Can't reset password

I am at a bit of a loss for what to do.

I’ve forgotten my password. When I hit the “Forgot password?” button, it says it sent a code to my e-mail. It never arrives.

I’ve checked the spam folder to make sure it didn’t go there. Rebooted the computer and logged in and out of the e-mail account. I even sent an e-mail to that account from a different e-mail account and it arrives just fine.

This isn’t the first time I’ve forgotten my password. But it’s the first time I’ve had this problem. Not sure what to do.

You should be able to put in a ticket or use Live Chat if it’s available and a GM can help you get back in the game again :wink:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/935/channels

2 Likes

Have you tried sending a test email to the email that password resets go to?

Or setting Blizzard to a safe sender?

1 Like

If you read the post, you would see I have sent a test e-mail to the account.

Added Blizzard as a contact. It shows all the previous e-mails I have received from them, so I know the contact is valid. Still nothing.

Maybe Blizzard and ATT are at war or something. Never had any issue before.

I’m not sure what may be happening, Hruin. I just tried a password reset on my test account and I received the verification email almost immediately. :frowning:

If the issue persists you may need to submit a ticket using the “reset password > I
don’t know my email address”. That will allow you to submit a ticket, live chat or callback request, but require you to attach ID for verification.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

Canceled the account to see if that would trigger an e-mail and it didn’t.

Was going to try the live chat, but I am about to head out to work. I don’t own a cell phone, so taking a photo of my ID is a little tricky. I can get it done, but not easily. There is always tomorrow.

1 Like