Changing Demand Without Changing Supply

Yes, but OP is still right about oversized servers.

3 Likes

This is literally not the point at all. Blizzard wanted to recreate Vanilla to be as close to the original experience as possible. The current supply/demand ratio is WAY off from Vanilla, so they created an environment that is not true to what Vanilla used to be. I’m not a #nochanger, but the server population change was not properly thought out in terms of how it would affect the game.

Also, there’s a difference between them being a luxury in Vanilla and something you can only dream of in Classic.

1 Like

There is a long list of things I would rather see fixed to bring classic to be in line with vanilla before flowers. Just saying.

1 Like

Citation Needed…

Cause what was said before launch was that a single layer was approximately the same size as a vanilla server, and all servers are now 1 layers. So each server should be roughly the same size as a vanilla server from what Blizz has said.

The change in supply/demand could very much be an increase in demand because a larger portion of the community is using more of them due to more information and different play styles from vanilla to classic.

1 Like

I am a #nochanger and I agree they need to either up the spawn rate of the lotus or lower the server population they need to make them match to what it was in vanilla.

2 Likes

Blizzard said that a “medium” server today has a bigger population than “full” servers back then.

2 Likes

Guess how many HORDE alone were in the pvp pool when AV released on Bigglesworth.

cItAtIoN nEeDeD…

It was also said that a Medium pop Classic server is the same size as a Full pop Vanilla server.

If you’re going to be that annoying person on the forums asking for citations of things that are common knowledge, at least cite your own statements.

Fair enough, there are lots of discrepancies between Vanilla and Classic, and most of the big ones were caused by server population changes and/or faction imbalance. But the Black Lotus thing will become more of an issue as we close in on Naxx, and I’d rather not wait until we’re there to see this fixed.

It’s not even just flasks, every resource collected in the world is camped 24/7 by many people. It’s at the point where the only reliable way to get gold is through instanced farming.

I would be in support of a more random spawn timer on black lotus to make it harder to camp the nodes.

I would also be in favor of a slight increase in their spawn rate.

I would also be in favor of making it so ghosts can’t see nodes.

I would absolutely not be in favor of removing black lotus spawns in favor of a random drop rate in other high level herb nodes. It’s not swifthistle. It’s friggin black lotus.

relax dude none of us flasked back then

u can wear full greens and progress just fine

in fact it might actually be more fun

If I remember correctly when aq or naxx came out they buffed black lotus spawn rate. I dont think it will be that big of a difference that far down the line.

Any buff is a good buff. And why would you lobby against this? I can think of one reason.

I don’t think you understand how layering works.

Yes, at launch all the servers had layers that were close to vanilla server sizes. This was done to stop leveling zones from being so overpopulated you could get nothing done. And it worked quite well.

After a little time passed, they removed the layers, as they would create problems later. Now all of your server population is in a single “layer”. Now I don’t have links to give you the Citation you need, but this is how it happened to the best of my recollection.

1 Like

Actually, I think that if you’re going to make changes, then removing flasks and world buffs from the game would be an even better option. They are not needed, and they make the content too easy.

I only use consumables when I have them. I dunno how Naxx will go this time around, but I suspect that folks will clear the content just fine wearing whatever gear they’ve earned up until then.

All gathering resources should be increased to reflect the increased number of players.

4 lotus every hour for 2500 players should become 12 lotus every hour for 7500 players.

Hashtag, LOTS OF CHANGES OFC FAM.

yes they said that BEFORE layering was removed. so yes if you had a medium pop realm that had 2+ layers you had more people than a full server in vanilla. However SINCE then layering has been removed on ALL realms so every realm is back down to near vanilla levels. Which is why when layering was removed a number of servers which previously didn’t have queues started having queues again.

They didnt just let multiple layers of people into that one single layer… the layer may have been increased in size partially but before layers were removed a number of realms that didn’t have queues started having queues when layering was removed.

before telling someone they don’t understand something you should really make sure you understand the basics of it, cause its pretty bad when you tell someone that they don’t understand how layering works when you then proceed to demonstrate you clearly don’t understand how it works yourself.

I know how layering worked quite well thank you very much.