Can't queue for NECESSARY dungeons to complete BfA quests anymore

So, I’ve been levelling through Battle for Azeroth with the intent of actually completing BfA’s story, unlocking the allied races, etc. However, I have now reached level 51, and I now seem to be completely barred from queueing for BfA dungeons anymore, and all that is available to me are Shadowlands dungeons.

I don’t WANT to move on to Shadowlands yet. I want to be able to complete the expansion I’ve been playing through, first. Why am I being punished for levelling quickly?? Why am I being told by the game that I am no longer ALLOWED to play through BfA just because I’ve “outlevelled” it?

This is ridiculous, honestly. There is ZERO reason for this. You used to be able to queue for any dungeon, and if it was below your level bracket, you would just be scaled down. Why can’t we do that anymore? Now I am unable to complete these quests and finding a group to run them manually is near impossible.

Why aren’t we allowed to play through an entire expansion if we want to anymore? Why do I HAVE to skip ahead???

Is there any way of circumventing this?? I just want to finish these quests.

If you’re going to tie dungeon queueing to specific levels, then you SHOULD NOT have story quests depend on doing a dungeon. :confused:

1 Like

Youve havent been able to continue doing old dungeons once u out lvl the expansion for many years its been like that for a long time. Its designed this way because being to OP tends to break stuff which is why older raids had to be reworked to account for solo raiding.

You can still do older dungeons you will however have to find a group and run them manualy.

One final note this isnt the place for feed back or a complaint dungeons raids and scenarios is the better place for this or the ingame suggestion feature.

4 Likes

I CLEARLY remember being able to run Classic dungeons even as a high/max level character fairly recently. Like, a year ago.

The only possible solution I can think of, is before you hit level 51, go to the main city and find the npc that turns your experience off. Unfortunately, you cant really go back after you’ve leveled unless it’s a timewalking week. Sorry about that.

1 Like

You should be able to queue for dungeons from old expansions past 50 if you party sync with another player that is below 50. If any dungeons are considered max-level for the expansion, like Operation: Mechagon, the other character would need to be 50, for example.

Edit: also forgot to mention they removed the dungeon requirements from unlocking allied races.

2 Likes

Really sucks that none of this is explained to new players. It’s s convoluted system even for people who have been playing for decades. I can only imagine what a turn-off it would be for someone fresh.

2 Likes

You know, to be fair, that’s been proper stupid for years as well. It’s a sub game, they don’t collect a toll every time you do something in current content. Who cares where people are dinking around, if people want to see an old story who cares if they queue for it. Systems exist to squish gear into old content, hell that’s what timewalking is.

Why they force and taunt and push and breadcrumb people into current stuff is so strange. My lord, they specifically go out of their way to deliberately break old stuff so it doesn’t work anymore just to push them forward. All that does is piss people off, it generates latent ill-will that lies in wait for the next blizzard f-up and it makes the outcomes worse. A content-access based model would be far far better. So there might be some microculture of people who hang out in draenor, so what?

2c. I duno, maybe there’s a reason for it, seems odd though.

1 Like

A new type of play has opened up to the player that reaches level 50.

The custom group finder is on left bottom.
Yes you as a 50 plus player can make a group and meet up at a instance with less than the required 5 player.
Find the enterance and walk in.

Some classes can solo them without a issue others not so much.

Beware the living…

This just happened to me I had no idea that by locking to 51 I can no longer do old dungeons and I’m not making a new guy to do the story all over I just won’t unlock the pirates or mecha gnomes. This game is just stupid gonna go play classic and never come back

You no longer have to do the dungeon quests for unlocking allied races. There is a skip dialogue when you receive the dungeon quests in those storylines.

3 Likes

Thanks it took me a min to track them back down but i was able to complete them thanks to your help :slight_smile: <3

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: I’m glad I could help.