Castsequence macro reset

Hi all,

I recently rerolled WM monk and since Reverse Harm and Tiger Palm are similar skills (40 energy, 2 chi generator), I’m trying to make a castsequence macro for both skills.

The idea is to cast Harm 1st, then cast Tiger Palm until Harm is off CD (10 sec). But I’m failing in getting it done right. It just don’t reset after the 10 seconds.

Here is the macro I found:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=10 Reverse Harm, Tiger Palm, Tiger Palm, Tiger Palm, Tiger Palm

It reset only after I use all of the Tiger Palm skill I put on the macro, regardless of the timer.

Can anyone help me in this one?

The reset timer counts down from your most recent button press, not from the beginning of the sequence. So each time you use Tiger Palm, the reset timer goes back up to 10 seconds.

4 Likes

Ok, i get it. It’s a shame… Is there any other way to do it? (aside from using modifiers or the “just use another keybind for it” comentary…)

Nope.

10char

1 Like

Yes, but it requires you to have gnome sequencer enhanced mod installed and to make 2 separate macros that were made using that mod (only 1 macro needs to be put in the bar but both macros must be made and usable). You have the main macro which would look like this
/click macro2
/cast Tiger Palm

have the second macro named macro2 look like this but change the # to how many seconds you want to wait before recasting this.
/click pause #
/cast Reverse Harm

If done correctly it will pause the /click ability in macros for a set time which will prevent it from clicking that macro untill the timer runs out and if gnome sequencer runs into a skill it can not cast due to cooldowns or any other reason it skips it. Alternitively, you could just make a modifier button to activate one and that would not require any mods to be installed since it can be done with the wow macro ui. So it would make it to where you cast 1 skill when pressing that button normally but if you hold ctrl, shift, or alt, while pressing it that casts the other skill. For example:
/cast [nomod] Tiger Palm
/cast [mod] Reverse Harm

You could also add more to it getting up to 4 different actions from that 1 button using the button modifiers so each skill responds to a different modifier like
/cast [nomod] Tiger Palm
/cast [mod:shift] Reverse Harm
/cast [mod:ctrl] skill 3
/cast [mod:alt] skill 4