CC Thread: Dungeon and Raid Solo Accessibility for Old & Current Content

So, just saw this thread and think it’s a good one. Something that I think should also be brought up on some of this is: Player adjustable dificulty in instanced solo content. This might mean an option to make something easier after x number of failed attempts or perhaps a buff the player gets each time they start the encounter or the like that grows stronger each time they fail at it.

This might lead to some people abusing the system, sure, but I think the good something like this could do would outweigh the abuse potential (as, after all, it is solo content and doesn’t really affect other players ability to have fun playing the game).

I have some good news; already exists. For older raids you can still stack a Determination buff when doing them in LFR.

I started this game in 9.1.5 but thanks to being able to queue for LFR raids (and some kindness from strangers) and the Determination buff, I have one of each raid set done for my class for all of BfA and most of the Mythic sets for Legion (didn’t need a buff for Legion).

As for dungeons there’s no need for a debuff, they’re easy enough as it is.

Now I do play FF and in pure story instances this system exists where if you fail, you’re able to select a difficulty (including very easy). But for actually dungeons and trials they expect people to all do it at the same level.

I have a pigeon brain and I’m able to accomplish this. I believe people younger than me or even older than me can do it too.

That feels unnecessary. They just need to apply Legacy buffs for past expansions the way they said they were going to. Legion raids should be completely soloable while asleep at this point, and BfA should be the same way the moment 10.0 launches.

3 Likes

The OP did not link the thread for some reason.

Here is the thread in question. The game does not have solo ability for current content which was the core part of the thread.

Ah, knew I forgot something, when posting a reply, sorry bout that.

But yes, this was specifically for Solo content (it even says ‘solo accessibility’ in the title!) With solo content not affecting other players, I don’t see why people are so invested in denying accessibility and difficulty options to it.

I would agree with the concerns for current content. I can see why there may be roadblocks for some players to experience content. My initial response was in regards to older content.

And I agree that ‘legacy’ content should be easier than current content. The big problem is that alot of current content isn’t accessible to a swathe of the player base due to various reasons, yet is constantly being pushed forward with forced pop ups or things as soon as you log in and at times it comes across as the game going “HEY LOOK AT YET ANOTHER THING YOU CAN’T DO, DOESN’T IT LOOK FUN?”

What would be an example of something that is advertised but is not able to be completed by someone queueing up in the auto-system?

Korthia when it happened was very unapproachable as a more solo player (to me anyway). Half the time I couldn’t even see things that were happening with swirlies in the ground, the ‘purple’ outline on interactable was invisible to me at times as well as it wasn’t outlining evenly around things (same issue happens in old content on the purple highlight too though) and even now I still have alts who, on logging in regardless of where they are, get the primus pop up for ‘go to korthia’ start up, then there’s the ‘adventure guide’ pop ups that happen too which show the current raid stuff as a ‘hey do the raid’ which, again, has that same sort of ‘not every one can do this content, but lets shove it in their face’

And don’t even get me started on constantly having to tab out and go ‘what is this’ to look things up on wowhead so that things can make some level of sense to me.

Then there are some of the ‘puzzles’ like the shapes and borders one, I actually have to put on sunglasses to make things out clearly for that to count the borders at times because of the ‘light bleed’ on it being too much.

That sounds like an issue with your graphical settings.

Gameplay-wise, Korthia was completely soloable when 9.1 launched.

I don’t mean to be rude but there’s nothing at the most basic level that requires looking up guides in this game as long as you actually read the quests and instructions that the game is providing to you.

Again, graphical issues. Turn your brightness down, maybe?

The auto system has other humans in it. The intent of my post that the OP references is SOLO play.

I want to see the current story solo - which includes raids and dungeons. I listed a lot of reasons for that in my post.

1 Like

For raid I’ve tried my luck at LFR and so far it’s worked well.
I have some understanding difficulties so I’ve used a skill helper.

But it’s paid off;

https://i.ibb.co/7Rsnbq0/D2-A23-B2-C-B9-E3-42-D6-B680-22421771-BF5-A.jpg

I agree with the visibility issues of items in Korthia (I started this game in that patch, so Korthia has fond memories). ZM doesn’t seem to be as bad. I can barely tell the purple ones but it’s a blessing we don’t have to do it anymore.

Fair mira, acknowledged.

On older content: To complete the ‘Tale of Two Sides’ acheivement (might be the wrong name, but the one for completing the b4a war campaign for both horde and alliance which unlocks a horde horse mount and an alliance wolf mount) requires you to do things that don’t unlock until level 50, meaning you have to do dungeons like Shrine of Storms, which has ‘mind control’ mechanics making it 100% unsoloable, even with token buy armor (the stuff you get from the anima vendor guy just inside ZM) and last time I did the Heart of Fear, the Empress had the same mechanic, still, although I was doing that when b4a was the newest content, so maybe it’s been finally fixed

1 Like

With ZM gear you’d mow down Lord Stormsong before he has a chance.

There’s been some questionable mechanics I’ve seen doing some recent raids. Zul mind controls you and compels you to jump off was a tricky one :rofl:. And stuff like Opulence needing two people.

I haven’t done anything before Legion so I’ll take your word for it regarding the queen.

She can also be one or two-shot well before casting any mind control abilities.

1 Like

This depends on class/spec, my alliance toon is a prot warrior, as I tent to do solo content with tank specs for the survivability/don’t like to feel stressed and like I have to micromanage my health/casts when just trying to have fun.

I’m giving tank specs a go! I hit 60 on the 29th. I’ll give it a crack on my baby Brewmaster and let you know :kissing_heart:.

Edit: beat him! though i think brew by inherent nature is cheating cause as soon as he’s on 80% Touch kills

With Touch of Death you can just cast yeetus deletus on things yeah, prot war doesn’t have any ‘insta burst’ like that sadly

FF14 does this through it’s Trust system, using NPCs to fight with you. Apparently it was a big enough hit that they are expanding on it. In Endwalker they added it to be used in the story Trials but I think they might expand it to normal raids as well.

1 Like