Can't apple-click

Simulating a right click in macOS is done with Ctrl-click.

@Raimondas:
I think that control-click replaces right-click for most purposes in Mac OS, but in the past (as in, up to a few days ago), apple-click has replaced right-click in WoW. At the moment, neither control-click nor apple-click works for me.

2 Likes

Having exactly the same problem. I had mine set to command click and that’s no longer working… also tried every other key combo and NONE of them work. As such, can not sell items in stores or buy (unless I drag the items across one by one), can not use hearth stones, can not use quest items that require I click on the item to make it work…

1 Like

I’m having the same problem too. Glad to see I’m not the only one, thought I was going crazy.

1 Like

OK found a work around till they fix it, for stores you have to drag items to the store to sell, or from the store to your bag to buy. For Hearth stones and quest items… such as the seeds for your farm in sunsong ranch, drag the items to a tool bar… then you can click on them

I can’t click. Have a lockbox, a bag to open and 2 benthic Tread to convert, as well as marked flawless battle stone to assign.

I’m on a MacBook Pro and cannot right click anything in my bags or anything on a vendor. Its so annoying because right clicking works on everything else in the game. I can still right click to move or right click on a group in premade finder etc.

I can’t right click on my mac either. Have used command click without any problems until pre-patch. Glad to hear I’m not alone. Will the game developers just fix this, or do I need to start a ticket?

Same issue here. No addons. I submitted a ticket - the more tickets they get, the faster it will be fixed.

1 Like

This was a lifesaver - many thanks!! I can’t use any of the commands but dragging things to a toolbar worked great.

That is unfortunately both a logical fallacy and quite untrue. More tickets might potentially highlight an important issue, but the team that reads the tickets and sends the info up the chain isn’t the same as the one fixing the problem(s). All you’re doing by spamming tickets is clogging up lines that the GMs use to help those with issues that they (the GMs) can fix. GMs, which are the ones that usually answer tickets, are not the same as developers. Don’t make their job harder than it has to be. And don’t put in multiple tickets for the same issue, if that’s the idea you’re getting in your head. That’s a quick way to get a nice fat block on your account, if not an outright ban, however small it may be.

It should also be noted that there are very few people at Blizzard that still have specialty capabilities with regard to macOS, so Mac issues are going to usually take longer to get fixed, and sometimes (ok most of the time) also have to wait for a Windows bugfix push before they are given the go-ahead to push out a new Mac client update.

I’m not defending any of this, merely informing you of what not to do in this situation.

OK, my friend suggested another good workaround. On my computer (Macbook Pro) I went to System Preferences > Trackpad > Point and Click > Secondary Click (and I chose “click with two fingers” but there are other options). So now I can click with two fingers instead of dragging everything to toolbars.
I still hope they give us back apple-click, though.

1 Like

Glad to help

TOTALLY WORKS!!! Thank you Mattilde… way better than my dragging things to the tool bar suggestion… I can now open bags that dropped from mobs which the toolbar workaround didn’t allow

I’ve been having the exact sample problem. I’m so glad I found this thread. I submitted a ticket yesterday, but haven’t heard back. When I checked my System Preferences (as Mattilde suggested), they were already set up the way he suggests, so in desperation, i turned it, then turned it back on. Logged back into WoW, and it WORKS!

Thank you everybody! My bag has been overflowing! Now I can hearthstone home and do something about that!

Today’s build (36272) fixes the issue.

It didn’t for me :frowning:

two finger click does though

This should have been fixed, but if you are having issues with the right click or Control-click, let’s move the discussion over on this thread:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/command-click-no-longer-working/676074/45

There is an issue our team is aware of for the cmd+click key getting stuck which is currently being worked on as well.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/command-key-getting-stuck-in-wow-only-after-cmd-click-fix/686907/2

This will help keep the reports centralized to one thread for tracking and monitor purposes. In the mean time, it may help to try the following steps to workaround the issue:

• Check that secondary mouse button is enabled.
  • For Macbooks or those that use the trackpad, use the double finger tap.
  • If neither of those work, try an external 2-button mouse if possible.

If you’re still having issues after the patch, please let us know on the main thread.