Casual BG experience

A little background I mailed a resto shaman and did a good deal of raiding durring the argent tourney durring wrath. I have come back to WoW and really only have interest in doing a couple BGs a few nights a week. I want to be competitive but really don’t have the time to keep up with current gear and whatever else I need to be competitive. Now my question is this. Am I better off picking a bracket (10-19) (20-29) (70-79) and then capping my level and just gearing there and never even bothering to upgrade my account to BFA? Is twinking even a thing anymore? What level brackets do people even play? Thank you for any replies in advance and thanks for reading.

Last I checked there was no longer an option to turn experience gain off, so twinking requires more investment in leveling new characters and gearing now. I’m not sure I’m fully up to date on that.

There is a “Conquest” system at maximum level that allows you to stay competitive in gear, but it requires five or ten hours a week of play in battlegrounds or other PVP activities. It resets each season, but the current season has been around for a while and will probably last until late in the year, so you’d have to do some catching up.

I am similar to you and recently returned… casual BG’s are utterly broken. There is a system where you can bring a fully geared level 120 friend into whatever level BG you are. I have played 3 BG’s in the 20-29 bracket and every one of them had a DK or Rogue that was level 120 “scaled” down to 29 and they absolutely wrecked face with no competition. Did more damage than the top 5 on my team combined.

1 Like

This is wrong, you can still enable/disable xp gains. Last I heard though, and I have not been active, twink brackets got killed off?

I could be confused or out of date. I remember their doing something to kill twinking, but maybe they backed off.

Ah, at one point they weren’t going to let higher level characters turn off XP to try and stop the 110 twinks. (That wasn’t about battlegrounds, though, but people using those twinks to sell powerlevel from 110 to 120.) They ended up backing off and instead just made it so that manually forming a group with someone with XP off nerfed your XP gains.

1 Like