Can't decide what server?

So, like the title says. I’ve played wow in the past during WotLK, so there’s lots of stuff I missed out. I’m a big fan of RolePlaying, I did tried out the busy “High” servers but my pc just can’t handle that much frame rate is there any other server worth joining for RP or cut my loss and go for PvP/PvE if so which server?

I would like to jump in and also say I am interested in joining an rp server as well, but have never done rp. I am wondering which server is best for a newb?

For active, out in the world RP, your main options are Wyrmrest Accord for Horde, and Moonguard and Wyrmrest for Alliance. For pretty much any of the other RP servers, you’ll be looking for guild-based RP. You don’t really get it out in the world.

Outside of big events, I don’t think you’ll see a big difference in your framerate between high and low pop servers. In current content, RP servers are sharded, so the number of people you see out in the world will be the same regardless of server. (Non-RP realms are sharded for all content.) If you’re having frame rate problems, you’re probably better off messing with your graphics settings than going to a low pop realm.

Sharding is a technology that they use now to balance populations in zones. They can smoosh people from multiple realms together to increase the population or split people up into multiple instances of a zone to lower the population. The end result is that when sharding is active, all realms have a similar zone population.

I’ll try lowering my graphics if that’ll help me out on the current servers I’m on. thank you for your advice.