Cast animations not showing up with chain casting

+1

Experiencing the exact same issue presented by all the people above.

• Characters simply stand (arms at their sides) instead of showing the usual casting position
  • Happens with every spell with a casting time I have tested
  • Only happens when I’m chain-casting with minimal delay between spells, but the issue occurs 100% of the time when I do
  • Tested on both my mage and a low level warlock and both are having the same problem
  • Only started happening today after the patch was installed

Needless to say this is extremely annoying when playing a class that’s constantly casting spells, please fix as soon as possible.

1 Like

+1
Same outcome here. Really annoying. Thought i broke my Lock

This is very annoying, hope it gets patched quick!

+1 Happens on my mage

Same issue on all 5 of my accounts on all my casting toons. Several people in my guild have mentioned it.

+1 Same problem.
Just hopping on the thread so I can see when we get a blue text response

Thanks for the reports about this, everyone. We are aware of the issue and have a fix in the works now. We hope to have a hotfix out for this very soon.

11 Likes

Same here. Glad to know its a game bug and not an add on issue, but it is extremely annoying and hopefully will be fixed soon.

1 Like

Any updates on this?

No updates so far, I was really hoping for a fix today but apparently that was setting my expectations too high.

I completely removed everything inside my addons folder and the glitch still persists on my end, so it’s definitely not an issue with addons.

I’ve seen multiple threads about this on the Blizzard forums where plenty of people were reporting the exact same thing and expressing how it negatively impacts their gameplay.

Can we please, please get a fix as soon as possible?

1 Like

+1
It’s happening to me too. Incredibly frustrating

how?

its kinda annoying but you should not look at your animation, you should look at your cast bar

I’ve also noticed this bug. Overall, doesn’t affect game play so not a huge issue but your character’s actions end up being inconsistent with posture. I subconsciously use the posture as a visual queue/confirmation that I am doing the right thing (in a raid for example while chain healing) and it did throw me off a bit at first though I’ve gotten used to it. Definitely looking forward to it being fixed!

There was a client patch today (July 14 build date). It is now fixed. Thanks Blizzard.

Yeah my druid healer sometimes isnt doing animations anymore too. thought it was like animation spell batching that sometimes happen when you cast buffs but literally no animation while casting is a bit weird

Getting this problem now months later. Anyone else?

3/16/21 My healer is also having this problem. It is with my spells, my mounts, my anything. I came to look to see if it was something with my settings, apparently it is whatever this is. Is there no fix for this?

Ive had the same issue, all my characters just stop the casting animation for spells, weapons, mounts etc. I can log out, then back in and they work again for a few minutes. It started after the latest patch. It doesnt effect gameplay just weird looking.

Im having casting animation bugs on all charicters of mine
• When i try to mount there is no animation.
• When i try to use ANY hearthstone there is no animation or glow.
Is there any reason for this or is it gonna get fixed as well?

This still happens with wands. Your first use of a wand doesnt show any animation until the wand fires. Makes it really difficult to know if you activated your wand or not.