Can't Submit A Ticket For A Connection Issue

I’m trying my very best to be patient and understanding. However, for 6 days, I have been unable to create a ticket for intermittent disconnection issues I have been experiencing since launch. I wrote a 3-page diagnostic and troubleshooting writeup on this, referencing all the support articles and forum threads I could possibly find. All to be met with 6 days of “An error occurred while trying to submit. This may be temporary, yada, yada.” So, as you might imagine, I’m a little annoyed.

I would like a direct call-back or email on this issue so I can troubleshoot with an engineer. That’s it!

Yes, I have used a different browser. In fact, I’ve used 4 different machines, 3 different operating systems and 6 different browsers on each. Yes, I’ve disabled my anti-virus, pop-up blockers and other crap you want me disable to play nice with your support platform. And yes, I’ve even tried to categorize my issue as something entirely different. And yes, I’ve filled out all fields, tried uploading one at a time, etc etc etc.

And for my disconnection issue, yes, I’ve referenced every possible help article. And yes, I know how to read a WinMTR read out. No, there is no packet loss or massive spike in latency between any of the hops during the time of my disconnects. No I don’t have any of the network software that’s known to cause this issue. If I could actually submit my report, I could provide you with all this. But alas, I cannot.

I’m off to raid in 30 minutes and I’m sorry that this comes off as bitter and a little rude. I truly apologize, as being in I/S I can sympathize. However, Blizzard, you need to do better than having a broken support system to handle your customer’s requests. And you certainly need to do better than give out boiler-plate responses to the people who have this issue as “oh, well… not our problem. Idk?”

Thank you.

Howdy!

Sorry to hear about your recent issues contacting our support team. You can contact them via a ticket or live chat Here.

Please make sure to provide the WinMTR you ran during the issue. Let them know the IP address you ran it too as well. Along with providing your MSinfo/Dxidag.

Thank you!

Man… Come on. This entire thread is me detailing why I cannot do what you’re asking. For 7 days now, I get this error when trying to use the support link you gave me:

You can’t submit this ticket.

An error has occurred. This may be a temporary error, so please try again later.

3 Likes

So you didn’t like the Answer for what was the cause in your first thread so decided to try another?

If you’re going to be a smart a**, at least make sure your statement is correct. That wasn’t my thread. I chimed in on it to reinforce that, while his issue is likely attributed to his network, it’s a generic error code that doesn’t necessarily fit every instance. And yet, Blizzard pretends that it is.

The MVP that had the comment pretending to have something worthwhile to add wasn’t worth responding to. He didn’t have my data. Generic answers without understanding the issue is exactly why I’m seeking to speak to an actual engineer.

So, move along. Thanks.

3 Likes

No you are being the wiseass by no posting a WinMTR after participating in a thread that showed that would help answer you issue!

The primary issue: Can’t submit a ticket to talk to someone who actually knows what they’re talking about instead of you, the incomprehensibly moronic person who’s offering zero value to this conversation. This is the primary concern for which this thread was started: Being unable to create a simple Technical Support ticket

The secondary issue, my connection problem, can ONLY be addressed by someone at Blizzard — someone who will actually be able to understand the information I’ve gathered. I will not hijack someone’s thread when it was already proved to be a completely unrelated problem to mine, despite sharing the same error-code (which I’ve already told you is a generic one).

As always, you demonstrate a complete and utter misunderstanding of simple context clues. Please, stop acting like you have anything of value to add. You’re out of your depth.

2 Likes

"“96.120.88.145"” is Comcast cable.
If you might be drawing too much juice from your provider.

I had disconnects and it was because I had a old tv hooked with old wiring that was pinched in a doorway.
Unhooked wire no more issues.

If you can not open a ticket with your phone or local computer I would suggest contacting blizzard CS through a PM on twitter. If you have a laptop it is also possible to try a local hotspot or even a work/school computer to open a ticket.

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

1 Like

Typically when an issue is affecting multiple devices, this suggests the problem is network related. Since the original reason for contacting is connection-related this does further support the theory.

As a test, would it be possible to use a mobile phone and disable it’s wifi while submitting the ticket? This will ensure the device is using the cellular network to submit the ticket.

Keep in mind that attachments are required for technical support requests. This may require having a copy of your msinfo and dxdiag on the phone temporarily. If you’re not sure how to do this please let us know.

We can also provide support on this forum page if wanted. Based on the symptoms I might suggest doing a factory reset on the modem/router to ensure it’s not some setting stuck in an unexpected value. It’s also good to ensure the device is wired using an ethernet cable for better stability.

