Casual PvP battlegrounds are completely, utterly broken

And for casuals who didn’t want to get roflstomped in Random BGs. You are displaying a clear lack of knowledge of previous expansions PvP gearing systems.

6 Likes

The threads about getting stomped. I’m saying it’s always been this way. Reread my first post.

You could get the gear from randoms, is the point everyone is trying to make to you. You didn’t have to do anything else to have your BiS. Suffer for like a weekend and you’re competitive. Not possible in unrated content now.

7 Likes

Even in wod a weekend wouldn’t get you even close to full pvp gear via honor. Conquest was much, much faster. Full set was like 200 BGs and you HAD to win, if you lost every BG it took significantly longer.

And I’m saying you have no idea what you’re talking about and constantly side stepping the clear point that’s being made on how casuals could actually compete in Random BGs against high rated players. Again, you are showing how much you know.

4 Likes

Okay it was 13 ilvl, 10ilvl, 13 and 13 over the seasons in TBC, looked it up on wowwiki. Still not as bad as 26 item levels right now. And the first season only requires rating on shoulders and weapon according to https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/beta-arena-rating-update-may-15/964984

1 Like

Welcome to how it use to be. PvP scaling sucked. It’s kinda what BGs were always about were stomping the freshies.

You’re not counting for resilience though. It was huge.

Exactly. No one expected to roflstomp anyone in blues or greens but they knew that if they kept playing random BG’s eventually they would have enough gear to at least hold their own. As it stands now, you have to outgear unrated PvP just to participate more than just waiting at the WSG GY where the enemy team has you on farm.

There’s no sensible reason that “running mythic dungeons and raids just to get to an entry point for casual pvp” should be acceptable. That defeats the idea of casual play or casual/unrated battlegrounds.

15 Likes

Nope. They fixed the problem in MoP/WoD and are only recreating the problem in SL.

4 Likes

You think you can get 1850 and 2k? Lol. It’s more hardcore than now, at least you can get the item level now.

Yeah, will have to see. There’s enough time until 9.1.5 though…

It’s super late in the patch and even the low level RBG gear is 200+ilvl at this point for a long term casual. The gearing and non-scaling is just not good for alts at this point or people who came in really late.

It certainly would and it did. I could get full honor gear in a long day in Ashran. Which I did on the 17 toons I got in full conquest gear in wod, including 3 that were conquest capped for season 3.

You have no clue.

2 Likes

You mean the lesser gear? We’re talking about the conquest gear.

With all the changes to gearing since WOD it definitely has not always been this way.

4 Likes

We’re not. We’re talking about how long it took to get honor gear, which you claimed couldn’t be gotten in a weekend in wod. You were lying. Everybody did it.

I clearly remember doing BGs for a few days to get a single piece of conquest gear via honor in WoD. They said to get equal gear as in max gear via honor. It was not one weekend or a single day lmao. I want video proof.

Yeah, me too, but I still keep up with what’s going on to see if retail/pvp might be fun again. Doesn’t look like it but a person can hope.

1 Like

That’s irrelevant. But with a full set of honor gear gotten in a couple of days, a player could start to work on his conquest gear, which was only 10 wod ilvls = 3.5 SL ilvls difference.

You want me to come up with video proof that you’re lying? We all know you are because we were there and did it. Anybody who spammed Ashran could get honor gear in a long day. It took a couple of months to get full conquest gear. I never did rated PvP.

5 Likes