Cata Archeology digsites appear after learning grand master?

Digsites are not popping up in cata zones @ 450. myself and multiple other guildies have been arch farming since yesterday, Not a single digsite has popped in a cata zone.

my how wrong you are

1 Like

I ltierally have three digs in Twilight Highlands. Soooooooooo

This was a known issue. It was fixed in the hotfixes of May 1 that you can see stickied at the top of this forum.

People who had already had digsites spawn in Cata zones before that hotfix were not cleared, which is why some people may still report seeing digsites there.

all of my kalimdor digsites are currently tolvir and 1 of my ek is also twilight highlands, idk why you think ppl would randomly make this up

https://gyazo.com/ba858d16791c46bbe078fd1dfbf688a9

1 Like

We had to approach this issue in two steps. First, we fixed the bug a couple of days ago, so that it won’t happen to players who max their Archaeology.

Second, we’re working on a fix for players who hit that point before the first hotfix. This second fix is a work in progress, and we don’t have an ETA on it just yet.

3 Likes

thank you very much for the reply, people have been going a bit crazy over not being noticed

Okay. Thank you again for the response this is really all I needed to hear. Save us from the torment that is Northrend Archeology though.

now address the bugged artifacts not spawning, IE (Pterrodax Hatchling) …Nobody want fossil dig sites its just wasted time at this point with everything else fossil discovered.

Archaeology is terrible. Make it better by not making us farm a staff for over 40 hours. this is cata classic give us some QOL. We hate this stupid grind.

2 Likes

Is it confirmed that not all solves are possible like the Pterrodax Hatchling and many Dwarf commons? We cannot finish these races because of the solves that don’t seem to proc for anyone in game.

3 Likes

Its more or less confirmed by the community that when they disabled cata sites from spawning that some spaghettit broke and they cant be obtained. People were able to get them before that hotfix

As others have stated since the hotfix it it not possible to get the Pterrodax hatchling for fossils, Bones of transformation for night elves (perhaps more for them), innkeepers daughter for dwarfs, as well as multiple common finds for dwarfs.

Because of this you can’t finish the races obviously and it is making the grind for other races like troll even more painful than normal. Please fix.

3 Likes

Is there a ETA when its getting fixed or is it gonna be a “we delay until patch is out” thing

Yeah it’s literally a predatory system at this point with how insanely RNG 100% of its layers are constructed. (lets not even get into how it appears to be counter-weighted for classes to get the opposite of what their epic item is - physical dmg getting mostly dwarf sites and casters getting mostly troll)

It’s all the fun of gambling but with none of the fun. I’ll just be waiting until raid for my weapon upgrade if the arch system is going to stay this horrible.

there’s a reason why people dont do it and didnt do it back then. You’re experiencing it at this moment.

To be fair back then it wasn’t common documented knowledge that there were a few awesome pre-raid BiS items available. The RNG problem is more apparent now because everyone’s dogpiling on it.

1 Like

Let’s not pretend like the grind isn’t worse now because Classic devs can’t code or test anything.

2 Likes

People are digging (and complaining) now because it is one of the only meaningful means of progression at the moment. As soon as May 20th rolls around and people get back to leveling and dungeoning there will be an extreme drop off in people actually “caring” about archeology and its drop rates.

That being said, I do hope they address the missing rares.

1 Like

The semicore people were plenty aware thanks to wowhead spiking in popularity. Arch just wasnt available till launch and there were much more constructive uses of time like farming dungeons for prebis.