Cats should have Mortal Wounds

Cat bites are dangerous.

Cat bites can make deep puncture wounds that are hard to clean. The nature of these wounds allows bacteria or other organisms to become trapped deeper in the skin . Due to this, and the fact that cats carry many types of bacteria in their mouths, a bite can lead to infection.

Cats should have mortal wounds as a result of this. PLEASE… I hate using ugly pets in arena.

1 Like

All animal bites are dangerous.
In fact human bite is even more dangerous. Your hunter should just bite things when enemies get in melee range.

3 Likes

lmao.

Cat bites are more likely to get infected than dog bites… and Hyena is basically a wild dog.

In my opinion, pet skins should just be an aeshetic choice.

• Give us a dropdown to decide whether they are Ferocity, Cunning or Tenacity.
  • Another drop down to decide if they get Mortal Wouds, Slow, Dispel, Defense, Dodge, etc.
  • Exotic Abilities, Tricks and Bonus Abilities can be left on individual models.
8 Likes

Man that would be something.

I wish this would be implemented.

That’s a dream and a half.

Hyenas are more related to cats than dogs

+1

Or just… return Beast Training, revamped into rings of choices a la Azerite Powers. A tab for each of our pets available to Call. While we’re at it, include a tab for ourselves, so we can have +movement speed even while our pet takes Leech, for instance.

1 Like

Rings like Azerite powers would lock in those choices. With just a dropdown menu, we could keep the same pet skin and just change it from one spec to another based on the fight needs. Being able to swap it on the fly wouldn’t break anything, because we can already carry five pets with us and essentially do the same thing. This would just give us the option of keeping the same aesthetic.

Also, a ring system would need a lot more coding than a simply dropdown in the pet spellbook. Unlikely a change that large would be done before Dragonflight launch.

A drop-down menu has the very same mutual exclusion. The only difference is that dropdown menus require a button per set of mutually exclusive option you wish to add. Having a separate pane requires only one button, no matter how many sets of choices you add.

Here you need two buttons just to manage choice of passive, unfortunately bundled utility, and MS/Snare/Purge/Defensive, and there’s still nothing available for Lone Wolf.

I’d hugely prefer that to what we have now, but ideally I’d go the step further and allow for a larger number of sets of choices,be able to use Master’s Call even while also using Leech, etc., and be conveniently able to adjust the passives and abilities for self and each pet via single, intuitive pane.

I agree that would be better. I’m just saying it’s unlikely we’d get something that complex in the short window left. Whereas as a couple simple dropdowns can be added to the game easily enough without requiring any new UI elements.

1 Like

It’s pretty wild to me that there hasn’t been any conversation at all about pet changes, outside of Bear HP buff.

1 Like

This would be amazing. I wish we lived in a world where that could happen, but as-is Blizzard won’t do that because it would make the pvpers upset they can’t instantly identify our pet abilities on sight in 3v3s, and as we saw with the completely unnecessary increase of revive pet cast time at the start of the Shadowlands, pvp is king.

If they use that as an excuse, it’s a cop out. Just give the pet buffs that show what spec and abilities they have. Serious PvPers just use a plethora of add-ons to give them all this information anyway. I’m sure Gladius would be quickly updated to alert players that the opposing Hunter pet is a Ferocity pet with Mortal Wounds.

1 Like

Yeah, that would be super easy to add a widget somewhere to see this info. I think it’s more likely that Blizzard-Activision doesn’t want to spend .0000000000036% of their billions of dollars to hire an extra dev.

And cats should be able to knock small npcs off ledges.

5 Likes

Hey my raptor is a beautiful happy lizard boy :frowning: . But yeah I agree, we should have more choice in what kind of pet we get to use. I’d like to see some form of the pet talent tree hopefully return at some point in the future but I doubt it will unfortunately.

I’d like Mortal Wounds to be attached to Hunter’s Mark via a talent in the class tree.