Can't upgrade my gear with valor, main has KSM

My main has over 2.2k Mythic+ score, but on my hunter, it says I need a higher rating to upgrade my gear with valor. If you get KSM on your main, i thought you can upgrade your gear on your alts all the way up to 246?

The weird thing is, it’ll let me upgrade on my tank, but not my Hunter

Also, if I hover the cursor on my hunter, it doesn’t show my main’s IO score. It does on my tank, though.

They changed it this season, it’s per character.

1 Like

ugh that sucks

3 Likes

Nope, this was last season. This season they made it so that each toon had to run M+ in order to upgrade gear. They thought this would make people happy.

1 Like

yep.

it was a stupid change.

1 Like

2 Likes

Well, I guess it would gear up people way too quick

right? they might actually have fun.

can’t have that.

1 Like

Fun was detected and then neutralized, which is par for the course with Blizzard.

Pretty sure that wasn’t a factor.

you only need 1400 to upgrade valor items.

You’re telling me that Blizzard doesn’t factor in player happiness when making decisions? O.o

They don’t measure “fun”. They measure “engagement”, which according to their definition = “43 minutes”. Taking this adaptation into consideration, how would you measure “player happiness” if you were a Blizzard employee putting formulas on a spreadsheet?

Is it hard to get KSM on two characters?

First, I wouldn’t be putting formulas on a spreadsheet. I’d be in the game completing the quests, observing and reading comments from players so that I could see if they actually enjoy the content and if they are not, what parts are annoying them. That is part of what Alpha/Beta should be about, however, they do not invite the right people to provide them with that type of feedback, and you’re right, using a spreadsheet and assuming that because someone spends 43 minutes in a game means they are having fun is a lot easier.

Definitely not hard, but it can be tedious if you are doing the pug life. I got KSM on my mage and my paladin, but my death knight has been a lot slower just because I’m missing a ton of Vault upgrades and made him last month.

The nice thing about not needing rating was being able to run a ton of lower keys and grind up Valor to pump your BiS while you used supplemental pieces.