Cant get past loading screen to get into Spires Of Ascension

It just freezes in the loading screen then DC’s. When i try and log back in it a says that the character already exists. Happens on both my 60’s.

yeah happening to me a couple times tonight too.
Just sits at like 70% loaded. If you wait it d/cs you and if you alt f4 and try and come back in you get the character already exists

somethins up.

Ive come into a group with 3 ppl offline with the same problem

Stuck on loading screen for SOA as well but i had the same problem earlier with loading into BGs too. OCE-Barthilas server

me too, on Barth as well

Same Issue for me, Jubei’thos.

Same issue here. Not sure what server I’m on but its oceanic.

did a “wow repair” from the launcher and i dunno if its related, but it fixed my issue

Happened to my friends and I 3 times in the past hour on Barthilas. Something is broken on our server.

This is happening to me on any character. It also happened repeatedly to me and a guildmate if I was party leader but we got in fine if he was party leader. We are on Caelestrasz/Nagrand so OCE as well.

same issue as yesterday.

cant get past loading screen for instances. Nec Wake for me

getting this too - on Frostmourne when entering Halls of atonement

Having the same issue. First it was solely happening to Necrotic Wake, but now its also happened with Plaguefall and Theaer of Pain.

Queue pops, loading screen gets stuck around ~70% and fails to continue. Have to alt-f4 and reload, and as everyone else has experienced, “character with that name already exists” error comes up (until presumably I am kicked from the instance). After a few mins I can log back in but dungeon finder is on cooldown, as if the game says I’ve entered the dungeon even though I haven’t

One thing I am unsure could be linked but experienced in the midst of this dilemma. One time I managed to load into Necrotic Wake. All the mobs were named “unknown” and unitframes were identical regardless of the mobs being trash or a boss. When transported to the necropolis after the 2nd boss, I was stuck in place. The necropolis itself hadnt loaded, so I was standing on invisible landscape. All the mobs in the necropolis kept falling and then leashing and resetting. It was as if the necropolis had failed to load entirely. No one else in my group experienced this but me. Reloading failed to fix, but relogging did fix both the “unknown” and the missing necropolis issues.

I cant confirm if this issue is linked, only that on my third necrotic wake queue it didnt crash out as above, instead brought me to an instance were assets failed to load.

No addons were installed and files have also been repaired to no avail. Curious if anyone else has experienced the same failed to load assets issue as me intermittently with the load screen crash issue

Just noticed after posting that everyone on this thread is from an OCE realm. Could that have something to do with it?

Happened to me 3 times in the last hour (Mists of Tirna Scithe, Halls of Atonement and Spires of Ascension), dungeon pops, get about 70% through the loading screen, nothing further, have to force close the game.

Khaz’goroth OCE server.

Tried to get into a group on another realm, game was completely lagged out (people running in place, etc.), chat was still active but I had to force close the game. Tried to do a dungeon instead and got stuck on the loading screen and once again had to force close the game.

Aman’thul OCE.

Same. Khaz’goroth, OCE. 70% through load screen. Eventually disconnected from game. Log back in and have a 10 min timeout on random heroic queue.

Same issue Barthilas OCE. Only made it into 1 out of the last 4 dungeon queues.