Cant make a ticket in anyway

Hi I have been trying to change my country and phone number of my account here are the problems i am facing

1. I cant get to submitting a ticket without verifying my account by SMS , I don’t have my old number so i can’t do that.

2. The other option is to submit with gov issued photo ID which is bugged and says connection reset at the end of the image upload.

3. I don’t see a option to change phone number.

If i cant verify i cant talk to CS , im posting here because I cant verify.

Try reducing the size of the image file you’re sending. There is a limit, apparently, and if too big it causes errors like you’ve encountered.

3 Likes

Its a 4.4 mb jpg file. its way smaller that the 15mb limit

Have you tried using different browsers or just one?

1 Like

Just chrome i don’t use others , i have edge i can try

Firefox and Opera are both free alternatives, too.

1 Like

Nope not working tried on edge im not going to download Firefox and opera either an image upload functionally normally works across all browsers

What am i supposed to do now? i can get i touch with support at all ?

Normally. In abnormal situations, abnormal solutions exist. Try the other two before ruling them out.

Or just wait a few hours, otherwise.

As an aside, have you tried deleting Chrome’s cache?

I did clear cache something weird happened the upload progressed to a blank screen with the page header and menu bars but when i checked my tickets there was nothing. I been trying to get a ticket open for 2 days now.

Screw it ill just stick to dota and steam

Is the image limit 15 mb?

I thought it was 5, but could very well be wrong.

I know it is frustrating but understand it is to protect you. It is your best interests they have in mind with this.

While the form does say there’s a 15mb limit, historically I’ve seen it crash if the file is anywhere near 5mb. I would suggest keeping it closer to 1mb which should be more than enough for a photo of their ID.

If the OP can reduce the file size and temporarily disable any anti-virus/security software, the upload should work fine.

1 Like

I’d give Live Chat a try once it is open.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/167/channels

Still need an ID, but you could attach anything then forward it to them during the chat, the limits aren’t as severe in a Live Chat. You might also need to log out of the website and go through the Anon prompts.

3 Likes

I managed to submit the ticket by doing it on my iphone, turning the AV off had no effect , also the image is already less than 5MB . I have no clue why it wont work on my laptop.

Might be a network issue - though disabling an antivirus doesn’t actually turn it off. Only actually uninstalling turns it off.

i was using the same wifi and no im not uninstalling an av to upload an image.

Fair enough, just saying that turning it off for the most part doesn’t actually do so. That’s why it’s good you tried your phone!