Can't use a normal phrase in pet name

I have an owl in wow classic I am trying to use the Mrs abbreviation for. However it says the Mrs abbreviation is banned/reserved?

This seems bizarre to me. Just looking for a bit of help. Also is the beloved panda still about these days?

Orlyia does still chime in from time to time.

Additionally, being on the reserved list doesn’t mean it’s necessarily bad, just unfit for the game. If I had to hazard a guess, it’s because Mrs. is considered a title (or prefix in postal use).

4 Likes

Yeah that was kind of the joke. One of the main hunters in my raid has a pet named EagleTwo and I was going to have a MrsEagleTwo. lol

That would be a title, and titles are disallowed in character and pet names.

2 Likes

Hm. Truly unfortunate. :frowning: If anyone has any clever or similar suggestions I’m all ears!

Not making a joke, not trolling

Ok now that we got that out of the way…

Pick a new name. Trying to get clever to get around the tittle will only lead to trouble down the road. Why openly invite it?

EagleTwosGirl/Boy

4 Likes

Or EagleTwosWife/Spouse to go with the Mrs. theming you had in mind.

5 Likes

Or EagleTwosBoo :laughing:

6 Likes

EagleTwosBae

I feel dirty now…

29 Likes

EagleTwoWaifu!

5 Likes

MissesEagleTo

I…was not expecting to actually get suggestions lol. Ty for the input, tbh when I found out I couldn’t use the title I pretty much 404’d on what to name it. I’ll prolly post a screenshot when i name the owl. xD

9 Likes

I’d stay away from this one. Blizzard gets touchy when people try to circumvent naming restrictions with alternative spellings that are pronounced the same.

So a hunter’s pet that misses eagles to?

Yes and no. That tends to be more focused on inappropriate names. This is something that amounts to a title for a pet. I can’t imagine there would be an issue there. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

A name has been chosen!

Hmmm. I can’t include a link but we went with EagleTwosBoo. :3

Ty for all the input and you all have a good one!

15 Likes