Can't grasp Sub

If we’re using R1 as the metric for viability, then Sub is still viable. It’s difficult to attain that rating, but it can be done, especially if you’re careful with queues. I personally wouldn’t attempt it, but it can still be done, most likely as RMPala with a Fire mage, because the state of Fire mage is absurd.

Since damage isn’t what matters, and Fire can practically solo someone, then all the rogue is required to do is keep the enemy team controlled. Sub only lost Gouge, and while that’s a great ability, you can still keep an entire team Cheap Shot with the current iteration of ShD. Sub is, as you compared, unequivocally the same as it was in WoD S1, just less damage, and Sin gives better results, for far less effort - why play Sub then?

My complaint isn’t that Sub isn’t viable, my complaint is that it’s boring and doesn’t play like a Sub Rogue any longer. It has been viable at times since the rework. It just has an awful playstyle. You may notice my previous comment about how tuning is the very least of its many, many problems?

It did not only lose Gouge. It also lost Garrote, Crippling Poison, Shiv (which is available as a PvP talent but will never be taken), SnD and Premed which were essential to the playstyle, Find Weakness is a measly 40%, need I continue?

3 Likes

Premed and Inevitability could arguably be equated, as they’re a button you press for a minor boost in ability, to smooth out the “rotation.”

Crippling was removed as a spell, but baked into Nightblade - both could be dispelled, so that point is moot, and one is passively applied, while the other is actively applied and has a trait baked into it, thus replacing the “skill” aspect. Plus, the reapplication of Nightblade could be looked at as pressing Shiv. In fact, you could argue that Nightblade is equivalently, if not more skillful, albeit annoying.

SnD became irrelevant with the rework, and it’s a dead talent for Outlaw, as well, so it’s hardly worth complaining about, unless you play Outlaw (it makes more sense as an Outlaw ability, anyway).

Garrote made less sense with the rework and fit in better with Assassination. However, they could give Sub some type of silence that is able to be dispelled.

You’re wrong but I really don’t feel like writing a novel to argue with you at this very moment.

Perhaps instead of “giving Sub some type of silence that is able to be dispelled” what they should do is revert Sub to play exactly the way it played when it was still fun. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Can’t grasp Sub

Neither can Bllizzard, :frowning:

5 Likes

:joy: /10char

I wish they would bring back the McSpaghetti. Tasty, filling, and with the right mog you could rub it all over your face and no one would notice.

I do really well as sub, but I had to go assassination until I got a ton of gear. And you need a least 1 trait of the first dance on your azerite gear.

Imagine thinking you’re correct solely based on opinion. You evidently didn’t do well in your Speech and Debate 101 class, presuming you actually went to college.

What is your spaghetti Policy here?

Imagine questioning my educational attainment because I don’t have the time at the moment to explain in great detail why you are wrong. Is that what you learned in your Speech and Debate 101 class?

I will get to it but you aren’t my highest priority right now.

1 Like

Welcome to the Shoes “Bubble” enjoy your stay!

2 Likes

I’m sure you’re such a busy individual, considering you spend hours on end throwing tantrums about Sub on the forums.

I’m a grad student, have a full-time job and spend much of my “free” time prepping for the LSAT and my studies, yet I still have the time to make a forum post here and there.

He’s just a manchild, and seeing as he’s posting on his Classic toon, the majority of of his points are further irrelevant, despite a handful being at least coherent.

1 Like

Wow, you’re a grad student with a full time job! And you’re prepping for the LSAT! Simply incredible.

My priorities are: 1. family, 2. my job as a software engineer at one of the most successful and innovative companies in the history of the world, 3. my continuing education (which I guarantee is more interesting and worthwhile than whatever form of paper-pushing you are studying), and 4. my hobbies, which this game is only a piece of.

You talk about the importance of Speech and Debate 101 but you resort again and again to incorrect assumptions and character assassination. I see that your education hasn’t done you a damn bit of good.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have some quantum computing patent applications waiting on my review. I’ll get to your poorly reasoned points about Subtlety design when I damn well feel like it.

3 Likes

Oh boy, a software engineer. My girlfriend is one of those for a major corporation as well, and so is her father. She’s in an upper administrative position and he’s part owner of the company - good pay, but she will blatantly tell anyone that her job doesn’t require being intelligent, and she doesn’t have beyond a Bachelor’s and a handful of certs. Furthermore, it’s nowhere near my final salary potential, as my J.D. will be conjoined with a Masters in Higher Ed. Administration and a PhD in Pharmacology, setting me up nicely for an upper-administrative role at a university and being capable of practicing patent law on the side. My undergraduate work is in Biochemistry, as is my current employment.

I suppose your applications (paper-pushing) are exciting, though. Call me when you need a patent attorney to explain the big words to you someday, kid. :wink:

2 Likes

The capacity in which I am serving on the quantum computing patent committee is an an engineer and physicist and if I need any help with the legal aspect of it I can get that from the actual lawyers on the committee who seem to share none of the unearned pomposity of a brat who talks all grandiose while studying for his LSAT. Good luck with that.

3 Likes

So now you’re a physicist? Highly unlikely. You lack the breadth of abstract and logical reasoning necessary to compose a coherent argument, thus, you emphatically cannot possibly have completed any level of coursework beyond elementary, non-calc based physics courses. Props for trying, though.

What you unequivocally are, though, is a petulant, obtuse hidebound mechanism of reasoning. Anyone with enough time to perpetually disseminate their plethora of incongruous, illogical an buffoonish jeremiad, in addition to playing Classic seriously enough to practically achieve level 60, is discernable as an individual who is privy to exceedingly too much free time, to effectively retain such employment or be a “family man.”

Furthermore, your opinions on Sub are irrelevant, so long as you continue to post on a Classic toon.

But hey, keep digging yourself a hole. If you thought your fundamental usage of IT and physics jargon would impress and/intimidate me, you selected the wrong individual to quarrel. Oh, and you don’t work for Intel or their quantum R&D team. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

i feel so … inadequate :frowning:

1 Like

This was a hilariously amazing post. Favorite forum thread of the year.

1 Like