Catalyst Failed (can a moderator lock this ****)

I know how tier works. The tier pieces from the raid all share a set name, even the ones that don’t have the bonuses baked in. The catalyst was positioned as “get your tier set” without distinguishing between a part of the set, and having a separate bonus that we all want. Everything lined up new folks to potentially fail at their first use. I mentioned all of this already, so it seems you’re trolling, apologies if you’re replying and just not reading.

1 Like

It does not and it tells you if there is a bonus and players need to read there is no excuse

1 Like

people still forget- the term “tier” means current raid. tier set refers to the actual pieces listed, along with the number of pieces needed to activate bonuses.

to anyone thinking they’re gonna be cute and say, “but muh boots didn’t turn into tiers!?!”… show us on the tierset list where it says there’s boots with bonuses on them… we’ll wait.

Yes I did read, but did you?

I’m not reading 300+ replies. I’m just correcting what you’re saying because it’s entirely misleading. A set bonus is just that. If people want that, then they need to see what the piece they’re converting is going to change to.

it does though. Why call it a “set” if only parts of the “set” form to make a whole bonus, and some don’t? The implication is there. Especially to a new/casual person that’s never really had their hands on tier before. They’re not going to expect the 3 paragraphs of bonus explanation, they’re going to expect to see it contains the tier name, which it does, and assume they will be 1 set piece closer to the bonuses.
You can deny it to save face for these very important forums I guess :+1:t5:

1 Like

Hey guess what happened? A UI bug saying it was converting to a bonus piece! Isn’t that crazy?

No you didnt because you have two pieces and you knew already what had set bonuses and you should have ruled out everything but shoulders gloves and leggings before you went to the cc

Your at fault

1 Like

once again you have failed to read what actually happened.

Because its an outfit set not all bonuses

1 Like

People were excited to get tier and they rush to catalyst and put their non tier gear in not paying attention and didn’t get any tier or 2/4 set. Blizzard did warn you about this countless times and yet here we are. You made your bed, now you laid on it.

Where did Blizzard warn people?

edit; ooooh right, on the forums. Outside of the game.

I read whole thread you failed when you chose boots before you went to the cc

You’re correcting nothing. You are noise. If you’re not going to read what I wrote, then don’t reply. Having the “Set” name on your gear implies that you get the bonus if you haven’t had your hands on tier before. You may know, and I may know that’s not the case, but it is not using a lot of brainpower to understand a newer player isn’t going to know this out of the box.

No, I did correct it. You’re trying to confuse the two, and they are not the same thing. We all know why most people want to use the catalyst, and it’s for the bonuses. People need to read if they want them.

Yes, and that is the information people getting their hands on tier to complete “sets” to reap the bonuses weren’t explained. Thanks. Have a good day.

1 Like

just going to copy paste this for all of the knuckle draggers

No it doesnt at all

Having set bonus on gear implies set bonus stop trying to make excuses for players being dumb

1 Like

We dont care either whether you care

So then why don’t you go back to your hut?