Censorship + ban penalties isn't the answer

Doesn’t matter, I don’t care. You are arguing semantics when you knew what I meant. And I could care less that they laugh at me, I’m sitting at 3150 io on one toon almost 3k on another and two toons at 2800. I’m confident in my abilities.

Laughing at me to my face or in discord doesn’t matter, because at the end of the day I’m the one laughing knowing I offended you, be it something I say or how I play.

Again thick skinned vs being thin skinned

2 Likes

It should be, is all I saying.

Otherwise there is no reason to invest in tools to stop this stuff.

1 Like

The TOS is too restrictive in many ways. It’s a game, we should be allowed to have some fun with it.

This is coming from a dude who hates toxicity, btw. I’m almost never one to trash talk or rage at my teammates in group chat or whatever. However, it shouldn’t be a TOS violation to be a bad person.

2 Likes

No it shouldn’t be.

The main tool is the rules everyone agrees to. Follow the rules or deal with the consequences.

5 Likes

I wonder how long those images were left in game until the day it was decided that “Eeehh maybe thats not a good thing”

I suppose to me it seems that they must not have been so bad at that time.
If they actually were that bad to warrant removal at that time I would think it would have been removed much sooner.
I just feel its another victim of the sledgehammer approach to cleaning up that the game went through.

1 Like

/whistle

:grin:

1 Like

Yeah, learning that little tidbit of information, there is no forum friendly manner to convey my reaction properly with the amount of expletives I would use.

5 Likes

sometimes censorship is the answer.

erasing mcree references was a good choice.

3 Likes

Yes, they can lie, but did they lie?

This is true.

Also true, but people do get warnings constantly. And the people getting banned already have several offenses.

This happens A LOT, especially on RP servers. RPers are some of the most vindictive WoW players.

This is also true, though. I don’t think anybody really cared about the paintings of women. The name changings (especially without voice-redubs) is jarring (Mac’aree to Eredath, for example).

If I had to bet money…. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I just watched an interesting interview and the people were talking about illegal immigrants gangs committing crimes in New York. The guy said they steal in New York and then go to Florida to spend the money. Asked why they don’t just stay in Florida and steal there, the guy responded because they are jailed in Florida.

Penalties change behavior. I agree they should tell people what they did wrong because of course that isn’t fair or likely to do anything but there is nothing wrong with applying penalties without warning because everyone signed that standard of conduct.

Yes, yes, prior probability and all that. But, like, none of that has been demonstrated. So it’s just speculation, and you’re not betting money, you’re only hinging your entire argument on the speculation.

WoW players are toxic because the content structure is toxic. The people who play the content the hardest seem to hate it the most. Everyone acts like they are on a ramp at a slaughter house rather than enjoying a game. Most people in the end game grind content would very obviously be happier playing a more independent content type. They just fly into an unhinged rage if a millisecond of their time is wasted by another person. The people who actually enjoy the content have to deal with an endless horde of people who hate the content but feel they have to be there to make number go up. It’s burning everyone from both ends.

3 Likes

Lol the call outs like that in CS are hilarious xD

3 Likes

Oh, if I could bet money, I would.

Are you really comparing theft and real life violence to a video game?

1 Like

no - I am illustrating that consequences matter.

I’ve had posts on the forums flagged for far less.

2 Likes