Cant open game after 8.1

Howdy!

So far the Dxdiags posted in this thread are using an Intel HD 3000 which is multiple generations behind our lowest supported Intel Graphics 530. That would mean the system was not supported before or after the patch.

Is anyone having this issue on different hardware that meets our requirements or are you all using the Intel HD 3000 iGPU? Though it’s unsupported, we may be able to still forward this issue to at least be looked into.

Thank you!

1 Like

this work for me… try go to ““C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft_retail_””, right click on Wow.exe > properties > set windows 8 compatibility

3 Likes

Didn’t work for me :frowning:

1 Like

I am curious when you say Intel HD 3000 iGPU … I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 and I am having the same issues. This is not limited to the Intel HD 3000 iGPU … I think it has something to do with Switchable Graphics Optimization, and the AMD or iNvidea cards that are along side the Intel HD cards are not being detected for a very very very long time on load. And even then, the system does not identify them it causes Systems menu to fail to load. Everyone seems to have this same situation of a Graphics heavy GPU that switches from an Intel HD card.

2 Likes

Thanks this worked for me.
Though for Blizzard to know i had this issue with a GTX 970 4gb.

small update. i got into the game by uninstall/reinstall. BUUUUUUT i have to sit a black screen and not touch anything for 7-8 mins before the game will load up, and if i try to open menu and click on system it freezes. got on grabbed my box on 2 characters went for the 3rd and got kicked to log in screen and couldnt reconnect.

2 Likes

It seems like a whole lot of people with Switchable Graphics Optimization, on Laptops are having the exact same problem. I have not seen a concrete answer from Blizzard other than [Your Laptop Blows, Go spend Money on a new one, even though the game was working fine last week]

8 Likes

Any luck guys?

Still nothing for me. Haven’t heard back from anyone. This is beyond frustrating.

I mean most of these graphic cards are eight years old and haven’t been supported for awhile, that they were working before this patch is just lucky. I’m not sure why people are surprised that eight year old hardware can’t run a game. The only other thing is that apparently some laptops are switching to their on board graphic cards instead of the dedicated card. That could also be something that people will have to look into (if people have a dedicated card).

1 Like

Intel HD 5500 and AMD Radeon R7 M260X

UPDATE****

I was able to get into the game, and nothing appears to be wrong. Now the game launcher is still bugged out to hell. I had to sit the black/white screen for 10 minutes before the game booted up. I’m currently in game now but who knows for how long nothing seems out of the ordinary, graphics are fine ect…Blizzard get it together and fix this launcher and game for people -_-

2 Likes

I have exact same stuff. If you find a fix lemme know.

yeah trying but not even 5 min in, and the game looks like it wants to crash all I did was click on the system menu LOL…this game is so jacked up

i have the same issue. after hitting play it’s says game is running, but nowhere to be seen. yesterday was running just fine. only difference from yesterday is that i have updated to the latest nvidia drivers 417.35 before starting the game.

game plays but every single time I click to go into the system menu it crashes LOL

So the fix is to… buy a brand new laptop/desktop at about $2500 per release?

1 Like

No one has said that. But you shouldn’t be surprised that an 8 year old graphics card that doesn’t meet the minimum requirements isn’t able to run the game. I’m currently running it on a system that is eight years old, the only difference is that I upgraded my graphics card about four years ago. So you don’t need a top of line brand new computer, just something that is within minimum specs.

It has nothing to do with that lol…The fact is the launcher is busted and so is the game. I have to wait 10 minutes before my game launches, once I get in, there are bugs but its still playable. They need to fix the launcher.

Another error I found was even though I was able to get into the game I cant even get into the “System” tab in game to change anything bc it crashes when I click System…everything else is fine LOL

1 Like