Can't decide what class to play Shaman, Hunter, Warlock please help me!

Hi everyone,

I started playing wow back in the end of bc and wotlk,

I’m trying to figure out what class I want to main in Retail wow and Classic between a hunter, shaman or a warlock. I will mainly focus on the pve and pvp and support others aspect of the game once I’m geared.

I was wondering what are the pros and cons of those 3 classes and what are your opinions about them ?

Would love to know which class has the best things listed below.

1. Which is more fun and has engaging rotation?
  2. Which has been better in PVE/PVP historically?
  3. A good storyline and lore
  4. Better at soloing?
  5. Better mogs?

Thank you for taking your time to read this!

Kind Regards Astinil

1 Like

Best looking my far and is the only reason I leveled a shammy and warrior is maghar orc. If you wanted alliance I’d say space goat or dwarf

Classic hunter was the only thing I really enjoyed until near the end with warlock

I’m obviously biased towards warlock, but I find the Affliction rotation (especially in cleave/aoe situations) to be very fun. It also fits well with my own class fantasy of what a warlock is. I don’t, and didn’t, have any problems with solo’ing anything as Destro while levelling or now as Affliction.

The available transmogs are basically all cloth gear, but my particular favourite expansions for it are WoTLK and Cata gear. ICC, Ulduar, Naxx, Firelands and all the Twilight themed stuff fits warlocks quite well imo.

Warlock hasn’t been dumpster tier bad for a long time, though it isn’t always necessarily #1. Luckily it has 3 ranged DPS specs, so at least one of them is always viable at any time.

In terms of future expansions, warlock is looking good for Shadowlands. Destro is mostly unchanged (which some call bad, some like.), and Affliction is changing playstyle from stacking UA to using Malefic Rapture to inflict a bunch of damage on already dotted targets. Demo is a bit controversial and I think it may be fun if you like demo but it won’t be the most optimal thing. Workable, but not optimal.

I heard MM and BM hunters are going to be great in Shadowlands, and likewise to Ele and Enh shamans though. One bonus of shamans and warlocks over hunters is the increased group utility, especially so when you consider off-healing or being able to flex into Resto as a shaman.

1 Like

I would say hunter. Pve and pvp is awesome. And even Blizz says hunters are good at soloing. Don’t know much about lore. Transmog? Depends.

Hunters are awesome at dps but you might get bored. I don’t really like shamans in general but warlocks are similar to hunters. Except they have low mobility

1. Which is more fun and has engaging rotation? Elemental Shaman

2. Which has been better in PVE/PVP historically? Warlock no contest

3. A good storyline and lore - Shaman no contest

4. Better at soloing? Tie Warlock and Hunter

5. Better mogs? Warlock, then Shaman. Hunter has the worst mogs in the game.

3 Likes

I wonder about boomkin druids? That might be fun but I haven’t heard how they are doing in SL.

Almost completely agree with Grellos, however I prefer the Warlock’s lore… but only just! :grin:

1 Like

If you’re going for flat-out DPS, I’d recommend Hunter, very braindead rotation and easy to solo things with little to no effort.

In terms of mogs, Shaman and Warlock look awesome, it really depends on what you’re looking for, if your aesthetic is fel then Warlock, if it’s molten lava, water/life then I’d recommend Shaman.

I’ve gotten a Hunter to 120 and as I said before it has one of the easiest and biggest dps rotations in the game. Shaman is fun because sometimes you actually get to do something different and need to adapt to the situation because Shaman has some good utility.