Can't set up Subscription

Since they removed the 30 day game time option, I’m trying to do the monthly recurring sub. I tried setting it up through the launcher first, and it hung on the processing page for ages. I thought it might be bugged, so I closed the launcher and logged into my account through the browser. Well, doing it from my account didn’t help either - I can put in all of my details, but once I hit subscribe, it tries to process for a second, but goes back to asking for payment details. I tried a few times, but nothing changed. When I look at my transaction history, nothing has been processed, and my bank account shows no pending payments.

P.S - Yes, I do have enough in my bank account, and yes I made sure the details were correct every time >_<;

Few things.

A). Try another browser just for giggles
B). Clear your cache and cookies and give her another go.
C). Try on your mobile device that is NOT connected to your home wifi. This will rule out any issues happening on your network.

Hope one of these solves the issue for you.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions, Mastadon!

Unfortunately, this didn’t change anything. What’s weird is, the payment details are saved in my account, and my payment last month worked fine. I checked them over and over, but I couldn’t see any issues. So, it must be an issue with my bank?

I decided to try Paypal, and that worked. The money comes from the same account as my card details, so shrugs it beats me. I’m obviously not a tech savvy person.

If anyone else is having problems paying with a bank card, try Paypal

1 Like

I haven’t had this issue in awhile because I have a subscription now, but I used to have to delete and re-add my payment method every single month when I added game time because the transaction usually failed otherwise. So I think there might be something strange with saved payment information. Using PayPal is a good suggestion. Deleting it and re-adding was the route suggested by support at the time.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll try that next time (just to see if it works!). I guess there is some difference in it being a subscription, rather than a single time purchase. Maybe my card or bank didn’t want to allow the recurring payment…

But anyway, if paypal works, I guess I don’t really have to worry. I’m just curious at this point

1 Like

The easiest way I have found is to go through the main WoW website through the Account settings. Just click your user name at top right corner of the website, select account settings, then "Games and Subscriptions, and then World of Warcraft Shadowlands “Manage”.

Yes, I tried through the website, but it didn’t change anything for me. In case you missed it (I’m not being an a-hole saying that, btw <3) - I used Paypal and it worked. There must be some issue with my bank card. Others suggested removing the bank card and adding it again, so there are two solutions for anyone having the same problem!

Either remove your card details and add them again, or use Paypal :slight_smile:

1 Like