Can't Opt into Shadowlands Beta?

Hello! After learning that the beta was starting soon, I wanted to opt-in for the beta, as I did it for the Cata, Mists of Pandaria, and Warlords of Draenor Betas and was interested in seeing the new expac so far, as well as being interested in helping Blizz however I can.

Except when I try to do so, I get an error. I was wondering what I was doing wrong?

1 Like

What does the error say?

Have you tried using a different browser to see if you can opt-in with it? Sometimes one browser will have a conflict when another doesn’t.

3 Likes

Tried to include an image, but the formatting here apparently doesn’t support it. The error literally just says “Opt-in Unsuccessful”. I’ve tried it over the span of a week or two. I’ve tried with Edge and Chrome. Nothin’.

EDIT: I was able to opt-in with Internet Explorer.

Try fully logging out of the site, and then clearing your browser cache and temp files. Once that’s done, navigate back to the website and sign in again. Once the site shows that you are signed in, try to use the opt-in button.

2 Likes

That does nothing. You can only opt in once.

Like everyone else that opts in.

They are invited because of the Friends and Family program, or because of merchandising. They are the “press” for WoW. They do not take the place of any random opt-in invitation. If they weren’t invited no other player would “take their place”.

If you are interested in getting a “guaranteed” place in beta invites, become a content creator. Those streamers and content creators that get invited put in a lot of work to earn those spots. Way more than a normal player opting in for an invitation.

4 Likes

you just supported all my main points unintentionally, ty

Not really. But I did give a more constructive activity for getting into a Beta than just opting in over and over and over again(when only the first opt in counts). Anyone complaining because streamers and content creators get in are using a false-comparison. They aren’t brought in to find bugs like the ones who opt in. They are brought in for hype/advertising. If you could bring in the viewers that streamers and content creators bring you would be considered for one of those specific invites as well. Negative comments about them because they get specific invitations to Alphas/Betas seem to try to diminish their contribution to the game community at large.

9 Likes

Contribution to their bank accounts no doubt lol

1 Like

Contributions to bringing people to WoW. Contributions like building community, like players have claimed they wanted back in the game. Contributions like visually showing the Devs issues with different events that have resulted in improvements to the game. They don’t deserve the sneering they get because someone who hasn’t put the work in to the game and expanding the player-base downplays their contribution.

6 Likes

Hi, I’m Matt from Los Angeles. A nobody. No followers, no subscribers, no Patreons, no “influence,” unless you count the pictures of my cats and family on FB. Don’t do Insta, don’t do Tik Tok.

I’ve been in three betas. Got tired of it so I opted out of SL.

10 Likes

I got in on the first day of Beta for WoD. I’m a nobody from Nova Scotia, Canada. I’ve been applying for every Beta since the TBC Beta.

Edit:
I have no Twitter, no Facebook, no Instagram, no Twitch, no YouTube. I did write a blog for the Cata pre-launch event. It was private and unsearchable. I only gave the link to my guild-mates. It was walk-throughs of the pre-event quests.

6 Likes

it’s all about the money. streamers stir the pot. not bring community together

That’s just your opinion. It doesn’t make it fact. And they do bring communities together. Otherwise the stream realm in Classic wouldn’t be full.

6 Likes

I get your frustrated that you have not been invited, Madfurrion, but comments such as these are, frankly, ridiculous.

How much you may or may not have spent is not a factor on who is invited. Streamers bring visibility, allowing folks who may not otherwise be invited to a limited alpha or beta the ability to see the content. If all you see is pot stirring, you might try different streamers.

As I fear there is unlikely to be anything productive added to this thread I’m going to lock it up. Thanks, all.

7 Likes