Cataclysm was the single greatest WoW expansion to ever release

People hate on Cataclysm but it had:

Firelands / Dragon Soul, both incredibly well done raids and zones with loads of nostalgia :white_check_mark:

Flying in Azeroth which was the best thing to ever happen in WoW :white_check_mark:

Transmog feature which was also one of the best things to ever happen to WoW :white_check_mark:

Class Balance was actually better than any other expansion, many classes had really fun to use abilities :white_check_mark:

Had the best story/lore out of ANY expansion as it set the stage for everything else :white_check_mark:

People are NOT giving Cata it’s credit, but when it comes out as Cata Classic I predict it will be so wildly successful that it can beat our any other iteration of Classic.

8 Likes

Hah hah hah hah.

Your cute. I like you.

2 Likes

I’ll apologize now.

If they want to change Wrath, I can only imagine how much they’ll change Cata.

1 Like

Lowkey, watch them completley fix all the raid problems by “accident” lol

1 Like

This is one of my most disliked retail features half reason I don’t play.

Cata was great but when that came in retail wasn’t for me anymore.

2 Likes

You’re not actually wrong.

Wotlk so over hyped it’s insane.

We all did Naxx now so we gonna get 4 months of 10 and 25 man Naxx in a watered down version and we just spent 6 months doing the harder version.

It has repeat raids and 3 single boss raids.

It ends on a trash raid tier.

Only good thing with wotlk is ICC and Ulduar.

Cata had 1 big issue and that was 6-7 months between content unlocks, Classic Will fix that.

Cata had better heroics and better raids overall.

5 Likes

Can’t tell if OP is being sarcastic or not lol, but I will say I really enjoyed Cataclysm. Single greatest WoW expansion? Big nope. Just like some people love root beer or black licorice. There is no accounting for taste lol. A good example? I absolutely LOVED Vashj’ir and thought it was a really cool concept for a zone. Probably the most universally hated zone of Cataclysm by most people lol.

1 Like

What’s better than Cata?

It wasn’t as bad as it was received at the time. However, in order to play an old mmo, especially one I played in its opening chapter, it would have to be really good. It is not that. Even if they don’t do stupid things like make ultra hard heroics that are abruptly nerfed (from superhard to lfr difficulty in a few months), there’s nothing that stands out as “must play” content.

For the lore I’ll probably stick out LK. It had problems and isn’t the end all, be all its made out to be, but it is the end of the original WC3 storyline. Legion had that benefit as well, and really closed out WC for me, short of a reboot, reimagined project. Which would be risky as heck for Blizzard and not likely to happen…

Cata ruined paladins… :unamused: on cata classic

no hate just classic goes up to wotlk then just play retail

I think you’re wrong. I think classic will drop off hard after wrath. Cata was the beginning of the game feeling like retail. Not that retail is bad, but people who like classic won’t like cata.

I’m on the fence about whether they’ll just continue on through the expansions or do some classic+ type deal, but in all honesty if they kept going I wouldn’t play again until Legion.

1 Like

I definitely agree with this. The cataclysm alone that destroyed the old world made a lot of people quit. The expansion itself wasn’t really anything special. I don’t even remember doing any of the heroics/raids outside of riding on a dragons back and fighting fire tentacles. That was the most memorable part.

1 Like

Classic goes up to Phase 6 then progresses through The Retail Portal.

Only time will tell, right? I only liked the first tier of raid personally, and I felt classes were extremely boring in cata as well. I personally felt Firelands and Dragon Soul were extremely boring.

Another reason I disliked it was because of the pvp changes. Classes became ridiculous with all kinds of self healing, MS nerf, magic dispel to all healers, heroism removed from arena, rbg’s giving more points forcing people like me who dislike rbg’s to play them to stay competitive in arena which I do like.

There’s a lot of reasons. The biggest one is simply that classes felt more fun in wrath. This is more my own opinion, and I won’t act like I know what the entire player base as a whole feels on that matter, but I do think that people who like classic enough to play it full time right now will not enjoy many of the systems cata brings.

Your opinions are wrong. My opinions are right. You should agree with mine. They’re the right ones.
:axe:

Lol, now I know you’re a troll.

As a veteran of Cata, it had merit; even if it wasn’t perfect.

But I preferred Classic. It would be interesting to see, with a re-release, what they could do to make it feel less cataclysmic, and more classical.

Still, I hope they’ve got a sequel to WoW lined up somewhere on the wing.

The raids were all just solid.

Idk Cata has overall better raids than WOTLK.

1 Like

For people who are mainly into raid logging after initial release Cata will be fine. I don’t think it will be a great success however. We had a discussion on our guild discord about how people felt about post-wotlk re-releases. There was only a small interest in Cata.