Can't queue for Court of Stars or Arcway

I’m level 48 with my Timewalking Campaign set to Legion. The dungeon finder says that Court of Stars and the Arcway are levels 45-50, but they appear locked with the message “You must advance to a higher level.”

4 Likes

I am in this same situation. I will say that I have xp turned off because I want to stay in Chromie time long enough to finish the profession quest chains. I’m not sure if that is a factor. But if it is, it shouldn’t be.

I’m an engineer and the LAST quest in the Engineering quest chain requires you to run Court of Stars in order to collect an Arcanic Compressor from Advisor Melandrus.

But when I try to queue for Court of Stars there is a lock telling me I have to advance to a higher level. There are also no options for any Heroics at all.

I’m a third of the way though level 49, there really isn’t much higher I can go. Besides, the dungeon is listed as 45-50. SO what gives?

3 Likes

+1, same issue. Level 48, experience is not locked. Court of Stars and Arcway show a lock and “you must progress to a higher level.”

1 Like

So I put in a ticket to find out what the problem was. The short answer is:

You can only queue for Court of Stars and Arcway if you are EXACTLY level 45 and NOT in Chromie Time.

The details:
Since Court of Stars and Arcway were considered Max level dungeons in Legion they are only accessble at what is considered Max level for Legion content. So if you’re in Chromie time, max level is 50, and we all know that at 50 you get pushed out of Chromie time into BFA content.

Oustide of Chromie Time you have to be level 45 as that is considered Max level for Legion. But once you hit 46 you can only queue for BFA content. So if you want to be able to queue for Court of Stars you should lock your xp at 45 in the current timeline and have at it. Otherwise you will have to find and make your own group.

It’s unfortunate. Had I known, I would have done the dungeon when this toon was at level 45. As it stands I will likely leave the Engineering profession quest chain unfinished and come back to it later when I can solo the dungeon.

3 Likes

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life… Come on Blizzard.

6 Likes

Heroic dungeons are only available on max level characters in any expansion. They are not scaled. I don’t think people queue for them anymore anyway. But a level 50 should be able to solo one.

But it’s literally part of the Nightfallen questline, which if you’re following starting at 45, you naturally get the quest for this dungeon at around L48.

This seems like an obvious oversite on Blizzard’s part, they should make normal Arcway and Cort of Stars queue-able for L45-50, do whatever they want with heroic/mythic. Either that or drop the dungeon run for the quest line and just drop in a “show me how you killed X” in it’s place, like they have in Shadowlands, so the player can continue the main quest sequence

Blizzard is bullet proof when it comes to delivering disappointment.