Captured Firefly

can you use it in pet battles? yes. its a battle pet

1 Like

It comes straight from wow battle pets. i am also currently looking at it in my pet journal and it is a battle pet.

Won’t let me post links. Google wow vanity pets captured firefly

There seems to be a battle pet called Firefly, nor to be confused with Captured Firefly

There are only 5 fireflies and they are all combat pets, i am looking at my journal as we speak, and I see no type of firefly, except firefly totem in the toy section.

I don’t know what to tell you dude. This is a BC drop. Unless blizzard went back and reverted this from vanity to battle I haven’t heard.

We already established it was a BC drop and it drops from the Bogflare Needler and it is a combat pet, anyhow I stand by my original statement.

Good luck, I am not saying it wont sell I am just saying don’t expect to sell it quickly or for as much as you hope. But hey there are people with loads of gold so who knows.

They are the same thing. Captured firefly is the item that drops. When you use it, it becomes “firefly” in your collection and can be caged and resold as “firefly”.

A recurring quirk of the layers of history in the pet system. Even some BFA pet drops have different names for the dropped container than for the pet you get.

1 Like

Yet when I list my expensive/rare stuff in trade
Them: I’ll buy for 1k gold
Me: ‘tells price’
Them: oh… that’s too much.
Me: :frowning:

They are very rare… I have yet to get one to drop. On my old account I used to spend hours trying to farm that thing… I think my account is cursed as I seem to have to AH purchase most of my rarer pets.

Most vanity pets became battle pets when the system was released (with a few exceptions like the argent squire/grunt, the alliance/horde balloons etc not being battle pets)…

I remember going and farming this during BC. It took a while but this was when pets were much more limited, so it was pretty special to get.

I think the confusion is when it first came out it was a vanity pet - as pet battles were not in game. When they introduced pet battles it was changed.

Does that make sense?

:cookie:

1 Like

Hyperbole abounds. Obviously it does because you got this one, easily. I got one by killing mobs whenever my path crossed that area on any alt. Never “farmed” it, but I did get one after a couple hundred kills. Added it to my collection and never farmed up another.

The drop rate is only a little under 1 in 1000. This would be incredibly rare if we were talking about something you could only try for once a week - like the Pandaria world bosses. However, when you can kill 250 of those fireflies in an hour and repeat until you get the pet, the rarity goes out the window. Spend a half hour a day doing it for a couple weeks and you’ll probably get another!

The thing about pets… it’s like comic books or anything else with a “guide” value. The guide is just that - a guide. The actual item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, which is a difficult concept to grasp.

You could list it at 1 million and that person who happens to have ten toons at gold cap comes across it and is happy to pay that price. Or, you could list it at a million and that person never comes across it - for a year, two years or even never. In that case, you could look at the item and say, “wow, no one wants this pet worth a million gold,” or, you could say, “maybe this pet isn’t worth a million gold.”

Base your price on the reality of how hard the thing is to get and the prices of other rare pets. Undermine Journal is, as I said, just a guide, and if you want to make the smartest decision, take a look at the historical data for all NA servers to see where you could make the most money.

IMO, given that the pet can be farmed, the farming is not restricted, and the drop rate is about 1 in 1200, it’s not worth anywhere near a million gold. Or, even 500k.

Indeed, the mean US price for one of these is a little under 200k, with about 40 of them available across NA. If I got an extra drop, seeing that my realm has one up right now for about 300k, I’d price mine at 249 and see where that goes.

But it’s yours - you go for the million if you want!

1 Like

Is that pet obtained in Zangarmarsh? I got it once but “accidentally” deleted it. It was late, I was tired, I just wanted to clear my bags and log out. I didn’t need another pet.

So I’m not crazy lol. Well, no more than normal.

:cookie:

Browncoats for life.

/moo :cow:

I remember farming this back in the day and took way over a 1,000 kills before it dropped.

I wouldn’t farm this even if it does sells for 500K.

Yes, it is a battle pet. Pretty much every vanity pet and companion pet was turned into a battle pet in Mists of Pandaria.

If you use the Captured Firefly, it turns into the Firefly Battle Pet. You can’t just use the item to summon a Firefly anymore.

I don’t recall it being that hard to get. If I have it anyone can get it :rofl: