mass AoE kite mobs to death with zero difficulty, because this change will just mean that you’ll bring a 4th Frost Mage rather than a tank. There were already some groups doing that anyway.

The most this will do is make mobs sometimes turn and run at the healer slightly more often.

garbage community will ruin this game what a surprise. 2/2 kills it again Retail ruined current wow now ruins classic.

2 Likes