Change Survival Hunter to a Healing spec

Survival Hunter can be switched to a healer class…
(and yes, I have read the Cupid forums, that’s a cute idea, but maybe almost too cute) : )

Field Medic - (Survival healer) - Melee Hunter Dps, well, isn’t that a rogue?
The hunter could use healing darts, healing vials, bandages and even first aid type talents such as bone set, hemostat, tourniquets, blood clot, etc. the hunter can still use focus, instead of mana.

• Quickest heal - “Syringe” or “injection” or just “Heal Shot” (a little green dart “shot” or thrown at target, maybe not shot from a bow…maybe a shot through a bamboo shoot?) (fast cast, low heal)
  • Quick heal - “Bandage” (slow cast, low focus, medium heal) or “hemostat”
  • Cast heal - “Tourniquet” (high heal, slow cast)
  • Aoe heal - Potion vial “Salve” with green stuff in it (thrown and broken as an aoe)
  • Aoe Defensive - “Safety net” (shoots a net that covers a group with an armor buff for a few seconds. (could be a net animation as an aoe on the ground)
  • Large group heal - “Triage” (heals and cures at the same time)
  • Affliction Cleanse - “Blood clot” or “Clot” or “Vaccine” (there are probably better medical terms to use, but clot sounds cool, so does vaccine)

**I do not play many classes (hunter, shaman) and do not know all the class icons, so if I repeat any from other classes, it is merely accidental)

Pets: Can utilize a group heal of 3-4 targets.
The pet can jump from target to target like Shaman chain heal and give each player a shot of whisky, and that could be the name, “whisky shot” (pun intended). Hunters have spirit mend, so the spirit pets would work, or any of the others, hunter choice.

*Survival healer DPS - yeah, still need a few dps actions.
Since there are guns in WoW, survival healers could use a pistol/pistols (there are already rifles, so why not?) We could still have base dps actions. Nothing fancy.

I started playing a hunter in Cataclysm and then switched to a monk healer in Legion. I played a merc healer in SWTOR for many years and enjoyed healing, however, I still enjoy running around as a BM hunter too.
The idea of a hunter healer spec has been interesting to me for many years and as I thought about it, I figured I’d add a little to the discussion (if there still is one).
Take care, thanks for reading.

11 Likes

A couple notes.

1. As an RSV player, this spec is dead to me. Tank, healer, melee, i don’t really care what happens to it anymore. But there’s a small group of the community that love MSV, so it’d just make them mad too. People play hunters to, you know, hunt things. That means killing them. So while “field medic” sounds cool, and healing with a pet is unique, it just doesn’t fit the class, and the community isn’t gonna like it.
  2. Healer specs are probably the most well designed in the game right now, so if you want to add one, there has to be flair that makes it unique from other healers, without it being too over powered. I could see hunter being a healer that also has strong utility, but again, it just doesn’t fit the class.
  3. Nobody hunts with a pistol.

I’m not trying to just bash your idea here. As I said, field medic sounds cool. Healing with actual medicine instead of magic. Just not the class for it.

7 Likes

I’d play that. Anything is better than smashing hormone bombs over somethings head.

2 Likes

Doesn’t remotely fit the class identity. Utterly ridiculous and mockable idea. Next.

21 Likes

I don’t know whats worse, your Idea or that I agree with Bepples.

15 Likes

Both

10char

1 Like

Just give survival some wings and have them fly in the sky because they are a dead spec anyway. I am one of the few people that love melee survival, do I wish they brought back ranged? Yes. I love that spec to death. I acknowledge that RSV is never coming back and I don’t want my dead spec to be ruined by your idea.

Don’t get me wrong we need new ideas, its good, ideas keep the conversations going and maybe one day we won’t have a horrible spec because people have ideas on how to fix it.

1 Like

I legit was going to flag OP for trolling… but it seems sincere so I didn’t.

4 Likes

I’d be for it just because it would literally make a few posters’ heads explode.

Do you actually play the game or just troll the hunter forum?

7 Likes

Wow something that both RSV and MSV lovers can agree on.

4 Likes

sounds dumb af

I play EU because of my work schedule. I also have done a lot more than you on a hunter.

This is far too similar to the other Hunter classes. They shoot ranged things at targets too.

Sarcasm removed

I don’t know if this was supposed to be a joke, but the idea of a spec that could do that is interesting, but it doesn’t fit the hunter class at all. Perhaps a Ranger. Move MSV playstyle there, and stop trying to stuff a bunch of miscellaneous crap into the Hunter class. Add a healer spec, and maybe a tank spec to the new class. That might actually play well.

my idea isn’t as finished as this but i think BM should be a tank melee class and survival should be range with explosive talents .

4 Likes

I agree with Darkforge here - my head is close to exploding. If they did this to Hunters, I would leave WoW forever.

That said, there is plenty of room for a new class. People want tanks, healers, trappers, marksman, Survival Hunters (melee and ranged), and beast masters (melee and ranged), but everybody wants it in the Hunter class. Jeeze. Go away. Stay off my lawn.

2 Likes

Screw it. Lets see how much of a mess this class can become.

In all seriousness though, unrelated to hunters, a mechanical healer class would be kinda cool. Field medic spec, turret spec (dps), and mech suit spec (tank) like mimiron. Not sure how well that would fit in wow, but I like the overall idea. We could use more physical ranged classes afterall.

2 Likes

melee sv players :handshake: ranged sv players

agreeing on heal sv being a bad idea

7 Likes

MSV is a dead spec to me so anything would be a better option.

This is a thing in SW:tOR, both the Trooper and Smuggler have healing specs in addition to the more traditional Jedi Sage healer.

I don’t think it would fit on a Hunter, but it could absolutely work on a Tinker.

I would play it.