Can't upgrade PVP gear, "Item cannot be modified." Why no Blue post? So much for, "Better communication."

So, for some reason half of my PVP gear can’t be upgraded.

Specifically my:

Unchained Gladiator’s Chain Bracers - 239ilvl 2/9
Unchained Gladiator’s Chain Belt - 242ilvl 3/9
Unchained Gladiator’s Ring - 239ilvl 2/9
Unchained Gladiator’s Signet - 239ilvl 2/9

A note, my gloves, Unchained Gladiator’s Chain Gauntlets, were also unable to be upgraded as well. But, since trying yesterday, they were now able to be upgraded to full 4/9 246ilvl.

I have the correct ranking/honor, thus how I just was able to upgrade my gloves to 4/9.

The specific thing just says “Item cannot be modified.”

Is Blizzard working on this? Can you guys help? Is this known?

Thanks!
Frodoe

There, I made the blue post lol… You’re welcome Blizzard.

2 Likes

Same issue for me but with Mythic+ valor gear. I am above 2000 mythic plus score and should be able to upgrade to 246 but I can only go to 239.

1 Like

Oh no! I didn’t realize this was a pvp and pve thing. Hope they are working on a fix asap.

2 Likes

I’m also having this issue, I upgraded my MH weapon and gloves to 246 after getting KSM on my alt character, and then I was unable to upgrade any other items past 242. One ring cannot go past 239 for some reason.

1 Like

Wonder why there is no blue post on this, been a full 24 hours for me, I assume longer. Even a, “we know about this,” post would suffice. So much for better communication to players lolol.

Maybe they’re waiting for their, “yes men,” player council before communicating to us lol.

1 Like

Same issue as well, but just specific items.

1 Like

Sam problem for two days now. Blizzard please fix.

2 Likes

This one is a pain in the hass. I am sure they will resolve it soon. Right Blizz?

Small indie company

Haha, indeed. Too busy putting out fires to pay attention to us now. Although I don’t know what their excuse was before. Oh wait it was our fault.

Same problem

same problem

It’s a problem that is also affecting BfA benthic gear.

Got a response:

Hey, Frodoe

Game Master ***** here. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Took a look into this, I see your having issues upgrading your PVP gear.

We are currently investigating an issue where PVP gear can’t be upgraded.

When hitting the upgrade button the error message “this item can’t be modified” appears.

Currently, we do not have a workaround or resolution that can be provided. We apologize for any inconvenience while our developers work as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.

I understand this is likely not the answer you were hoping for, but as bothersome as it might be we appreciate your understanding given the circumstances.

All things considered I hope I managed to be of assistance and I hope you have a fantastic day.

There, I made the blue post lol… You’re welcome Blizzard.

Hello! Game Master XXXXX here,

Thanks for reaching out to us about not being able to upgrade your PVP Gear.

I’ve added your report to the list to assist our Quality Assurance team in investigating the matter further. I did check for any steps, to help on this one and did not find anything specific that could be applied here.

With that being said I do suggest using the Submit Bug feature that we added in game and posting this on the bug forums. The in game feature will send your feedback instantly and directly to our quality assurance team for review and given the report on this end will get more eyes on what is happening. To use it, simply open the help panel as though you were going to submit a support ticket, then click on “Submit Bug.”

Thanks again for letting us know about this and if you have any questions or if anything else comes up be sure to let us know.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

look at that two of us made a blue post, thanks us lolol.