User Background

I have professional experience with troubleshooting complex enterprise infrastructure and am comfortable with advanced technologies. I attempted to be as thorough as possible but have done so much troubleshooting since the game came out that I may have forgotten to mention some things I have done. This also does not exclude me from overlooking something silly (and I probably have).

Issue Background

At least once a session, I will disconnect with the error code (WOW51900319). It can sometimes happen once an hour, twice in 10 minutes or never at all. Every time, I’ve verified that the internet is working fine and voice programs that are actively being used do not experience a drop in quality or otherwise disconnect.

• I have not seen a substantial correlation in the time (morning, evening). Although, anecdotally, it seems to happen more often in raids (server primetime). I am the off-tank so I tend to opt for a quick reconnect to avoid raid-wide repercussions and therefore it seems more dire.

• I had a friend over to use my laptop for raiding one day. It ran on wireless, with no addons, same background programs running. I experienced two disconnects while he did not.

• It should be noted that I had used this machine with addons for a 1 week period and never had the disconnects either.

• It only seems to occur while moving, never while standing still. While remaining completely still or afk is not a common occurrence, it does have a possible tie-in to the problem: input devices. Prior to my disconnects, I’ll sometimes notice my character moving erratically — most typically when moving diagonally (W+D movement, for example) although this is not always the case. When I am kicked to the WoW login screen with the error code, the username field will display the movement characters I was pressing during the disconnect.

• Most recent disconnects occurred at 9:18PM and ~9:28PM server time January 2nd 2020 while in Molten Core.

Network Technology Used

• Ethernet only, wireless disabled in Windows
• 300mbps down, 30mbps up internet
• Ubiquiti network gear

Blizzard Requested Troubleshooting (from various knowledge articles)

1. Reset user interface
  2. Reset network devices
  3. Have done an ipconfig /release & /renew
  4. All drivers and Windows OS updates are installed
  5. Not using wireless connection, disabled in Windows
  6. All other non-essential apps were closed
  7. Windows Hosts file is defaulted
  8. No proxies in use
  9. Windows Defender disabled, no other security programs installed
  10. Router, modem firmware up-to-date
  11. User Interface > Disable IPv6
  12. User Interface > Enable or disable ‘Optimize Network for Speed’
  13. Reinstallation of game
  14. Disable/uninstall all addons
  15. WinMTR gathered
  16. DXDIAG gathered
  17. MSINFO gathered

Additional/Supplemental Troubleshooting

1. Router remains cool, CPU remains between 10-50%
  2. In addition to WinMTR, I’ve also ran my own test methodology:
    a. Ran: ‘ping www.google.com -t’
    b. Ran: ‘ping 24.105.62.129 -t’ (the World of Warcraft central login server)
    c. Waited for disconnect to occur
    d. Stopped both pings and looked for packet loss or high latency (150ms or above). Both showed no packet loss or latency above 50ms.
  3. Capped frame rate at 95 from within WoW client for foreground, 30 for background. Also, turned off frame caps.

WinMTR

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                            192.168.99.1 -    0 | 1170 | 1170 |    0 |    0 |    5 |    0 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |  234 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|crr02euclwi-tge-0-3-0-11.eucl.wi.charter.com -    0 | 1170 | 1170 |    6 |   11 |   78 |    9 |

|dtr02wauswi-tge-0-0-0-7.waus.wi.charter.com -    0 | 1170 | 1170 |    7 |   12 |   78 |   11 |

| crr01onlswi-bue-402.onls.wi.charter.com -    0 | 1170 | 1170 |   11 |   16 |   80 |   13 |

| crr01euclwi-bue-400.eucl.wi.charter.com -    0 | 1170 | 1170 |   13 |   18 |   82 |   14 |

| bbr01euclwi-bue-100.eucl.wi.charter.com -    0 | 1170 | 1170 |   13 |   22 |   85 |   14 |

|   bbr02euclwi-bue-5.eucl.wi.charter.com -    0 | 1170 | 1170 |   14 |   22 |   92 |   21 |

|   bbr01chcgil-bue-1.chcg.il.charter.com -    0 | 1170 | 1170 |   27 |   36 |  103 |   37 |

|   prr02chcgil-bue-3.chcg.il.charter.com -    0 | 1170 | 1170 |   27 |   32 |   96 |   28 |

| 96-34-152-43.static.unas.mo.charter.com -    0 | 1170 | 1170 |   27 |   36 |  327 |   27 |

|              ae1-br02-eqch2.as57976.net -    0 | 1168 | 1168 |   27 |   42 | 1760 |   30 |

|              be2-pe01-eqch2.as57976.net -    1 | 1166 | 1165 |   27 |   31 |   97 |   27 |

|        chi-eqch2-ia-bons-02.as57976.net -    0 | 1170 | 1170 |   28 |   33 |   97 |   32 |

|                           24.105.62.129 -    0 | 1170 | 1170 |   27 |   33 |   97 |   32 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

I am curious about the be2-pe01-eqch2.as57976.net hop, which did experience a 1% packet loss. Not sure of the ownership (Blizzard network device/ISP or Charter/Spectrum’s?

