Chain Mail Bikini. Skimpy, Almost Nude, Near Naked Sexy Outfits

IIRC the playerbase by the end of bfa was more imbalanced than it had ever been but at its peak and when the times are good it’s more or less even

i have no idea why BFA would make it imbalanced. When the game first came out it was heavy male played but for the last few years as far as I know it is pretty close to even.

1 Like

Yes… it’s my character and i can wear what i want with it, i don’t care what other people think.
That also applies to IRL, i’ll wear what i want and i don’t care what other people think.

The only place you can’t wear what you want is places where there is a dress code.
Also if you associate with someone, you may take into consideration what they like, it is a give and take relationship after all(depends how selfish you are i guess) , be they your partner or your family or friends.

Pretty easy, no?

I think it’s just that as the game population declined more of the women in the playerbase dropped it faster.

I figure there’s a myriad reasons on an individual level

I does make since to at least have a shield if fighting melee in beach wear. In ranged, outfit armor is less important. I have alts with different personalities. This alt goes skimpy. I have never been harassed on my server, but was once in a party where leader was on emerald dream. I hearthed to boralus and put character on walk and just strolled up and down the boardwalk for a bit. I was slapped twice and told to get dressed. I was not even fighting, just strolling outside the in. Some players need to wake up and be inclusive.

Another time I was doing trial of style and a skimpy outfit won and a player about had a heart attack raging about skimpy degrading clothing. Dude, this is a beauty pageant atmosphere, not battle.

This makes me wish they’d either reduce mog costs or at least have “free slots” you can shift back and forth at will to make it easier to keep an at-rest look and a battle look

3 Likes

I’ll just leave this here:

4 Likes

so sassy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i can’t believe she shows so much ankle.

2 Likes

It’s about fantasy, imagination, and being able to do things one might not do in real life.

Yes… Yes it is.

:grin:

1 Like

The point of skimpy clothes is to be able to—repeatedly—instantly win the Trial of Style…

The incomparable armor benefits are just nice bonus. At this point, I’m well-nigh invincible! :bikini::shield: If I swapped to female at the barber, I would be!

5 Likes

its a FANTASY game it doesnt have to make sense. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I bet the OP thinks the tv show I Dream of Jeanie outfit is too sexy.

Oh no! her ankle is showing!

1 Like

and she shows WAY TOO MUCH SHOULDER! think of the children!

2 Likes

Then just wear a bikini, chain mail is extra baggage

1 Like

Hmm for my guys sometimes I like going shirtless. We have no swimwear for guys sadly.

2 Likes

I figured people who dress their character this way just project their desire to look at something, decent, while playing the game.

1 Like

As the OP I would just like to clarify my position:

This was in my post: “Disclaimer: I’m not advocating for ether the use of bikini-outfits or non-use of the bikini outfits in game. I’m just posing the question.”

My intention is just to pose a topic for discussion which I think people might generally find interesting. And I ask Wow players to respond with their opinions. I am neither Pro or Con a Topic. I am just neutral. I enjoy reading peoples replies. their opinions in an open friendly exchange of ideas and information.

And that is all I am About.

Skimpy gear has been discussed many times, though never framed as “let’s discuss one particular potential item only”.

Every subject in the forums has been discussed at one time or another over the years. Nothing new under the sun.

But many new people in the forums discussing topics. Hence the forums still exist.

Note: The Term “Chain Mail Bikini” is an old RPG term meaning for skimpy revealing outfit. Goes Back to Dungeon and Dragons- paper and pencil games.

Oh, you don’t believe me? Well then just Google the term “Chainmail Bikini.”

The fact that this is even a topic of discussion, or a concern about a video game, is yet another sign of the fall of Western civilization.

2 Likes