Cant send in a ticket witha super old SMS protect

Is there a way for me to send in a ticket around this and get it removed i have not had the phone for years. If there way a way i could do it without giving my whole RL Id to blizz would be great. Also your new website sucks.

If the only option is to send in an ID or verify an SMS code, then you have to send in an ID. Removing security measures like the SMS Protect requires some pretty extensive verification.

They’re a legit company with a lot of experience in security; you can trust them with your identification.

2 Likes

oh yes so legit you cant send in a ticket without SMS cant log into your account without SMS i didnt even know i had a SMS protection on my account.

Well, WE didn’t put it on there, Marili - presumably you did.

We have to know you ARE you. Otherwise anyone could just pop in a ticket and take over your account.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/316/979/channels

I’d recommend Live Chat. You may need to log out of the website and go through the anon prompts.

5 Likes

Asking for help then making disparaging remarks is very telling.

How about this scenario:

Person A has account with authenticator and just doesn’t want the account to be used. Person B who was Person A’s relative, friend, fiance, significant other wants to gain access to Person A’s account as a revenge tactic and wants Blizzard to not ask for ID to remove the authenticator.

How’s this scenario play out?

2 Likes

sure i put it ther ei am guessing but how long ago? 2 years? 4 years? more? also i already tried that it still asks for my SMS even logged out

If you are logged out, then clear your cookies/cache. If you are logged out it has no way to know you have SMS on that account.

2 Likes

Its not as if seeing my Id proves i own the account just i have the same name, also i dont care that much about my wow account if it was deleted. lol

maybe you can just awnser the question i have anyway lol. I am trying to use gold to pay for my account that has already expired but it says i dont have enough when i do, do you know what might cause this?

It not being in a place the system can access it.

Has to be on the character, not in the bank, not in a guildbank, not in the mail.

1 Like

it is on my character’s i have not had this problem in the past lol

Well, I’m seeing tokens a bit over 115k at the moment, looking at the characters on Tichondrius, the two with the most gold, there isn’t enough gold.

i see the problem now probly its on more then 2

If it is split across realms, yeah - that’s not going to work I’m afraid.

its all on the same realm but more then 2 character’s thanks for the help

The system will pull gold from every character on the same realm. So if combined your characters have enough gold, the system has no problem grabbing it (assuming it’s not in the mail or a guild bank).

So it’s not a problem if it’s on more than one character, but from what Orlyia is saying, you still don’t have enough gold to cover the token.

Edit: Just a side note, if you open a new browser window in Private/Incognito mode, then click on Contact Support then it should pop open a window stating that they noticed you’re not logged in. If you choose the “I don’t want to log in” path and that you don’t know your login, it will let you open the ticket with ID attached instead.

You might want to do this to remove SMS protect from your account.

4 Likes

thre is enough gold alot more lol

One of two things is happening here. Either there is a bug not allowing the purchase of a token from the character screen. Or you are not remembering correctly.

Considering I have not felt the heat from the fire it would cause for scenario a, I suspect it is scenario b. I further feel co fident based on Orlyia comments that it is scenario b

Either you are misrememberingbrhe amount of gold you had(possible), the gold is actually on another license(just as possible if not possibly more), or your accou nt was cimpromised(highly unlikely as there would be no gold left on it if it were)

A lot of times in these situations the gold. Is on another license or the Ayer made a decent AH purchase and simply forgot.

i us ea addon to track my gold and have a low level alt i know i have the gold it just isnt working lol

yeah, there was a major content patch which broke addons. You might wanna update it.

I’m gonna go with this over your assessment, the Blues can see everything.

2 Likes