Cannot Turn In the Forged Seal of Ascension

I’ve completed the Seal of Ascension quest (collected the gems, mind controlled the dragon, had him breathe on the unforged seal, etc.), but when I return to Vaelen in LBRS to turn it in, he gives me no options to do so. Talking to him does nothing but show the standard dialogue.

I checked to ensure the Forged Seal of Ascension was in my bags (it is) and that the quest is marked “Completed” in my logs (it is). I was not in a raid. I’m not sure where to go from here.

I did a search for this topic and didn’t see anything, but maybe folk in TBC Classic just aren’t doing this quest very often since the portal opened? Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: After logging out and back in, resetting the dungeon, killing some trash, collecting the “Unadorned” Seal of Ascension from one of those mobs, and talking to him again, he gave me the proper dialogue to finish the chain and get the ring that opens the UBRS door. I’m not sure if it was the reloading or having the trash drop in my inventory that fixed it but it’s fixed on my end. Very, very strange.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for posting your solution, I just encountered the same issue today! Resetting and picking up another Seal of Ascension fixed the problem. I agree its an uncommon issue these days cuz people aren’t doing the quest much in TBC. But I’m glad to have found your thread!

Yes, the fix is to loot another Unadorned Seal of Ascension. I didn’t reset or anything, just killed a few packs to get the drop and went back to him. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thanks it bugged out for me also I tried this and it worked , much appreciated

My first thought was that you had completed a step too soon and needed the unadorned seal for the turn-in to further the quest.

One of the dangers of knowing how it ends…