Cant start legion after a 120 boost

Did u fly to deadwind pass to see if dalaran was there.

1 Like

Yeah I doubled checked itā€™s gone. I did the suggestion by blizz post above about talking to Elysiana and restarting it too.

It looks like you already opened a ticket and received a response but I wanted to follow up, as the reason you were having trouble is fairly common and might help someone else in the same situation.

In your case it looks like you already started the quest line the day before you used the level 120 boost.

For those who get stuck, try looking at your Artifact Weapon quest line to see if you may be part way through one and just need to pick up where you left off. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah they helped me figure it out. What the weird part is I didnā€™t start the quest. I previously used a 110 boost on this toon and than a 120. Yeah I know waste, but I didnā€™t do any quests at all. Thatā€™s why I was confused as to how I supposedly started the quest line. When i never even started legion until I decided I wanted to get the artifact appearances.

I boosted this character to 110 and leveled to 120 in Korrak. I was able to get to Dalaran and have my Dalaran hearthstone, and I was able to get into my class hall (forget how now). But the only quests I could find were Whispers of a frightened world (which I donā€™t want) and The Hand of Fate (which I took and completed the Argus questline). What I really need is Uniting the Isles. Itā€™s awkward and inconvenient not having a flight whistle.

I answered your other post the other day, Boomdoggle. :slight_smile:

Odyn should still have the quest ā€œWeapons of Legendā€ for you.

1 Like

So I have to get an artifact to get the quest ā€œUniting the Islesā€ and get my flight whistle? There must be a way to get one in BfA without doing that.

You have to actually get introduced to the expansion in order to earn things that require progression in the expansion, yes.

4 Likes

I finally got an artifact. I chose a zone and visited it to take the opening quest. The only quest Khadgar has for me is still ā€œWhispers of a frightened worldā€.

I think the problem is that what triggers the quest ā€œUniting the Islesā€ is the act of turning 110, which at this point I canā€™t do.

However, I am a 120 who has world quests unlocked by previous characters. As with having to repeat scenarios that are skippable by alts that leveled up normally, itā€™s possible that it is locked to becoming friendly with all factions, as a new player would have to do. :frowning:

Edit to add: now I am friendly with all 4 leveling factions. Khadgar has no quest for me, not Uniting the Isles, not a Suramar quest, not a Broken Shore quest, not even the Exodar one.

The missing Exodar quest seems odd to me, since Iā€™ve never seen a character of mine without it available before.

I think Iā€™m ā€œintroducedā€. Something is broken if I donā€™t have the Exodar quest.

Legion is no longer a progression zone. It is a leveling zone. I have done some quests in each zone. I have ground rep I should have been eligible to skip. I have done scenarios I should have been eligible to skip. I have done dungeons.

Tell me what I need to do.

Did you figure it out, Boomdoggle? Itā€™s been a few days, as Iā€™ve been out of the office, so Iā€™m not sure what state your currently in. You appear to have a number of quests in your quest log from Legion so Iā€™m not really sure where you are at the moment.

Legion is still considered an expansion zone, until the level changes happen around the time of the launch of the Shadowlands expansion.

2 Likes

No. I started my class hall and am somewhere in the middle of completing it. I am unable to start skinning as a profession, as the quests never drop no matter how much I skin.

However, the skinning quest on Argus did drop for me, but when I try to accept it I get the error message that I am not eligible.

I was able to open the Broken Shore by going there and taking the quest. But the breadcrumb from Khadgar did not appear on Krasusā€™s Landing. Nor does he have Uniting the Isles for me.

It shouldnā€™t be this hard.

No, it generally shouldnā€™t, but you seem to have started a number of questlines in various legion areas and that feels like it might be causing some issues and more than a little confusion.

Looking at your character it doesnā€™t appear that you have reputation with the Nightfallen, which is required for Uniting the Isle. Letā€™s try an open that up. There is a quest called ā€œAncient Manaā€ down in Suramar. Try and make your way there and complete those quests to unlock the area.

Iā€™m hoping once you have Nightfallen reputation Uniting the Isles should become available for you, but weā€™ll see.

2 Likes

I worked up rep to friendly in Legion leveling zones in the vain hope that it would pop that quest.

Is ā€œThat questā€, Uniting the Isles? If so, as I said, you donā€™t appear to have reputation with The Nightfallen on the Boomdoggle character.

The quest I recommended, ā€œAncient Manaā€ is part of the introduction questline to Suramar, which provides Nightfallen reputation. Once you unlock it, Iā€™m hoping it should pick up your account wide reputation.

1 Like

Iā€™ll go check it out now, but if I donā€™t save Thalysra first, I donā€™t think I can turn it in. That comes after the magical whatever quest Khadgar gives.

All of those, your character has listed as completed. Which is why Iā€™m hoping this last one will help.

While I am happy to poke at this, honestly, you should have submit a ticket 23 odd days ago so that a Game Master could take a closer look and likely escalate your character if simple troubleshooting wasnā€™t helping.

Thatā€™s odd, because I hadnā€™t run any quests in Suramar.

Definitely. It might be best to speak with a Game Master about the boost, stating specifically that you donā€™t have Uniting the Isles available, even though you qualify, and that you seem to have quests available that you shouldnā€™t.

Iā€™ve never seen a boost do this, so that is extremely strange.

I boosted to 110 and then leveled in Korrak before starting Legion.

Friendly with Nightfallen. No quest from Khadgar. He thinks he gave me all the quests, but I didnā€™t get them.

Iā€™m having a very similar issue on my DH Esania on Dathā€™Remar.

I boosted that character to 120 and did my BFA war campaign but canā€™t hand in the quest ā€œAn End to the Killingā€ in Stormwind Keep because the phase itā€™s in is before you reveal the demons in the keep. But there are no quests in there to hand in.

Iā€™ve already tried everything in this thread but nothing has changed it.

As a sidenote: I canā€™t enter the mage tower to access any of the portals. I can teleport in from other portals but once I exit it I canā€™t walk back in.