Did this winMTR capture a disconnect? It really helps if it does.

Also,

you can see a significant latency spike on this hop. My hunch is that the spikes after it are related to something here.

Yes, it was during a disconnect. And that was my thought as well. The naming convention on that as57976dotnet hop leads me to believe it’s network device or maybe even a load balancer. But I wouldn’t know… All guess work is based on infrastructure I’ve done in the past. Multiple MTRs show a consistent spike in latency behind those hops, ranging between 120-4700ms. But oddly, the threshold for disconnections doesn’t seem to be uniform.

Telthian,

Considering that the hops that follow those areas go back to normal, it’s more likely slight packet shaping at those nodes, or a very minor hiccup, which happens on nigh every test we see here. Those types of minor spikes are seldom the cause of problems. Your last hops are perfectly fine, so I see no reason why you’d be disconnecting from this current test UNLESS the problem is being masked at hop 2. (I still find that unlikely given the fact that, again, all the other hops look fine.)

You mentioned you reset your UI. When you did so, were you running any addon managers like twitch, raider.io, etc? If you didn’t uninstall them, it’s quite likely that they’re syncing cache/wtf data - potentially even across PCs as they’re designed to do so to make addon installation/configuration easier. If you didn’t remove your addon managers when resetting your UI, give it another try and see how it goes. If it works, usually you can just reinstall your addons after - manually, not using the managers.

I couldn’t remember if I had uninstalled those at any point, but I did everything. Just got another disconnection. According to the client logs (if that helps):

1/11 22:50:56.746  Stop waiting for active player
1/11 22:50:56.751  Client Object Manager Destroyed
1/11 22:51:01.927  Client Destroy

Outside of the standard logs, is there a more robust and verbose logging tool I can use?

I’m going to test client fps capping to a lower value. I run 96 fps cap at 4k (pg27uq) to accommodate G-Sync and the color space I use. I’m going to cap it to 60 and make sure EVGA precision X1 is turned off. I have used different caps using both WoW and EVGA tools, but I haven’t capped the FPS so low. We’ll see how that goes but I still welcome any further suggestions.

Given these two statements I wanted to suggest something completely out of left field, and my apologies if this doesn’t make much sense but given the amount of troubleshooting you’ve already done I figured it was worth a shot.

If the disconnections are specific to your PC and seem to only happen while moving, it’s possible that they are occurring due to a keyboard issue. I have seen certain keyboards cause disconnection issues in WoW specifically while moving (holding W or W+another movement key for example).

Without getting too deep into why this happens with WoW, the gidst of it is this: Some keyboards, whether through their firmware or software, are set up so that if you hold down a key like W the game will register multiple key presses per second instead of a single held down W key. So instead of WoW seeing “W key down”, (hold), “W key up” the game sees “WWWWWWWWWWWWWW”. Those rapid inputs may cause a disconnect. This behavior is usually caused by key repeat rate functions on the keyboard (like a rapid / turbo mode) where it increases the repeat rate beyond the default.

A simple test for this issue would be to borrow a different keyboard from another system, plug it in, and play test the game while in a raid where the issue happens most often.

Again my apologies if this is totally off base, but since I have seen (a very odd) issue like this in the past I thought I would mention it. If that doesn’t turn out to be the issue, well that is one more thing to check off the list!

It’s very possible. I’m using a Razer Orbweaver with an accessibility modification to the joystick, wherein I replaced the factory stick with an Xbox joystick programmed with an Arduino Teensy. The increased ergonomics help a pinched nerve. The Arduino firmware translates the axis of the stick to inputs of WASD - - diagonally would translate to W+D for example.

Your theory could be correct. With the added complexity of the stick being a full 360 movement - - the game could be seeing a more rapid than standard alternating inputs. I have an extra, unmodified orbweaver I’ll use for a few says. Particularly, on raid day (Tuesday) when I know to experience disconnects reliably.

Since I’m very interested in how things work, is this an anti cheat or network/client saturation mitigation mechanism? I only ask because I can sometimes play for hours without this being a problem. But other times, like in raids, I notice it more.

Thank you for your reply and your thoughts! Will report back ASAP.