Change symbol of hope again:

instead of reducing everyone’s defensive cooldown by 1 min, make it give everyone a charge of the defensive ability… or else its useless and we still remain the worst healer in the game…

tune up the healing a bit as well, we shouldnt be middle of the pack on the hps… we have nothing else to offer

4 Likes

Who do you think you are? Paladin? Shaman? No. You are a priest.

You get stuff that is lacking!

2 Likes

Good idea about SoH.

Hps is fine, just make other legos good as well, I’m bored of FC.
Preparing 5 FC buffs every pull is tiring really, especially if your group wipes a lot.

1 Like

I kind of wanted to try the 200% flash heal legendary.

I was thinking it might be like FC, with a stacking buff and then it drops after a certain amount of time, but I think it just drops off after the first flash heal. So it would just not be as good as a 20% heal.

Its too bad, because it sounded interesting

It’s difficult to balance. I first thought, “Well hey, why not just make it reduce ANY spell on CD by 30% over 5s?” That would be insanely powerful. But then you risk having Priests over-represented so every class can get their maximum CD reduction… There would need to be some kind of debuff system so players could only get it every 3 minutes… with a 5min spell CD, which allows for just 2-3 Priests… it just convolutes things.

I think SoH should be more of a shield or HoTri buildup.

So if a Disc Priest casts it, a shield worth 30% of your HP begins building over the 5s channel. Then it lasts for 30s.

If a Holy Priest casts it, a single PoM charge worth 30% of your HP begins building over the 5s channel and lasts for 30s. Once you dip below 70% - of if you are below 70% - that POM will trigger and be consumed.

If a Shadow Priest casts it, the game auto-deletes it’s WTF folder and logs the Spriest out.

/salty

Not sure what you mean by middle of the pack I’ve been #1 on almost every fight in mythic+heroic.

1 Like

I got news for you buddy, Holy isn’t even middle of the pack in terms of HPS. They’re averaging just slightly higher than last place (Discipline) in Mythic. Kind’ve silly to do less healing than Holy Paladins while also only doing a quarter of the damage with less utility.

1 Like

To be Honest the Defensive Ability is kinda bad on Priest mostly useless. And quite sur its useless on most other class except tank

Me too, but I guess we can’t just say that our personal experiences are the reality of the spec.

Too many variables → Our healers pals can be bad, our dps teammates don’t dodge sht, snipe healing… etc.

We should’ve gotten the MW Monk treatment.
Revival and Chi-ji + Dmg buffs to mw made it an insane HPS healer. Revival (3min cd) + Weapons of Order (2min cd) is literally a raid-wide lay on hands. And you can lower Revival CD by doing the fistweaving rotation it’s nuts.

Our HPS should’ve been buffed and our Raid healing cds too.

So after hitting 5/10 M my current opinion on Symbol of Hope is that its mostly a dud. The issue is that you can’t plan on any fight when you’re going to use it at a set time because you’re holding it in reserve to give your healers mana when they’re running OOM later in the fight. Also, you’d need a weak aura that shows the total amount of defensive cds down to really know how to maximize its usage.

The raid fights vary in length as well. They’re on average 7-8 minutes long except for Sylvanas which is twice as long, but there’s others that are 5 minutes long. Some of them you can use Symbol in the first 1 minute to reset CDs are a big raid burst and another later in the fight, but it doesn’t really change much in the raid. The mana return is solid hough, especially when the disc priest, mistweaver, and yourself are about to run low on fumes on the last minute of the fight.

For M+ it’s acceptable. Monitor your groups CDs and use it to reset their defensives. It works wonders for bear tanks because bark skin is 1 minute cd so they can double bark skin back-to-back. I use it maybe 1-2 times a dungeon.

I don’t really have any ideas right now on how to make Symbols defensive reset better for raids because I’m just using it for the mana return. Maybe when I think of something I’ll post back.

Holy is pumping pretty solidly this raid tier though as a throughput healer. Lots of these fights you can pull off double salvs because with the holy oration conduit its a 4.5 minute reset. There’s less tanks being smashed fights so you can concentrate more on raid healing which is a nice change of pace.

Maybe Having his own deffensive ability that is applied to everyone would be nice. Not so sure what At least it would be better than a random proc of cooldown reduction on a maybe used Deffensive abilities. Or even offensive buff for Dps. Nobody plan Symbol of Hope right in middle of a huge dmg proc. U just use it to restore mana. Its never planned in advance when u gonna need it

I don’t know where you guys are getting your info from… but as far as I can see on Warcraftlogs as of today, July 11th 2021, Holy priests are consistently showing up on the top 100 for most Mythic Sanctum of Domination encounters. The only fight that does not show any Holy Priests is Mythic Sylvannas, which logs are dominated by Disc Priest and Holy Paladin.

Holy is absolutely pumping, and they make an excellent spot healer. In large part thanks to Flash Concentration, Holy Priest is one of the best healers for reversing accidental damage, second only to Restoration Shaman. Of course, Disc Priest and Holy Paladin are always going to edge ahead in the highest echelons of raiding content by virtue of their blanket Damage Reduction capabilities, but that is more of a design flaw of healer kits in general than a Holy Priest problem.

I think Holy’s most pressing concern right now is our lack of choice between legendries. It’s not that Flash Concentration is too strong- it’s that all the other legendries are dull and underperforming in most situations.

There’s a lack of guilds that have actually killed Painsmith and beyond since he’s the wall boss (less than 300 guilds have killed him). There’s only like 2 dozen or less holy priest logs on most of the fight and they’ll start catching up as guilds progress. An absolutely unforgiving fight if you get hit by the spikes once you die so its all about surviving phase 2. They just removed the wall of spikes that had no gap on it this week because you literally had to stack your raid with people that could get over the wall.

This tier is easier than previous one.
idk I feel that devs might underestimated scaling power this tier. Shards are too strong.

I think that’s why this raid you can have different healers comps and still be ok. Tho shamans and paladins make things a lil bit easier.

We are looking at the healer statistics, not the top 100s for each boss. Nobody here is claiming Holy can’t break top 100. Our problem was that they, on average, are doing less healing than other healer classes, while having doing less damage and bringing less utility. That is the balance problem that is currently affecting the spec. We should be at least doing HPS comparable to Druids and Monks.

That being said, since over a week ago when we made those posts, Holy has since risen above Holy Paladin’s in terms of HPS.

Healing logs can be more easily manipulated than damage logs.

If you bring 4 healers to a fight that 90% of guilds bring 5 healers than the 4 healers will end up parsing 95%-100%+ logs easily. It’s safe to bring 6 healers on some of the fights because of how easy they are so healers would parse lower than those bringing 5.

If there’s a lack of logs due to simply a lack of guilds progressing on Painsmith and beyond than you can’t sit there and use 15-30 holy priest logs as a basis to compare against others. You need at least a few hundred logs.

So take healer logs with a grain of salt. I’ve seen #1 logs from people who got super RNG lucky and got a ton of leech on their gear. I’m talking like 6-8% of their healing was from leech alone.

Use logs to figure out when people are using raid wide cds on the fights to optimize yourself. Holy Priests right now can pull off double Salv on a lot of fights due to 4-4.5 minute reset on it. They can parse pretty high if played in the right hands. Also, raid healing as noted above is a lot easier than last tier. There isn’t that “omg meta” requirement like before except when people were trying to brute force world firsts because they didn’t have their domination set bonuses which give you a crazy damage/healing increase.

The tanks aren’t getting bashed like pinatas taking excessive damage so 1-2 healers don’t need to focus heal them and absorbs aren’t meta anymore. It’s a fairly even playing ground if anything.