Cannot fight or even see Bor'geth

Even if I start the group myself, I see none of my group members or the boss. I see nothing and get no rewards when he is downed and cannot fight him myself at all.

BTW, I’m not fighting him on a lvl 30 Tauren druid, I’m on my 60 druid so not only is the game screwed up, so are the boards. Pls help. I do love this game and have actually had very few issues with it but this one is maddening.

There are intentional restrictions on forming a group in the Maw. Normally, grouping up will pull everyone into the group leader’s shard (assuming everyone’s Warmode is compatible). In the Maw, the phasing shift does not happen. To guarantee identical sharding, members of the group have to travel someplace else (say, Oribos) and back into the Maw as group members. When re-entering the Maw in the group, you will be sharded appropriately.

Let me emphasize: intentional. The development team was very clear that it was working exactly the way it’s supposed to. They never really clarified why they wanted it working that way, probably because they are literally under zero obligation to get the player’s approval. You don’t have to understand why and you don’t have to like it. You either put up with it or you don’t play that part of the game.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info Captain. Ill try it tonight then,

Sadly not working. I have the same bug, the boss isn’t there, I’ve left the maw and come back while in group multiple times, logged out and logged back in, it’s like I’m stuck in a shard and nothing I do will let me group.

You must:

1. Join the group outside of the Maw, and then
  2. Proceed to the Maw

Any other combination of joining inside the Maw, and then leaving and coming back, etc., etc., will not work. You must join the group outside of the Maw in a sanctuary area (Oribos, for example) and then proceed to the Maw.

If you join a group in the Maw, you could travel to the ends of Azeroth and back, do a full UI reset, re-install the game and buy a new computer, and it won’t put you in the correct phase. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You must do 1 and 2 above, in that order, for Maw groups to work.

Maw groups haven’t required this since 9.1. Source: me, literally every time I joined a Tormentors group while camped in the Maw waiting for the timer in order to complete the kill-all-bosses achievement.

Tbh it sounds like the OP is on a quest that is phasing the Zovaal’s Cauldron area. Without seeing their quest log it’s difficult to know.

You’ve had good luck, then. If the group you’re joining happens, out of sheer luck, to be on the same shard as you, then there’s no need to go to a sanctuary zone to join.

However, I see nothing in the 9.1 notes about a change, and from recent reports I see, joining a group from a sanctuary zone is still required.

I’m only after what’s true and correct so if you have some link or patch notes or anything about a change, I’d be happy to read it and stand corrected.

The 9.1 patch notes say nothing, and when I search for “Maw phasing change” I only get information about the change Blizz made (around the end of November 2020) reverting the need to do this “sanctuary-zone-group-joining” in the entirety of Shadowlands zones. At that point, they rescinded the requirement on every zone except max-level Maw.

And here is a current support article, also stating the same need to be in a sanctuary area, and subsequently enter the Maw, to see your chosen group:

Since many gripe about this Maw-group requirement, I’d assume that a change to remove the requirements would result in at least a happy forum thread or a Wowhead or Icy Veins article. I see nothing of the sort, though.

Anecdotal at best, much like my own experience. Contrary to yours, I have seen no one complaining about the pre-9.1 functionality in the slightest.

However, there is no denying that when mobs literally phase out in front of you after joining a group, you have changed shards. Shards only host one instance of any zone, and this has absolutely been my experience since 9.1. I used it to farm Tormentors and I used it to hunt groups for the Fallen Charger. I never once had to leave the Maw and return despite obviously transporting between shards. In fact, there have been times where I experienced the opposite problem where I was in a shard that wasn’t my “home” when the Fallen Charger spawned, I listed a group, and I was transported back to the “home” shard thus losing out on a chance at the spawn I had just witnessed. Finally, look no further than the ease with which Mor’geth groups bring in people waiting at his location to fight; no one has to join from Oribos and hoof it because it’s no longer required.

The simplest explanation is this guy is on a quest that phases Zovaal’s Cauldron. I’d have to look back through Maw quests to determine which one could be doing it but I know there is at least one, possibly tied to the campaign. As for the support article? I’m not holding my breath that these are being kept up-to-date in a timely manner given how backlogged their support ticket system has been this year.

There’s an easy way to solve our disagreement. Just produce patch notes or any indication from anyone, anywhere, that this has changed.

Anything, any link, any discussion, anything anywhere. I want to believe what you say, but all of the information I find is to the contrary of what you’re insisting, and you can’t provide a single piece of evidence referencing any change.

You are producing only anecdotal evidence. On the other hand, I’ve provided links to information showing that what I propose to be the situation is indeed the case. My personal experience is anecdotal - however all of the links I provided are not.

I’d like to actually know what the real situation is. Unfortunately, if I have two solid pieces of published evidence from the creators of the game, those hold weight more than your anecdotal experience of joining any group you want and automatically being in the same phase.

How is it that your personal experience is the end-all-be-all of how things are? If you do indeed join any group in the maw and automatically see them then you’ve been extremely lucky, as I said, because the phasing requirements for the Maw certainly still exist, by all indications.

1 Like

“Works for me, not a real problem” is practically a trope. Crappy when it’s used to interfere with problem solving.

1 Like