Can't skip shadowlands campaign

What’s the split on your 60+s that have or have not already started one of the zones?

…presumably, you’d have to be level 60 or above to engage Threads of Fate mode – though I haven’t actually tested with any characters that are L61-70.

I have had a mixed result bringing level 60s into SL since the release of DF, some get to do all the skips, some don’t. If they were level 60 during the pre-patch, all went as planned; post pre-patch is where the weirdness begins. Since the release of DF proper, all of my 60 or higher alts have been able to skip the intro to SL, but only a very few have been able to do any of the other skips.

A priori, I could reliably get into Zereth Mortis with Pocopoc already unlocked, now some have to do the full intro to ZM. Some could jump into Korthia fully unpacked with Maw riding unlocked, some have had to do every unlock quest. It is all very much hit or miss.

Those depend on the choice you make in Oribos when talking with Tal’inara during certain parts. You can mess it up by accidentally choosing the wrong path or option, and Blizzard will not fix it for you as they want you to read the options before choosing.

I do not think you understand my meaning. The skips are not always offered (full stop).

1 Like

They are, but not when you think. If you choose the wrong option early on then when you get to where you think the skip should be it is no longer available. I found that out the hard way.

Blizzard cant make people slow down every action has its consequences.

1 Like

You don’t just have to blindly click on options…reading is fundamental.

I mean, when I was experimenting on a level 60, I was able to engage in threads of fate mode even after declining the initial option to start Threads of Fate (where time gets stopped, one of the fatescribes comes up and asks if you want to do Threads of Fate). I completed the leveling questline up until the quest where I was supposed to fly off to Bastion, and I was still able to engage in Threads of Fate mode…

Yeah, you just go talk with Ro’tel or whatever his name is behind the inn in Oribos. The skips are when talking with Tal’inara and they can be taken early on and not when you would think they would be chooseable.

In my case, my character while leveling did the Maw intro in Chromie Time for a few levels while getting through the Maw and after I left Shadowlands to level elsewhere. But by doing that in Chromie Time, it has stopped my level 60 from skipping the campaign cause I started it in Chromie time.

You have to complete the maw and start Oribos to get the campaign skip, and you also have to have had another character fully complete the campaign prior to this.

1 Like

Wait, threads of fate is still there? Can you get it if you skip the Maw intro? Or is it only available if you do the Maw intro?

I have had the option of choosing Threads of Fate at 60. Those characters did the initial maw skip.

2 Likes

Threads of fate is there for level 60 characters only and not before. This was implemented with DF since Shadowlands was rolled into the base game and is accessed through Chromie Time.

2 Likes

My lvl 62 priest (this toon) can’t seem to choose Threads of Fate from the Fatescribe. I don’t remember too much on how I played this priest before DF (I have many many alts) but I just had finished the Maldraxxus zone storyline and was given the quest for Ardenweald. I tried abandoning all the quests and then going to Fatescribe but still nothing. Also, Chromie doesn’t have any options for me either (obviously 'cause im above lvl 60). I thought I could choose to skip the zone stroylines and choose my covenant after reaching lvl 60 or being 60+???

The campaign is finishing all the main quests all the way through Revendreth and then getting sent back to Oribos to choose your covenant. You have to do that on at least one character before Threads of Fate is available to any other level 60s .

I have already done the whole campaign for all zones on another toon (both Korthia and Zereth Mortis).

I was able to get threads of fate on a 60 after doing the Maw skip.

Some people aren’t getting the option, but I don’t think we’ve been able to figure out what the issue is.

1 Like

It seems if the character has already started the Shadowlands questline pre 50 or its an old character that started shadowlands; they will not be able to do threads of fate skip. If you want to do Shadowlands thread of fate DO NOT time walk to Shadowlands. Wait until you are 60 and you will be able to skip.

Boosted Characters will auto be able to start the shadowlands story with the Thread of fate option.

To sum it up, DO NOT TIME WALK TO SHADOWLANDS. WAIT TIL 60/70 TO START SHADOWLANDS STORY via STORMWIND / ORGRIMMAR QUEST