Can't log into a character

Hey all,

I am having trouble logging into one of my characters. When I select them I get taken to the loading screen and when the loading bar is full, I instantly get disconnected. The problem is that it is only affecting one character from what I can see. I can select and play others but not this one. I was logged in to him a couple of minutes ago, but got disconnected. I’ve been having this problem with that one character for a week now and I don’t know why it is only him.

If it’s just one character, then that character probably just found them in a stuck place. You can move them to safety using the link below before trying to log back into them again.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/834/solution

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter where they are at though, I’ve had it happen when I log out in Orgrimmar, Sinfall, Maldraxxus, and Bastion.

Then it’s possible that there’s an issue with your UI or possibly even an addon if you’re not able to get logged back into them safely.

It might be worth trying a Full UI Reset to rule that out.

If it continues, a post in the Bug Report forums would be recommended.

I second Perl’s suggestion - if this is happening multiple places, it may very well be a UI issue.